If you could pick a celebrity to portray themself in GTA V, who would it be?

Trevor_Philips

As I read that, I thought of Jason Lee, he's a good pick. But for seeing past characters with celebrity name sakes, I'd like Axl Rose to show up again as DJ of the rock station, in some cameo for GTA V, say, announcing a musical act, where I think GTA V could offer musical shows in lieu of the comedy clubs and other acts seen in GTA IV

Also, my first pick might be Burt Reynolds as Avery Carrington, he was a sublime pick, even if he was fussy to work with. Still and ALWAYS a legend in my book!

I'd also point out that whoever voices Michael in GTA V really does sound like Ray Liotta to me, great pick in audio casting from Rockstar, as they knowingly won't hire Liotta again! We all know that! haha

I hope, as I thoughtfully suggested prior, take events one can attend in fictional Los Santos; comedy clubs, cabaret (sp??) and make a musical event, with of course, who else.... LOVE FIST! Wasn't enough to have the name on a marquee in GTA IV's version of Times Square, it would be neat to have them now perform a small gig, one song set with some malfunction on stage cutting it short. 

From the early exposure to this with the Russian club acts in IV, I felt Rockstar probably used those small skits to practice animations in 3D, because the illusion is certainly there, and it's effective!  

I'd also point out that whoever voices Michael in GTA V really does sound like Ray Liotta to me, great pick in audio casting from Rockstar, as they knowingly won't hire Liotta again! We all know that! haha

We know Michael is voiced by Ned Luke, he is the perfect suite to play Michael, I'm already a big fan.

As for a celebrity: Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) from Breaking Bad trying to sell meth to Trevor. It makes perfect sense R*

• 3 months later...

Of the few that have, and not the voice talent, I'd say it seems unlikely any celebs are being tapped to appear in this upcoming GTA (Five), Rockstar have basically said it was helpful in the earliest incarnation because of technical limitations, and added value to the immersion experience, but now the tech and software tools are much more refined and evolved, and seeing or hearing a known actor in the game they feel takes away from the immersion experience they want to convey, but on the topic of things to see and do, not only that, but radio hosted by musicians, It's a brilliant idea that still fits the evolving GTA concept. I'm on board for more of the same.

I don't have a particular celeb in mind, I like the past cast, but for sake of argument, Jon Lovitz can be amusing to some. To others, annoying. I doubt someone like Dan Ackroyd would lend his talent, for instance, so I'm only really aware of people who are famous who've mentioned GTA at one time or another, one of those was Tom Green!

Oh, heck, why not Dave Chappelle?!?

Edited by BlackListedB

We know Michael is voiced by Ned Luke, he is the perfect suite to play Michael, I'm already a big fan.

As for a celebrity: Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) from Breaking Bad trying to sell meth to Trevor. It makes perfect sense R*

Kind of, except Breaking Bad is based in Albuquerque :P A lot different from Los Angeles. I think a knock off Tom Cruise and some other 'Scientology' people would be hilarious. Joined into the Epsilon program, hah.  

• 3 months later...