Need help on stock trading? hints, guides, real economist lessons, anything at all

surrealistic ArtSweet

i've been out of the forums for too long

anyway, i can't resist picking up gta v days ago, and the world is insanely massive and complex, really enjoyable and puts my work stress out of my head

but when i stumbled upon stock trading, i can't help but feel like a failure for not listening to my teachers back then, and i work in a completely different area

can i get business lessons from you guys? guides on what to buy and how to read the charts? if any of you are willing, because i've seen youtube, and i don't understand anything rather than just take advices from Lester

i've been out of the forums for too long

anyway, i can't resist picking up gta v days ago, and the world is insanely massive and complex, really enjoyable and puts my work stress out of my head

but when i stumbled upon stock trading, i can't help but feel like a failure for not listening to my teachers back then, and i work in a completely different area

can i get business lessons from you guys? guides on what to buy and how to read the charts? if any of you are willing, because i've seen youtube, and i don't understand anything rather than just take advices from Lester

Ha, I'm not anymore knowledgeable when it comes to stocks, probably less since I've haven't seen any videos, but from what I understand the simple way to make lots of money from the stocks in the game, is to take advantage of the Lester missions. For his assassination missions, invest in the company that is the competitor of the guy you are taking out. So if you were killing the CEO of Cluckin' Bell you should invest in Burger Shot stocks. Then you would sell of the stocks when they peak. I'm going to give it a try on my next playthrough.

• 2 weeks later...

I took out a Grouppe sechs (sp?) armored van, unaware of the stocks etc as I was so new into the game. A little later, stocks opened and their stocks were WAY down. I bought into them since they were at a near all-time low. I waited a few days, it went lower. a few days later.. profit. I didn't make a ton of money, but I made a profit of about.. 1500. Hope this helps someone out a little!

You missed those late night infomercials, apparently.... Offering a easy computerized program for charting stocks highs and lows, but often you want to pick something for the long term, just like your retirement nest egg. In GTA, that might not be quite as important as scoring a lucrative short term financial windfall, but it seems to me if you get stock, as I just did today, helping a guy out in the rich area of town, then it's safe as long as you don't try and redeem it, as going the hospital takes a sizable amount of cash from your savings, Look at an available ATM to see what charges you're getting, it does tend to vary, I'm not sure of criteria Rockstar use to determine amount billed, if it's really dependent on how much damage you incurred, likely you'd normally be dead though, in most cases! HAHAHA.

As far as getting awarded stocks, I've not been on the stock exchange in-game as I'm still just getting comfortable with the control scheme, I'm finding it somewhat difficult since in GTA IV I opted for CLASSIC using buttons for brake and accelerate, and I think one of the L or R triggers was emergency brake, anyway, it's hard to get comfortable to a new layout for commands, why I probably prefer console to PC gaming overall

Edited by BlackListedB