GTAV Special and Collector's Editions Announced - Available for Pre-order

Chris

actual_1369261225.jpg

Rockstar have just announced two special edition versions of GTA V that are now available for pre-order, and unlike other games (such as CoD) which bundle stupid, pointless crap with their game, Rockstar have included some pretty nice stuff with theirs. All pre-orders will additionally get access to pilot the Atomic Blimp (pictured above), "hawking Los Santos’ finest tire company (whose products are available in any LS Customs garage)."

First up, the Special Edition, this includes:

Full retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V

Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork
This special SteelBook features double-sided, never-before-seen artwork of Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Custom color and metallic treatments bring out the detail of the artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook.

Blueprint Map
This exclusive, additional 21.5” x 26.75” map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County. Cryptic markings indicate locations for fast cash and other points of interest for the up-and-coming entrepreneur. 

Special Ability Boost
Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster.

Stunt Plane Trials
Single player Stunt Plane Trials let you take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County.

Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More
Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County.

Additional Weapons
When visiting Ammunation stores in single player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.

actual_1369261683.jpg

Click the image above for full details

The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition includes all the contents of Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition as described above plus:

Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
Inspired by the heists in Grand Theft Auto V, this custom 10.75” x 8.5” money bag features a pop-up style lock and laser cut logo key to secure important items. The reverse side features a pressed Rockstar Games logo on the security mount with a framed ID window.

Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY™ Snapback Cap
This exclusive New Era 9FIFTY™ cap features an embroidered Los Santos logo on the front, a stitched, black Rockstar Games logo on the wearer’s left side, a Grand Theft Auto ‘V’ logo applique on the opposite side, and snapback closure for an adjustable fit.

Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
Get classic Grand Theft Auto characters to use within the Grand Theft Auto Online Character Creation System.

Unique Vehicles and Garage Property
Players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930’s style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.

The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition comes packaged in a premium outer box featuring a foil embossed Grand Theft Auto V logo on the top, finished with a matte, scuff-resistant film lamination, housing all of the contents.

actual_1369261754.jpg
Click the image above for full details.

The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition and Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition are the perfect way for fans to celebrate the return of GTA, with special digital content and exclusive Grand Theft Auto V physical items. Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition will retail for $149.99, while the Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition will retail for $79.99. All versions are now available for pre-order until September 17, 2013 while supplies last.

Look for online pre-order links to be updated at www.rockstargames.com/V/preorder starting later today.

via Rockstar Newswire

Pretty nice goodies, I'm also sure we'll have access to most of them in the normal game, just a bit later, or like the blimp maybe a texture pack. The map also seems to be revealed and considering it's a blueprint showing highways only, LS looks pretty big if you consider small roads.

Looks like I will be getting the Special Edition. Although that is a really nice looking hat, 70 more dollars, holy crap. Snapbacks go for around 35 - 30 dollars so I don't know if that deposit bag is worth all the extra money. Still too much digital content for my tastes.

The blimp will also be available for who pre-orders the retail game apparently, my opinion on that is that it's a texture pack and nothing else. And the stunt challenges, from the wording "Single player Stunt Plane Trials let you take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County." it looks like it'll just be an additional stunt challenge besides the others we might have in the game.

I might not be getting any of the editions, but I'm not too worried about the digital content. We should be proud R* hasn't turned into EA putting game-changing content (25% faster recharge in abilities is hardly game changing as they're optional) and microtransactions.

Many people spent many months, over a year now, imagining the digital playground, now with Rockstar offering a City Blueprint, anyone take a close look to compare what is now official with all the fan speculation, some of which is based on intimate knowledge of the location of placement, Los Angeles, CA.

I'd assume some if not all of the digital content MAY come to a Game of the Year, which GTA is an obvious SHOE-IN I'd say.... may come about, but I still wouldn't place bets on that, I think the extra price will be exclusive to those who are DIE-HARD GTAers, not that I'm not, but I don't have the extra cash to spend typically, but considering the time-investment alone, I think it may behoove me to buy this one, I know the next GTA is a long, long, LONG way off!!!!

Edited by BlackListedB

Yeah the folks over at GTAforums have done an amazing job putting together the map. Now CVG too is working on their own mapping project, very cool stuff. CVG has actually seen the game too, so I will take their final creation as the definitive map until we actually get our hands on the game.

I am buying the Special Edition mainly for the steelbook.

That collector's edition sounds pretty nifty, but unfortunately I'd have to pull off a robbery of my own to be able to afford it (then again, I bought the collector's edition of MW2 some years back when I was young and stupid and have regretted it for some time now... even though those NVGs are pretty nifty :-3). I might shell out the extra $20 for the special edition, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Helps mapping it out if you've lived in or near LA CA for real, any length of time. I saved the leaked maps and at this point about ready to delete them from my drive because it's looking so amateur-hour right now, compared to what Rockstar have shown and the press is hinting at, this game is far too large to include in the one regional mapping put out earlier by someone who remains a mystery. They disguised it as showing from a PS3 menu system. 

The one thing from the past that I wonder about most recently while looking back on the long journey to this point is .... What of Ned Luke?! Wouldn't people be keeping tabs on what he's actually doing to figure out if he's the Micheal character, and perhaps, how soon someone's credit will appear on IMDB??

No matter, the harder decision I'm still faced with is whether to spend the most money getting my copy of this GTA issue?!?

• 2 weeks later...

So I picked up the preorder poster from Gamestop. Wow the colors are insane. You really appreciate the stunning art direction when its up close. I take it back this is the best box art in the series.

GTAV_poster_bonusLG.jpg

Its 22x28 for those wondering.

I got one myself last week and am showing off the box art side. It is a pretty cool poster. I also got the one with the hot female cop arresting the hooker on one side and Franlin with Chop on the other, some months back. Next time I go in, they'll probably have something else GTA-related to give me for free, too. I get all kinds of free shit from my GameStop. :innocent: 

The one thing from the past that I wonder about most recently while looking back on the long journey to this point is .... What of Ned Luke?! Wouldn't people be keeping tabs on what he's actually doing to figure out if he's the Micheal character, and perhaps, how soon someone's credit will appear on IMDB??

No matter, the harder decision I'm still faced with is whether to spend the most money getting my copy of this GTA issue?!?

IMDb says he was in Boardwalk Empire, looks like a very minor role, but hopefully he and the other two actors get some more exposure after GTA V comes out. I remember seeing Ned Luke's cheerios commerical a couple years back, who would of ever thought he would be the protagonist of GTA. What a small world eh?

I think I might upgrade my standard edition to Special after seeing the gameplay video, so hyped! That steelbook case will come in handy in the long run, my IV case is feeling its age.

I got one myself last week and am showing off the box art side. It is a pretty cool poster. I also got the one with the hot female cop arresting the hooker on one side and Franlin with Chop on the other, some months back. Next time I go in, they'll probably have something else GTA-related to give me for free, too. I get all kinds of free shit from my GameStop. :innocent:

Yeah its fantastic, I have the box art side framed and hanging on my wall next to my bed. I'm not the kind of person to hang posters around my house, but this just looks so good, with the art direction and colors I made an exception.