Your Future with XP OS

BlackListedB

Lets get right to the meat and potatoes in this thread, with MS support ending in days, XP will be wholly updated by third party companies, if used ONLINE, or with any new hardware or software you're bound to have issues. For established software and hardware basis, I believe, like Windows 9x, there will be uses still available for decades to come, though increasingly archaic I'm sure!

Vintage game software, MAME emulation for example, and old titles will still need things like MS DOS and Windows 95 and 98 to run, if not in Emulation mode aka Compatibility mode of Windows itself.

How do you see yourself comping with the newly released from corporate ownership XP?

I just mentioned playing around with miniXP booting from a live source, no power, no more OS, but it's like Damn Tiny Linux as well! To have a gluten free OS you can't rely on the modern coded Operating Systems, they take up nearly 20GB of your HDD space! I should know, I ran into this exact issue!!

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2012/02/20/microsoft-extends-support-for-windows-xp-and-vista/

• 1 year later...
Guest MarlenesFutureDad

Lets get right to the meat and potatoes in this thread, with MS support ending in days, XP will be wholly updated by third party companies, if used ONLINE, or with any new hardware or software you're bound to have issues. For established software and hardware basis, I believe, like Windows 9x, there will be uses still available for decades to come, though increasingly archaic I'm sure!

Vintage game software, MAME emulation for example, and old titles will still need things like MS DOS and Windows 95 and 98 to run, if not in Emulation mode aka Compatibility mode of Windows itself.

How do you see yourself comping with the newly released from corporate ownership XP?

I just mentioned playing around with miniXP booting from a live source, no power, no more OS, but it's like Damn Tiny Linux as well! To have a gluten free OS you can't rely on the modern coded Operating Systems, they take up nearly 20GB of your HDD space! I should know, I ran into this exact issue!!

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2012/02/20/microsoft-extends-support-for-windows-xp-and-vista/

I'll continue to use Windows XP for as long as I can but I will become a full-time Google Chromebook user by the end of the year. Mainly, I use the computer to look at YouTube, watch people play video games on Twitch.tv, look at information on Wikipedia, check up on my e-mail and follow the my favorite sports teams through Google. For the past seven years, Windows XP has been a godsend but I believe that Microsoft Windows is a dying operating system and that Microsoft will go bankrupt by the year 2020.

I hear that Windows 10 is gathering steam among the game developers and the younger geeks but I feel that Windows 95/98/XP were the good old days of Microsoft Windows. Anything after that is just a reason to cash in on the Microsoft Windows franchise and maximize the profits of the Microsoft corporation.

When Microsoft goes bankrupt, everyone will have to become Google Chromebook users.