Why doesnt anybody comment on this site no more?

This was the first forum that I visited prior to the release of San Andreas and I remember that there used to be tons of people that commented here, even before the release of GTA IV there used to be alot of people in here as well.

But now everytime we get news on GTA V we get like 3-5 comments, and the forums section is even more dead. So what happen to this site?? Did everyone just moved to the GTA forums or whats going on??

I won't lie, I am gulity of spending more time on the GTAforums. I have never bothered to join though. Quite a lot of the older members obviously don't come around as much, or some seem to just have left. There was a time I think that I didn't come here for a year or even longer, but I am back now. Who knows? That period between 2001 and 2004 must have been incredible to get the three GTA games within such a short span of time, that could have something to do with it, one of the drawbacks for fans, of having a five year long development period, people leave. But Rockstar has other amazing games and I think the GTA franchise is stronger than it has ever been, GTA V looks like Rockstar's best game ever. So this should be the time people will be coming back.

I won't bother with GTAForums anymore, other then to scout who's online to see where everyone I knew went to, but ultimately, I like voicing off as much as anyone else posting things up there, and I was uberActive while a member for damn near 10 years. I remain so here and elsewhere, obviously. The Internet is not some exclusive domain for a select few, and seeing it the way I do, I won't be excluded from discussions. End of Discussion! HAHA

Expect me to sound off some time, some place, some where, I don't see a point in forums where it's lurk, lurk, and no play

The GTAforums has some intresting discussions, and people are doing pretty cool things over there, if you can wade through a lot of the immature posts, but I don't really mind that. (its understandable)

I won't be coming online till I have beaten the game for fear of spoilers.

Well, fine for GTAForums then, but without me, they will never be the same! HA!

Anywho, I'd like to talk about more KNOWN aspects, but though we've seen plenty so far, the hands on play feel of the game will be an entirely different experience. So far, some of the plot lines are already spoiled, you could say, but there are others that lead to some exciting questions about what happens next.

More of that 'hunted by wildlife', for example?!? What might that entail? We know about some possible MAN EATING SHARKS in this GTA

Edited by BlackListedB

• 2 months later...

This forum definitely deserves more recognition! Nowadays, there's often more than 10x guests than members (I used to be a hefty lurker).

I think if The GTA Place did some giveaways, we could get some more sign ups, but a lot of them will leave after they have participated in the giveaway, and some won't. Either way it's a win-win, more members = more active for guest users = they'd sign up? (Hopefully).

The give away could even be a copy(one or more) of GTA V, and I'm sure Chris can get a few copies from R* to give away, but obviously they'd be rules not to participate if you already have the game!

Or, you could run some sort of referrals competition for like a month  for signed up users, referrals software should be available for IP Board, basically whoever brings in the most members via social media, passing links i.e my ref link would be something like this: thegtaplace.com/forums/ref/m3shys and when signed up through that link, you'd get a referral, there also could be an IP checking automated system (preventing multiple sign ups per user).  

And if the user won, you'd contact them and ask them if they want the game (some people already have it, some people wont it for reasons unimaginable)

Edited by M3shyS

This forum definitely deserves more recognition! Nowadays, there's often more than 10x guests than members (I used to be a hefty lurker).

I think if The GTA Place did some giveaways, we could get some more sign ups, but a lot of them will leave after they have participated in the giveaway, and some won't. Either way it's a win-win, more members = more active for guest users = they'd sign up? (Hopefully).

The give away could even be a copy(one or more) of GTA V, and I'm sure Chris can get a few copies from R* to give away, but obviously they'd be rules not to participate if you already have the game!

Or, you could run some sort of referrals competition for like a month  for signed up users, referrals software should be available for IP Board, basically whoever brings in the most members via social media, passing links i.e my ref link would be something like this: thegtaplace.com/forums/ref/m3shys and when signed up through that link, you'd get a referral, there also could be an IP checking automated system (preventing multiple sign ups per user).  

And if the user won, you'd contact them and ask them if they want the game (some people already have it, some people wont it for reasons unimaginable)

You do realize that TGTAP has 49,418 members, with almost 390,000 posts with 470+ guests on at the moment right? TGTAP has recognition, it's just that the old timers (like myself) have been busy with life and other things for the past few years. Some will return, and some won't.

You do realize that TGTAP has 49,418 members, with almost 390,000 posts with 470+ guests on at the moment right? TGTAP has recognition, it's just that the old timers (like myself) have been busy with life and other things for the past few years. Some will return, and some won't.

I know about the history of the site, and the stats, I know it used to be big in the 'old days' well 'much bigger and more active' kind of. I meant the time period of today - these months+. Not earlier.

