Next gta in london!?!

J-Dawg

ok the first gta had liberty city,vice city,and san andreas right and in that order so what was the next gta LONDON so that is why i think the next gta will be london so does anyone agree with me? post why or why not

I think London is a logical choice, without doing any unknown on obscure cities. But bear in mind that R* are changing the format of the game after the GTAIII trilogy, and San Andreas was a state not a city.

Sizewise, London is too small (unless they did it lifesize instead of just making the mini cities you see), and i dont think they'd do the UK. It wont be all the way round the world either, nor will it be a continent. With SAs lack of loading screens, one large area is more likely thn several separate cities.

This topic should be parts of the city topic, not its own topic, but london is a strong contender so i'll let it stay.

London would be way to small to have as a whole game, you would literally have to do the entire city and outskirts etc.

What I think: It will be rather like San Andreas, a state, but have different areas, London being one, with a further 3 areas, each city of GTA2.

Then thats all the GTA 2D to 3D conversions done and dusted.

London would be way to small to have as a whole game, you would literally have to do the entire city and outskirts etc.

What I think: It will be rather like San Andreas, a state, but have different areas, London being one, with a further 3 areas, each city of GTA2.

in gta2's city you mean the city big smoke right (yes the city in gta2 called is big smoke lol)

I dont think the next GTA will be in London because There is already a GTA type game that takes place in London, its called The Getaway, and if Rockstar did London they would kind of be copying Team Soho(Makers of The Getaway). But Team Soho kind of coppied Rockstar for making a GTA type game..

Whoa, I just confused myself. I think it would be kind of cool if the next GTA was in London, but Ive already played a game that takes place in London...

I hope it doesnt take place in London, or anywhere else in the world except America. America has everything. Hopefully it will take place in a city in Louisiana so that way you can swim in the swamps and get your unit bitten off by 'gators. And it would be kind of scary during the night because you dont know whats around the corner.....

london isnt too small, look at the getaway its based on london and its a great and addiquatly sized game. Also none of the games are exact replicas of the cities they all had bits added so theres no problem to compensate for things if they base it on london.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont think london should be it sincec there was that that GTA London 69 or w/e plus it would to similar to The Getaway which is set in England london.

I wouldnt mind them setting all the previous games together like a Huge Liberty - VS - SA game set in the yr 2000... Plus GTA would just feel wierd being set in another crountry apart from america. how would the story line continue sincee GTA3 - VC and SA were all connected in someway.

GTAIII, VC and SA were all connected because they were all part of the same trilogy. They held similar interconnected storylines, of an underdog working his way to the top, killing everyone on the way, and they all used modified versions of the same GTAIII game engine. Notice how each of the games looked the same? Notice how all the missions were the same (street racing for example), just improved in the later games?

That trilogy has finished. GTA 4 will be a completely different game, with different objects and aspects. It will be made for entirely different hardware, hopefully both the PS3 and future PC hardware. This does open the door for presumably much larger cities, and the massive disk space availablity shows that they must be planning to do something spectacular.

Its likely that the game will be only a couple of times the size of San Andreas. This time we're not looking at game engine improvements, we're looking at a new engine, a completely different game made by the same people with loosely the same theme. The North American locations are no longer tied.

I think London is a logical choice, without doing any unknown on obscure cities. But bear in mind that R* are changing the format of the game after the GTAIII trilogy, and San Andreas was a state not a city.

Sizewise, London is too small (unless they did it lifesize instead of just making the mini cities you see), and i dont think they'd do the UK. It wont be all the way round the world either, nor will it be a continent. With SAs lack of loading screens, one large area is more likely thn several separate cities.

This topic should be parts of the city topic, not its own topic, but london is a strong contender so i'll let it stay.

yes but the san andreas state isnt big liek a real fuckin state, i live in sardinia and the main city here is bigger than san andreas.

Yea if they made a real sized city, including suburbs, CBD, inner city, spring line villages and whatnot, a city could fill SA easily. Those of you familiar with british countryside villages, those could easily fill up a massive map:

village.jpg

A big city, suburbs, villages and a 2nd town. Thats what we're trying to do for GTA London, and thats what R* should do with GTA4

Personally, I don't think there's a pattern/order of which city comes when in the GTA series. It is probably all randomly chosen by R*. All the clues/reference from past GTA games are just to make us wonder and speculate what we think would come. So, it could be anywhere. But one thing's for sure, it won't be set in the North Pole.