side characters

In all the games you meet interesting people to work for and befriend (or become enemies with). You know that in the new gta game for psp you play Toni Cipriani, a guy you worked for in gta3. If you could pick any side character from a former gta game to make as your main character in a new gta game who would it be? I have a couple.. One would be Woozie, just because it would be interesting to play a blind guy. Or I would pick Caesar or 8 Ball.

Edited by rosenberg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as you may know Grand Theft auto games arent played in first person mode. Well.. i mean it is first person but its not like youre seeing right out of their eyes, your view is from behind your character so YOU would still be able to see. Plus if you remember Woozie isnt just any blind guy. He raced cars and had impeccable aim with his shooting. He was blessed with extremely good fortune as they say. c'mon use your imagination.

Well as you may know Grand Theft auto games arent played in first person mode.  Well.. i mean it is first person but its not like youre seeing right out of their eyes, your view is from behind your character so YOU would still be able to see.  Plus if you remember Woozie isnt just any blind guy.  He raced cars and had impeccable aim with his shooting.  He was blessed with extremely good fortune as they say.  c'mon use your imagination.

Ugh.... The point is, if you can see where you are going it kills the effect of YOUR CHARACTER being BLIND. Woozie can "do" all that stuff because he has incredible sense. Sort of like Daredevil I guess? You can implement that into GTA because it would ruin the game.

c'mon use your imagination.

Use my imagination? YOU use your imagination. You're recycling characters to be main characters. Not very imaginative. On top of that, you're ruining the whole greatness behind an awesome character. Alot of people can do what Woozie can do, but no blind person has such accuracy and skill.

Use my imagination? YOU use your imagination. You're recycling characters to be main characters. Not very imaginative.

I simply asked if you had the choice to bring one side character back to use in a game who would it be. This is a perfect example of someone taking a hypathetical question way too seriously. Also, if using a former side character as a new main character is using no imagination then i guess rockstar games has no imagination because thats exactly wht they are doing in LCS.

No. You aren't getting me. You are telling me I have no imagination, but yet YOU are making a topic about recycling characters. All I'm doing is pointing out what you're doing. I'm not taking anything way too seriously. What I'm doing is telling you using Woozie as the main character wouldn't work.

Well thats totally fine. You make valid points. But the idea of this topic was to state who you personally would pick, not to tell others why there pick would'nt work. It was simple off the wall question that i thought would be fun to ask. And i did not say you have no imagination.... my exact words were "use youre imagination." If i'm telling to use something it means that you already have it youre just not using it.

:bashhead::bashhead: 8 ball would be cool and stuff i guess but id pick salvatore but the young him before he was the don but thats not the case so id pick lance vance or sonny foreli before tommy came to vice city :bashhead::cry::cry: owwwwww that hurt oooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww :cry: but yeah lance or sunny :gappy:

Kent Paul is just such a hilarious spakker. I would love to see him ingame yet again. Shame we're not likely to, with the GTAIII trilogy now over :(

I also like kent paul but i think he would be bad for a lead character as he can be a bit of a pussy. Aa for my choice I would have to say Cesar, he would be perfect for one. Also I think they could have used Mick luigi's bodygaurd for the lead role instead of Cipriani because he's less established, so he would be more suited to the classic GTA structure of start at the bottom finish at the top.

• 2 months later...

If I could play as a Side character I would choose luigie or sonny ferelli i'm sure those Two would have good storylines and good backgrounds. The missions would be Amazing as well. If You was luigie You could work for Salvatore leone and if You was sonny You could work for money like tommy did.

Yeah, but I think two games playing as Tommy is a bit much really, perhaps play as Phil Cassidy.

yeah but playing as phil cassidy would suck becuase of his are shortage. they'd have to go back to the 80's and that time era was what i hated about VC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

hmmmm....... phil the one armed bandit from gta3 wud be cool. although u cudnt shoot double weapons...... wait i just thought about sumthin. phil the one armed bandit was in vice city. i just realized that! phil casidy got his arm blown off with tommy wen he was drunk in vice city. and he always loved the military. so 20 years later he joined the liberty city military! u think thats wut happend?

man. looking at Toni Cipriani in gtaIII and comparing to lcs, he lost alot of weight.