GTA Online Forum

Chris

A dedicated forum has been added for the discussion of GTA Online, since it is such a massive addition to GTA V. The forum can also be used for organising matches and inviting members to join your crews.

Some of you will probably be looking for other members to add to your friends list on Xbox 360 and PS3, if someone wants to set up a topic for people to post their gamertags and such in then one of the mods can pin it so we don't get loads of similar threads.

Discuss GTA Online

• Like 1

A dedicated forum has been added for the discussion of GTA Online, since it is such a massive addition to GTA V. The forum can also be used for organising matches and inviting members to join your crews.

Some of you will probably be looking for other members to add to your friends list on Xbox 360 and PS3, if someone wants to set up a topic for people to post their gamertags and such in then one of the mods can pin it so we don't get loads of similar threads.

Discuss GTA Online

Sweet. I'll probably start it up in a bit if someone doesn't beat me to it.

I'm leaning more to game online or with GTA V on my PS3 thanks to the digital download option and my Xbox360 is freezing up on Episodes from Liberty City the other day, annoyingly so, it seems like a hint to upgrade my console BEFORE GTA V arrives!?!?!

Noru, good to see you, we only did some marginal online stuff in the past, but it's good to team up on and offline, by that I mean on the Forums and in the game, so, If I'm on, hopefully you guys see me and I see you. I don't put a lot of stock in formulated teams since everyone gets on when they can, at different times in different zones!

• 4 weeks later...

Got the working replacement PS3 drive, now the only question is will it mate to my existing board, on both circuit boards, actually three in all, the number for the production series and vintage match, and all the connections are the same, so God willing! Aside from that, GTA Online is fast approaching, and perhaps my best chance to try it will be using my Playstation 3, but so far, as you may know, I don't have the game for PS3 because that drive was out of commission for so long. Either way though, I DID just buy GoTY version RDR and should include all the features, including the Sony mandated mission area I think is part of the online session experience. A good way to make sure it all works before investing $60 odd buck in GTA V again

Back to Rockstar's updates and work on fixing GTAO, the ONLINE experience has most all users who post on Newswire going semi-ballistic. Again I had to post a thought about the work behind all this and not to expect the best online experience that's this complex and large to work without any hitches. People are claiming it's getting worse, some after having the update, or it worked for them before the update, so it's really hard to pin point much of any successes, but what's disturbing is a large body of posts attributed to losing all the character saved attributes in some sessions if not all, and basically have to start over, my point to them is you'll often play a game over again, it's a standard practice with something you do to entertain yourself, it's not like some one time event contest that you HAVE to win, like sports, it's only a game people! CALM the F DOWN! 

Anyway, what do you guys think? Is this really cause to go and sell your GTA V game? A few say it actually is! I've not seen any used copies in the store yet, but if it's all coming down to GTAO working RIGHT NOW and it doesn't.... There maybe an influx of people opting out of GTA V ownership. Patience they lack completely, this will be resolved, bottom line

Edited by BlackListedB

Just to point everyone to Newswire's latest message update, the losing of character profiles is exasperating for just about all people commenting on Rockstar's page, but they're making sure this is remedied at the moment, and with hopes of further refinement as well.... Keep the Faith.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51547/new-title-update-to-address-gta-online-game-progress-loss-and-ot.html/#comments