Boot without a HDD to XP

BlackListedB

Been playing with my Hiren emergency utility ISO to CD burn all of yesterday, it offers mainly a boot to MS DOS and mini XP, which we know is hot topic again because it's reached the end of support life cycle, but small OS and need for such things will continue to be a real factor, as is some sort of OS for older machines, and in business the need for OS or XP in this case, prompted Microsoft to work on some Industry solution to perhaps even expand XP support for some companies' licensing. I don't think a clear agenda for this has been provided yet... but let's hear your thoughts on micro OS use, and running on older gear?

Has anyone figured out how to get an audio driver working for miniXP, it keeps it's virtual space lean and mean by providing only minimal drivers. My tests included running Portable apps for Photoshop and VideoLAN aka VLC player. There's also Wimpy FLV and SoThink Player that you can just add to any file or desktop and start using. I tried to use XnView but it was missing a file I assume might be part of the full Windows install DLL library (Dynamic Link Library are common 'go to' subroutine programming files)

ADD: Here's a Google link with various info on the disc I refer to, and associated topics, I am still yet to get a booting USB dongle going, but CD Recording almost seems like a dead art these days, but I found a deal on unused media and this disc is by far one of the most useful things you can burn to a CD and not need a DVD burner

[My Broadwell Intel search was for what might come out in that regard, in the final months of this year]

https://www.google.com/search?q=laptops+usin+Broadwell&oq=laptops+usin+Broadwell&aqs=chrome..69i57.8768j0j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=mini+XP+boot+from+CD