PS4...how will it affect gta v?

luburgh

Do you guys think sony's announcement of having the ps4 available by this Christmas is what caused the delay? Errgh. Sony probably wants to have a big name game pushing people to buy its new system. Honestly, if I were a sony exec I would pay big big BIG bucks to make gta v a ps4 exclusive. Don't think thats the case at all  though, at least I really hope not lol

Sorry, nope, never a doubt in my mind, as I see it, with the passage of near on ten years already from current consoles to the next, GTA 5 is firmly rooted in the idea to make the best game from Rockstar for current technology we have now, and that means Xbox and PS3 using the RAGE engine and Euphoria physics that they've been working on improving for only a handful of games since GTA IV

It makes sense when you think about the legacy of San Andreas and how it's widely loved and as well, thought to be one of the best PS2 generation games ever made. Using the Renderware engine of that gen cycle, Rockstar could have parlayed all they gained into several new franchises using that AI and tech, there's really no firm limit on ideas for it, but the marching on of tech made them giddy in adopting the development console kits early and ending prior game build for the 'last generation' consoles.

As Sony is doing here, not so much what Rockstar have said, but that Sony wants the jump on other hardware vendors, they also want to rectify issues that plague the PS3 system, the PS4 will be in a better position to serve the PSVita as well, though the PS3 is said to do or ideally do what the PS4 can or will do with the PS Vita in Internet streaming back and forth and wireless control between the two

I'd be surprized if anybody is still dumb enough to buy a PS4 after the fail-of-the-decade PS3 fiasco, but JustIn Bieber is still selling albums so it's hard to be surprized of anything today.

Anyway, judging by the amount of hype GTA V generated, I'd say GTA V will influence the PS4's sales more than the PS4 will influence GTA V's sales.

Edited by TUN3R

• 1 month later...

Cover story I believe was GAMEStm suggests in a timeline featured about what we do know, what we don't....is that Sony is supposedly on record saying they will follow what Microsoft does, LITERALLY and release PS4 AFTER the Xbox again, because I believe, it allows them to garner the spotlight after Microsoft gets it for their publicity and advertising. Having it follow Microsoft allows them to have the last laugh, in essence, but it's slated or proposed to release around March 2014, or earlier, PERHAPS, but even though I've not heard much, they say Xbox Next will release by Christmas THIS YEAR. I'm sure that in June, we'll know much more if this is accurate or not. Will it effect GTA V?, nope, it will NOT