Which system will you be getting GTA V on?

Sherman

21 members have voted

1. 1. What system are you planning on getting GTA V for?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3
    • I'm waiting on the PC version

Just trying to get a general idea of what system everyone will be getting the game for. We'll see how many members are on which systems for the crews and what not. List your name and what system (as well as the poll!)

I'll update the list as time goes on and everything.

Xbox 360

1. Sherman

2. MrLlamaLlama

3. KyleIce45

4. Rockstarrem

5. MishoM

6. BlackListedB

7. Chris

PS3

1. NotYouHaha

2. Bustago

3. Spartan 198

4. Blur

5. blnk182fan18

6. Chris

7. RmdVlad

PC

1. MrLlamaLlama

2. Spider-vice

3. Blur

4. Rockstarrem

5. Chris

I'm waiting for the PC version.

Didn't R* cancel the PC project for now? I know they haven't even started on development..

Where are all of the 360 people at? Looks like Llama and I will be alone :P

I've had it on pre-order a month after the pre-order was announced at GAME. :) Depending on whether R* finally decide to develop the PC version of V then I'll get it for PC as well as having it on Xbox.

Add me to the Xbox list Sherman.

Don't know if you're from Italy, or if that's just your flag. In America video games never sell out, its quite rare. New systems do on release, but an individual game almost never. Certainly not a PC game either, one that's just a rerelease / port.

Its why I've always found the concept of pre-ordering quite funny, its obviously for sales reports and just assuring people buy it from a certain location, but the "secure your copy" bit is nonsense. Just going to walk into a Best Buy or whatever on the 17th and buy an Xbox copy, like I've done with every other game.

I am interested in the Xbox One and PS4 situation. I don't even think they can get the regular 360 / PS3 games to work on those, I know the old systems used emulation, but surely its far more complicated and can't just be done on a very small single game level? (Though, the original Xbox 360 could played Halo and Halo 2 even without any backwards compatibility update, etc....).

I suppose it would be wise of Rockstar to rerelease the game with any extra content they later release in a single package for the new consoles. There seems to always be a dry spell, even a year into a system's life. A release around next holiday would allow them to cash in on many double-dippers.

I'd been on the fence based on my poor, miserable experience with GTA4 on PS3, however, downloading it completely to the HDD is very appealing, but I am comfortable with 360s now, and own a good number of them (all but one actually work though!) Owned three PS3s in all, I likely pawned that first flawed one, the replacement 60gig failed to boot, so it's dismantled as well, in storage.

I'm thinking to get the Xbox one first and PC third, once we know that's coming of course.

Games do sell out, I've seen this at Best Buy in the case of the Xbox360, whereas they have copies of a Rockstar game for PS3, with fewer systems at that time, and a higher entry fee.

PC games also have been in short supply thanks to low quantities kept in stock, I have seen this as the case for the PC version of Vice City and GTA 4

Edited by BlackListedB

I honestly just ticked all 3. PS3 is my main gaming system now so that's what I'll be playing on, but I'll probably end up getting it on 360 as well because there's still quite a few people on there I'd like to play online with.

And of course I'll get the PC version when it eventually comes out, just because it's awesome playing GTA on pc, with mods if I want.

• Like 1

I honestly just ticked all 3. PS3 is my main gaming system now so that's what I'll be playing on, but I'll probably end up getting it on 360 as well because there's still quite a few people on there I'd like to play online with.

And of course I'll get the PC version when it eventually comes out, just because it's awesome playing GTA on pc, with mods if I want.

Mods! Mods are being used! N000B. :P

I do hope R* get the PC version done shortly after. :/

Edited by KyleIce45

I'm getting for Xbox. Even if I could play it on PC, my friends would still be all on the 360. Apparently the game is getting here on the 19th (supposedly because of menus and subtitles in portuguese). I wonder if I can get a version in english before that. Probably not. And on top of that, there's a postal strike programmed to happen on september 17th.

Edited by Someguy42

I maybe struggling to make a buck and counting pennies even, but I will also buy a copy of GTA V for all my systems, PC when it comes is included in that assessment, I'd like to compare them objectively as well, in HD on my own Set using my known good performance connections, it's one thing to just believe a review online then it is to try and see it on your own setup.

I've had a rough go of GTA IV on both consoles and Episodes on PC was generally more challenging on my PC hardware then GTA IV for PC. I've stated that before, but if you think I'm off base, go right ahead and contradict, but I've seen it first hand and the hardware never lies! hahaha

• 2 weeks later...