MIA; Missing in Action

BlackListedB

Of course road strip spikes is a near exclusive to Vice City that's not returned as a fan-favorite, but what other aspects about GTA V you feel got neglected or should become staples of the series?

I recall discussion about getting in and out of locations previously by switching to an outfit of distinction, or special vehicle that allowed gates to open, I was seeing electric gates are still a big part of GTA, including this one, and we mention getting into restricted areas. Why not by using capabilities as before with a police or army outfit, this is part of the fun we had in RDR as well, but without Multiplayer XP, you usually got the good stuff at the VERY end of the game! It didn't come in as handy as it did in Multiplayer, suffice to say.

Another thing I hope returns is metal detectors for weapon storing so you can outfit yourself with a different round of weapons in selective slots, they do away with this somewhat with ability to keep weapons but only have ammo confiscated.

When I first found out there would be a military base and a prison in V, I thought for sure there would be some "intentional" method to allow us to access it...either "legally", or by deception. I'm a bit disappointed to see that the only time the storyline puts us inside the military base is through the old "smash-and-grab" technique. And the prison? Well hell, they didn't use that at all. Unless it's used in GTAO, which I haven't tried yet. When I first heard about Brad being in prison, I thought ooh, an old-fashioned prison break.

Never came to fruition.

But the lack of using these painstakingly-built structures is a whole other issue.

I never used the metal detectors for that purpose, but I get the idea. I haven't had any issue with losing weapons or ammo... any mission that removes my personal arsenal always seems to give it all back one way or another. Aside from that, I always save before doing *anything*, so if I do or get busted (never been busted yet), I would just reload the save.

And never really liked the idea of the game giving us the cool toys when we no longer need them. :(

If we're on the subject of old Vice City throwbacks, I would've loved to have seen some more RC toys. :)

Yes, prisons and military bases should be more then just Restricted Zones, I found on one mission I could go around the airport without the mega wanted star level coming on, and I can't recall if this was a Mission-Mission or not to be honest, but it pays to try some things out, at the LSIA for example, you can climp up to where the flight instruction entrance is, to the right of the main gate and then you're high enough to just jump over the security fence! NICE, eh?! It's an easy way in if you can't budge a gate. I really like the exploding gas, you can shoot these stored on location and cause some rather massive game explosions, this is handy for blowing down gates and gaining access to some locations as well.

On that note, the 'jerry can' is a gas can used to lay down a liquid flammable trail in the game, but where as this is a new feature, and may become a standard method, you don't find matches, per se, do you? I wasn't sure how to start or 'ignite' it, rather, then try striking a blow to the ground with the car jack (doesn't work, BTW) or just shooting the trail to start it igniting, which DOES work.

Only problem I found, the flame went out! I had to re-ignite it!

Also, seen the flammable fire work first with a badly damaged motorcycle, driving cross country, on it's last legs, it was spilling it's own gas and ignited because of sparks on uneven terrain. That's a terrific new effect for GTA if it happened more often. Cars seemingly explode by random cause, have you noticed this?! It's not too helpful in developing an avoidance technique

Edited by BlackListedB

I've knabbed the semi-bulletproof police vans if that's what you mean, but I've still seen no evidence of police spike strips, I think you maybe confusing their expert marksmanship at shooting out tires, since only one or two go at a time, spike strips took out all four tires in most cases where you were not able to avoid them

I've knabbed the semi-bulletproof police vans if that's what you mean, but I've still seen no evidence of police spike strips, I think you maybe confusing their expert marksmanship at shooting out tires, since only one or two go at a time, spike strips took out all four tires in most cases where you were not able to avoid them

No, I'm not confusing anything. They're even used prominently in one version of a heist by the protagonists.

I've completed the story twice, so I'm miles ahead of an old geezer like you. :bleh: Or I just have too much free time on my hands. One of the two. :hurrhurr:

Anyhow, here's the mission where they're used. It's early on at 2:06, so it shouldn't be too much of a spoiler unless you watch the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGNxbORtFB4

I don't think being an old geezer has anything to do with how I play the game, but mind you I really was most curious about the traditional GTA elements, then I could hold off enjoying it some as I was just getting my Playstation 3 back in working order with a new BD drive, didn't even know if it would work, so you can imagine I was really elated about that but I had to try out Uncharted 3, bought it without a working system in wait for a replacement console,. so I have been enjoying that after GTA game out

I don't think being an old geezer has anything to do with how I play the game

I would have thought the flickering tongue emoticon would have conveyed that I was only jesting. There was no offense intended. I'm 30, so I'm not exactly a young kid either. ;)

I don't take that personally, but you know most of the staff I butted heads with at GTAForums are half my age, and they joined after I did, which is the real shame!

Anyway, I didn't respond with any true anger either

I just ran into some out in the country side near the military fort. I tried to steal a Barracks (the big 6 wheeled people hauler, I guess that's what it is still called) and they brought out the strips on me.

• 1 month later...

Bulletproof tires are the single best investment, I see spikestrips all the time, something to do

w/ hitting armored tends to annoy the LSPD so I have gotten used to seeing them. 

There's no "export" list, I liked those.

Another MIA is having multiple safehouses in SP or online (aside from each character's separate

garage in SP).  It would be nice to have a couple extra places to stash usable vehicles.

When you lost your tires in Vice City, your car swerved ALL over the place, in GTA V I've been able to maintain control in a straight line when one or more wheels starts to go.

But try making quick turns and see what happens. ;)

Another MIA is having multiple safehouses in SP or online (aside from each character's separate

garage in SP).  It would be nice to have a couple extra places to stash usable vehicles.

Yeah, I really expected this feature to return with how big they touted the map as being.

I really like stealing the bullet proof vans and going after bounties with the spike strip deploying police cargo vans. They sit dormant after everyone's respawned in a lot of cases. I know you can pay for this on any car, or truck, but it's free for all!

Did a handful of missions outside of freeroaming the standard map, get calls adding features, for those who didn't know, you get a call from Lester that adds vehicle placement if called upon, (and cash presented??) as well, armored cars he advises you of, before that though, didn't see any. Also, don't have sticky bombs yet.... Still under 20 on the points side. I had two bounties on my head with only me in the session, I think this awards you an Xbox Achievement and perhaps a Trophy in PSN as well?

Edited by BlackListedB