Why is this forum inactive

Korin

I am on another forum like gaming forum here, but it is also dead. It gets the average post or two everyday or every other day, but that's it. Both forums are inactive as hell.

I tried to revive http://forum.tecmokoei-europe.com/ (whcih is the gaming forum) but it is dead like here.

Facebook and Twitter destroyed most 'smaller' forums, and only large forums live.

Really the only other GTA Forums I can think of is GTAForums, GTAGaming and GTA.ru (russian gaming forum). GTAGaming is semi-active unlike here, which is just well... dead.

But if a forum is about certain subject that is not popular on Facebook/Twitter, those forums kinda 'live'. It's just the social stuff like Gaming, movies, tv shows, sports... etc that get destroyed by Facebook and Twitter.

edit: But whatever if GTAForums get hacked ever, we may see temporary boost in traffic.

Edited by Korin

For me, it's that I don't bother at all with GTAForums anymore, and they were by far the most prolific forum of any GTA related ones I've seen. I talk GTA a lot still, but usually offline I'd say. Spending more online time at eBay and YouTube then anywhere else.

The funny thing perhaps is the more we know about the game, the less we formulate theories in the forums. What is known is still sketchy, but it's enough to sate the appetite that was much more fervent in the 2 or 3 years up to the second trailer, even after the first trailer, there was still much speculation.

As with the Playstation 4, it's enough to know it's coming fairly soon, and that it should be a 'game changer' for Sony at least. I still use PS3, and Xbox360, but I've always felt if you love gaming, hopefully you can manage both consoles AND a gaming PC, and if not all at once, eventually at least.

• 2 months later...

It depends on the subject of the forum. GTA isn't something people can talk about daily for long periods of time. Once a new one comes out, people want to talk about it, but, when the game isn't new anymore, the conversations go away. I am a long time member of a wrestling forum and a lot of wrestling forums thrive because it's something that comes on TV each week, so, there is always something to discuss. Game forums, for the most part, tend to die when there is no new game to talk about. I also mod a Mortal Kombat forum, the same thing happens there. No new game, discussion is fairly low. When a new game comes out, there is plenty to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Like others have said, people get busy with life (And the long wait of R* with GTA releases kills the fun). I was kinda active around here and other GTA communities such as GTAGaming before, and my age was around 15-16 yrs old then. Now I occasionally just check GTAForums just for GTA V, once that is done I'll check very few times.

Before I would actually stick around daily after a release.   R* needs to speed it up a little more, hopefully after V they start working on another GTA title faster, so maybe new members can stick around more and at the same time bring back the old ones.

In all fairness, I think it's a good thing R* are taking their time in actually releasing GTA V. It'd be a shame and spoil if they rushed the games development for us to later purchase it (finally) and find out that there are too many serious bugs to actually play the game properly. Granted, there are a few bugs, glitches etc in early release versions of the game...but at least R* then works on releasing a patch or two to significantly fix some of these bugs. :)

I think the long awaited time for the release of the game is better than an early rushed release.

It depends on the subject of the forum. GTA isn't something people can talk about daily for long periods of time. Once a new one comes out, people want to talk about it, but, when the game isn't new anymore, the conversations go away. I am a long time member of a wrestling forum and a lot of wrestling forums thrive because it's something that comes on TV each week, so, there is always something to discuss. Game forums, for the most part, tend to die when there is no new game to talk about. I also mod a Mortal Kombat forum, the same thing happens there. No new game, discussion is fairly low. When a new game comes out, there is plenty to do.

YJ? Holy shit I haven't seen you in forever. How are you!?

But yeah, it's unfortunate the forums have become so inactive. It's nice being able to discuss the games / theories with people from very different backgrounds than local friends. I HOPE things pick back up soon though.

• Like 1

Its just as times go on people move on, we find jobs and develop new interests and just lose time to actually come on here. In retrospect the forums will probably pick up once V is released but its just keeping the people here and what kept that was the things like gangs, and everything that SA had that kept people interested wanting to learn what people did in that game. Im sure we will see a rise in activity just not nowhere near what it used to see.

It used to be pretty active back in the day of San Andreas, when TGTAP was running IP.Board 2.3.4/5/6, though that was when it had it's own custom theme, the gangs system, and downloads being actively uploaded etc. True, some mods where never approved, some where. It's just that the staff had other things they had to take care of as well as moderating the forum. Some ignorant people expected admins to be on 24/7 just to approve their mods, and they got rude about it at some point if I remember.

I'm positively sure that when V is released (and I agree with Mike) things "hopefully" will start to pick up again. If not just over more than what TGTAP used to have, since this new GTA title has more exciting features to offer us, not to mention how much GTA has changed in the past few years.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry about me when it comes to activity, I've been away offline for various reasons, but I always ALWAYS come back, since GTAForums won't allow people they personally dislike (for reasons unknown to the accused), I've subscribed whole heartedly to this forum and my own.

As an aside regarding GTAChronicles, Mike our webmaster and fellow instigator of the forum I speak of GTAC (He's know as PCguytech_2005 from his dayz at GTAForums, BTW) He's been doing some overhaulin' of our Network in prep for GTA V, at the moment I logged I noted only the main landing page is still up, so never fear, it should be an official update and not some grievious crash from Cyberhoodlums probably working on behalf of GTAForums. We'll get things back up before GTA V, God willing! hahaha