Which Processor Company is the best?

Hit_Em_Up

Which Processor Company is the best?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Processor Company is the best?

• AMD
    • INTEL
    • OTHER

133Mhz? My first comp was state of the art in 97, 500Mhz AMD Athlon, 16Megabyte video card(SD11) , 20 gig hard drive, 128 Megs of RAM, and I still have the original keyboard that came with it(Im using it right now, I dont like it because it is so loud when I type and my parents hear it at 3 in the morning and come running in telling me to turn off my pc). Almost forgot about the good old days when DirectX4.0 and below was out and you had to download the first version of the shockwave player to play any games on the internet. I have had cable internet ever since it became available in my area in 97.

OH YEAH: TO ALL ADAMINS/MODERATORS!!!: Is it okay if I open up a poll that asks what you CPU speed is? PM me with an answer, if you say no then i wont do it. Ill wait till an admin PMs me before I make the poll so as to not get a warning telling me that I am under an "unfortunate suspicion of being a spamer"(Xenon still hasnt told me why he thought I was a spammer... wtf? At least Spaz replied after I asked him why I was thought of as a spammer. <_< ).

Edited by Hit_Em_Up

OH YEAH: TO ALL ADAMINS/MODERATORS!!!:  Is it okay if I open up a poll that asks what you CPU speed is?  PM me with an answer, if you say no then i wont do it.  Ill wait till an admin PMs me before I make the poll so as to not get a warning telling me that I am under an "unfortunate suspicion of being a spamer"(Xenon still hasnt told me why he thought I was a spammer... wtf?  At least Spaz replied after I asked him why I was thought of as a spammer.  <_< ).

As long as there isn't already a topic like that it should be fine.

I'm running a slower AMD Athlon 64-bit processor. The 2800+. It does fine for me, though. Infact, I love it. I'd like a 3800+ though, I think that's the highest one my fan will support. Then I need a new fan.

Spaz, you say you have a 64 bit CPU, but do you have a 64bit OS to go with? Would make all the difference...

Yes, that would make a difference. They haven't released a 64-bit OS that interests me yet. I'd get a Linux 64-bit OS, considering my computer is way faster running Linux ANYWAYS. I don't feel like doing that, though.

Anyway Bus Speed is what makes a CPU fast not the GHZ(even though it does help).

Most Intels I've seen had 800. My CPU has 1600. What, bitches!?

overheating is good...

okay no its not. If CPUs didnt overheat, there wouldnt be any arkward heatsinks or noisy CPU fans. Maybe even the PSU would only supply power.

I think i'll invent a cool CPU

You want to see a massive heatsink? Um, well, you'll have to wait. I can't remember the site.

LMFAO at those cooling stuffs. Having that, just wow.

I have an Intel Pentium 2.4 (don't laugh) but like AMD way more, now that the faster chips dont overheat and blow up, like my previous AMD chip which almost blew up.