Edited by M3shyS

If the staff of GTAForums were actually more mature then the idiots who post the garbage, I could see even lurking there as entertaining, but I didn't come to any forum to be passive, and the staff still have a lot to learn about being mature. Since they banned me and won't say anything about it in light of the fact I never broke the rule they accused me of, and they wouldn't even 'man up' to put their name to the vote.

I was hassled a lot, and early on I tried my best to ignore it, but when it wouldn't settle down and friends were treated shabbily, I just felt oppressed and couldn't enjoy being there.

It's nice on these other forums as you can feel like you don't miss anything with the lack of an abundance of material. I'd prefer everyone sounding off though.

GTAForums is still the most active, and largest online forum, but I still won't cowtow to idiot demands. Not all their staff are head in the sand variety, but they do come off as elitist rather then understanding of other's positions

• Like 1

If the staff of GTAForums were actually more mature then the idiots who post the garbage, I could see even lurking there as entertaining, but I didn't come to any forum to be passive, and the staff still have a lot to learn about being mature. Since they banned me and won't say anything about it in light of the fact I never broke the rule they accused me of, and they wouldn't even 'man up' to put their name to the vote.

I was hassled a lot, and early on I tried my best to ignore it, but when it wouldn't settle down and friends were treated shabbily, I just felt oppressed and couldn't enjoy being there.

It's nice on these other forums as you can feel like you don't miss anything with the lack of an abundance of material. I'd prefer everyone sounding off though.

GTAForums is still the most active, and largest online forum, but I still won't cowtow to idiot demands. Not all their staff are head in the sand variety, but they do come off as elitist rather then understanding of other's positions

Definitely agree.

Or, you could run some sort of referrals competition for like a month for signed up users, referrals software should be available for IP Board, basically whoever brings in the most members via social media, passing links i.e my ref link would be something like this: thegtaplace.com/forums/ref/m3shys and when signed up through that link, you'd get a referral, there also could be an IP checking automated system (preventing multiple sign ups per user).

I know about the history of the site, and the stats, I know it used to be big in the 'old days' well 'much bigger and more active' kind of. I meant the time period of today - these months+. Not earlier.

If you know of TGTAP' history then why would you be a "new member" as such? Just because you may have read the site history and/or the about page does not exactly mean you "know" about the history of TGTAP as far as it's activity a few years ago. However, yes TGTAP used to be very active back in the day, and during the days of TGTAP running on IP.Board 2.3.6 with it's own custom skin and the Gangs system in operation and what not. We can only hope that things will pick up.

Correct, the site has over 300+ guests viewing, but most of those guests may be search engine crawlers. If they was all real people, at least 150+ of those should be logged in and posting.

I got a response from Waddy who is a major player at GTAForums, and a man of few words as well, he said that having me at GTAForums would only be a cause of more 'drama' when in fact my partner Mike aka PCguytech was the one complaining about 'drama' which is members having verbal fights and getting downright nasty with each other, and that's something we've railed against since day one. Despite hating Waddy at first, he describes himself as "tough but fair" His exact words, mind you, and he can be, but he basically decided not to deal with the injustice that was going on, and here I am because of that, he's part of that same group of staff that still exists, and I wouldn't say he's a bad member, but the problem is Tank, if he had any say at GTAForums, he doesn't step in and get this resolved properly.

Because of the large size of the forum, it's often an excuse to not deal, so I'll always take issue with that as a final word. If you're complaining about too many members in your forum, better realize the benefits quick. So, we're a bit downsized of course, but you can breath a bit easier here as well (as GTAC, which I helped found, and we templated a lot of what GTAF does right, since it's been around since GTA 3 in essence)

Your overall regard to GTAF is generally the same light a lot of others see the place in Black but this topic was a simple request(there are more dedicated topics on the subject made by Chris or some other mod if I remember)for an answer about TGTAPs activity, not a thread devoted to talking about your own aversion to GTAF comment after comment. 

Being banned ain't no fun, and the whole idea of GTA and gaming should be about fun, so why make things hard on fellow gamers?, try your best to see past differences, they'll always be there no matter what, so that said. I used XBox Live to contact good ole Waddy of GTAF and ask him about trying to reverse the decision, allow me to regain my old membership at that forum, I'd still come here, and I'd still help run GTAC, because I believe Rockstar are creating gaming experiences for the future, and it can only get better, my friends!!

Waddy messaged me to at least give me hope that I wouldn't be 'banned for life', and as we were trying to say in essence, most people join GTAForums because their name nearly implies they are some sort of official partner with Rockstar, which of course, is NOT the Case. If you're new to online gaming forums, remember that, they are not affiliated with Rockstar, only the Social Club is.

Edited by BlackListedB