Multiplayer Reinvented

BlackListedB

One of the possible delay scenarios I think is a real possibility is Multiplayer's complex faceted challenge building, from some accounts, new modes of competitive game play are being devised in an effort to break from the old.

One thing I'd like to point out is my findings on YouTube with regard to Rockstar's RDR and it's multiplayer set in the old West.

I had already delved into MP for the first time with GTA IV and RDR about the same time before looking at videos, not quite as enjoyable as you know, playing directly yourself, however, one of the earliest uploads showed a much different atmosphere of RDR MP online, less combative, more exploratory and no propensity for 'Griefing' other gamers, for which Rockstar had to institute some penalties into the system, like more instant Wanted levels, however, as you know if you're a RDR die hard, killing someone to be instantly wanted with 5 or 6 kills meant you progressed up the food chain in your leveling faster! haha

I had a hell of a time with spawning, In GTA IV MP I had a hell of a time with some of the kill modes... It seemed like there was good and bad features in particular to each game. I've not had the chance to try Max Payne MP yet, but offer some opinions on how MP can be instituted, or as we learn more, did they get it right so far with GTA 5??

Where are you getting at...

Yes GTA V was delayed, maybe cause of technical complications, maybe to stir up more hype, maybe both. Nobody knows.

And YouTubers are full of shit, although some of them talented. They could probably make their own indie game with the amount of effort they put in those fake "Beta gameplays".

• 1 month later...

Now Tun3r's gonna manage to get most of the topics locked around here, it will start to feel like GTAForums if that keeps up!

[Not this reply but the earlier one on GTA V's graphics, totally off topic, and on par with flaming, which is uncalled for]

I tend to agree that if someone's trying to pull together a fake GTA just to trick people, and they do it well, why not parlay that into game making for real!? Could happen too I suppose. YouTube is one of my favorite places online, I'd go there anyday versus Facebook, etc.

To add to this topic in a meaningful way, I am hearing some users at Newswire comment section saying that they'd like Rockstar to bring up the MP aspect next, however, I told them there'd be time enough for that once Newswire is talking about all the online matchups and challenges for many years to come (upon release of the game) Sarcastic tone implied! hahaha

Edited by BlackListedB

Now Tun3r's gonna manage to get most of the topics locked around here, it will start to feel like GTAForums if that keeps up!

[Not this reply but the earlier one on GTA V's graphics, totally off topic, and on par with flaming, which is uncalled for]

And just now you've done the same for this topic, idiot.

I tend to agree that if someone's trying to pull together a fake GTA just to trick people, and they do it well, why not parlay that into game making for real!? Could happen too I suppose. YouTube is one of my favorite places online, I'd go there anyday versus Facebook, etc.

To add to this topic in a meaningful way, I am hearing some users at Newswire comment section saying that they'd like Rockstar to bring up the MP aspect next, however, I told them there'd be time enough for that once Newswire is talking about all the online matchups and challenges for many years to come (upon release of the game) Sarcastic tone implied! hahaha

Let me remind you that until the shameful thing that is GTA IV came out, GTA didn't have multiplayer. Rockstar haven't even released anything meaningful about the singleplayer other than the fact that you'll get to play as a homeboy, a deadbeat, and a rat at the same time cause we're Rockstar and we have to do everything differently from everyone else, one single protagonist is so 2004... Anyway yeah, and their conscern is the multiplayer? Fuck's sake.

Sometimes I wish EA had actually bought GTA IV.

I did no such thing, it's all you, kiddo.

Anywho, as is required on a forum, keep the decorum, I'm back to talking about Rockstar and the games, that's what we're here for, get it, got it? Good.

So to counter your argument from someone who likes the evolution of GTA, to counter Saints Row and any other GTA competition, I see Mr Houser following through with his intentions to keep evolving GTA into a realistic "murder simulator" that teaches kids like you how to kill, steal, and .....?!?! No wait, that's Jack Thompson's stance. I see it certainly getting to poor Mr Thompson because the technology evolves along with what GTA can amount to eventually. As Sam Houser did say himself.. "A living, breathing world", and most recently Dan Houser said "We won't stop until we've recreated the real World", and by that he's assuring fans of GTA that evolving it realistically is the goal, so I was very pleased to hear him say that!

Edited by BlackListedB

• 3 weeks later...

You think they're gonna create some new and innovative way for players to run around in videogame land and shoot at each other? Lawl.

Not trying to sound condescending, but how many variations of that model can there possibly be? Really now, aside from better graphics, how has MP changed in the 10+ years now since it was catapulted it into console mainstream?

• 2 months later...

I've not had the chance to try Max Payne MP yet, but offer some opinions on how MP can be instituted, or as we learn more, did they get it right so far with GTA 5??

As the leader of the #1 Freeaim team on Max Payne 3, I can tell you that it def has its own style of play. I recommend that you pick it up since it's cheap and learn about the bursts and adrenaline that we have already seen them using for GTA V.  

• 3 weeks later...

I took some early initiative with this topic I see, Now has come the big reveal of MP action, but I have to say, I still long for multiplayer poker in the modern GTA settings era. So many people enjoyed Liar's Dice and Texas Hold 'Em in Red Dead that I think it would still go over gang-busters. I wonder, how much fun might MP golf be in the game? I have to admit, I've only dabbled in it! hahaha