GTA V PS3 Pre-Load Leaks (NO Spoilers)

Blur

So the digital pre-orders were available for pre-load on PSN the other night (it's now been pulled). And you all know how the rest of the story goes from here. People were able to extract files from the pre-loaded data revealing a whole wealth of stuff, including all the radio stations and songs in the game (reportedly up to 30 hours of music). We also have all the cutscene audio from the game leaked, Weasel news audio, and the main theme. The cutscenes evidently reveal massive, massive spoilers including the ending to the game.

My take on this is that Sony fucked up big time, yes the pre-load was supposed to happen, but not a month away from the game's release. WTF. Seriously what did they expect, this is one of the most rabid fan bases out there.

Not making the same mistake I made with Red Dead Redemption. This has made my hype drop and I'm weary of what I visit now. Do you think Rockstar will move up the release date? Not like it would change anything really, the damage has been done for the most part, now its only a matter of wading through all this mess in hopes that we don't get spoiled. (yeah right lol)

Brace yourselves people!

Full disclosure: because I am not privy to the latest on all of this, some of what I said may be incorrect, we will see in the next few hours what is real and what is fake. So in the meantime this is just what I have read from multiple sources (namely GTAforums).

Edit: Looks like some of the big media outlets are starting to pick this up. IGN has an article on their front page, with all the radio songs in

game. smh. Videos are being taken down on youtube now. Take-Two ninjas are going to have a busy couple weeks ahead of them.

Edited by Blur
  • Like 1

Which makes me wonder if this was a miscommunication error on Sonys part. Normally these pre-load things come a few days before the game comes out, because what is the point to cracking the data when I will have the game in 24 hours. So I think it is safe to say that the pre-load never should have gone live this early (Sonys error). And Rockstar could of done a better job of as you say scrambling the package.

• Like 1

I saw a report on assets that noted a lock key to be issued from Rockstar on release day. Still opting to go the digital download route has a distinct advantage of bypassing a faulty disc drive (BluRay aka BD drive), and that is my main console issue. I bought a 40Gig model from a Pawn Shop outlet store, and it's still working outside of the no-disc issue, which is somewhat amazing, I upgraded to a 100gig drive and keep the 40 as a spare.

Looking at Newswire, comments have noted a Music section under Rockstar Games/V

They will be making some official update. Rockstar and others less secretive always deal with unscrupolous gamers, as do we as well. What to do about them other then report them?

When GTA IV leaked to YT last time, with actual game play video, I felt it compelling enough to watch, but the people playing the game were as green as I'd ever seen, not even managing to keep a car upright for long! hahaha

Edited by BlackListedB

Sony apologizes for leaks.

Regrettably, some people who downloaded the digital pre-order of Grand Theft Auto V through the PlayStation Store in Europe were able to access certain GTA V assets. These assets were posted online. We have since removed the digital pre-order file from the PlayStation Store in Europe. We sincerely apologize to Rockstar and GTA fans across the world who were exposed to the spoiler content. GTA V is one of the most highly anticipated games of the year with a very passionate following, and we’re looking forward to a historic launch on September 17.

Via Playstation Blog

Despite the radio leaks and Rockstar's recent updates, Rock and Metal fans are still left wanting, and yes, I am among them, however, I have developed tastes, and even in the 70s I found pop music and adult contemporary that I liked. I appreciate JAZZ also being using in the GTA soundtrack, and jazz mixed with rock is known as Fusion, so that would be a nice addition as well