Last Of Us Hands on review/report

BlackListedB

Naughty Dog fanatics, I join your ranks with Last Of Us, but still no Vita and portable version of Uncharted, rumored a PS4 version of Uncharted is deff in the works. I got Last Of Us as a B-day gift I picked out myself, and I do plan to play it soon, here, but I got plenty of updates for both consoles to do. I bought a black, late 2009 model Xbox360 for $15 from the local pawnshop almost a week back, came with a disappointing 20GB HDD again, of which I already have four taken from my previous RRoD units! HAHAHA

This one had GTA 5 started on, Saints Row and other sporting games, nothing too notable, ton of Rap and Hip Hop music I deleted to make more room, however, I'm always playing with the idea to use the HDDs for laptops instead.

Last Of Us is sci-fy horror based on a real scenario as I understand it, the science in it being possible, but unlikely, zombies and mutants being a future threat is the last of my worries, in actuality. This game only recently started showing up 'used' here, though often at auction or elsewhere online, it's never been marked down or on sale other then $10 off at Target stores Stateside that I know of.

Lets' get some current and past opinions on how this game fares from beginning to living with it for some time. Again, seems more GTA 5 copies out in the used market, as well as other specific console titles then this one has been.

Edited by BlackListedB

Loved, loved The Last of Us. Maybe my favorite game last gen actually. Kept going back between it and GTA V for my game of the year last year so thats how highly I think of it. Great story, characters, graphics and gameplay. One of the things that the game does so well is the combat. The weapons and your movement have a sense of weight to it which I love, and it goes well with the mood of the story. The melee and gunplay is the best I've ever played in a game before. It has just the right amount of gore so its not too little or too overboard and a good variety of weapons and locations.

I haven't played the dlc though which is something I really need to get around too doing.

Uncharted 4 is to be geared again to exploit PS4 exclusively, I use rumor because it's not talked about in depth, I feel keeping the game specifics off the table help maintain a full enjoyment once you get the game in hand. We never want to know too much about GTA before it's coming to market, but sometimes can't help it. 

The funny thing in Naughty Dog's PS3 focus, is that even though they work closely with Sony to make the games, they came out and said that the reasons THEY thought Uncharted couldn't work on Xbox was lack of BluRay. GTA and Rockstar kept pushing the thought of capabilities, makes one wonder at least. I'm not too happy that Xbox does manage 1080P better then any PS3 game, given it's HDMI and BD long before Microsoft came to their senses! haha

Uncharted 4 is to be geared again to exploit PS4 exclusively, I use rumor because it's not talked about in depth, I feel keeping the game specifics off the table help maintain a full enjoyment once you get the game in hand. We never want to know too much about GTA before it's coming to market, but sometimes can't help it. 

Not trying to be rude, but you're using it wrong. Uncharted 4 is in development, this is a fact established by ND. Not being "talked about in depth" doesn't make it a rumor.

• 2 weeks later...

Uncharted 4 was not talked about in depth at the time I was looking into it, be it dated as it maybe. That's what I imply, I've not been on top of recent gaming news because I'm involved with computers and laptops offline the past number of months. Doing refurb projects, not to mention I took in for repair THREE large screen TVs!

I found info I actually probably missed due to my self imposed gaming exile after all that GTAO cheating broke out at the first of the year, but paying for XBL ever since.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/05/uncharted-ps4-writer-amy-hennig-leaves-naughty-dog

Would have posted news bulletins at GTAChronicles, but the site is not renewing ownership this month, I think either a cash emergency sprung up or some payment SNAFU happened, as I stated I wasn't paying for the site upkeep, but both Me, Mike (PCGuyTech-2005 of GTAForums), and Trip Mills, also of GTAF, we began the GTAC site odyssey over 3 years ago, I'd hoped to keep the site online longer then GTAForums if need be, or at least prove all the skeptics wrong, but the site was not taking off after numerous crashing and I think people were just wanting something with constant activity, but you can't always get what you want... Even me.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/uncharted-4-director-amy-hennig-joins-viscerals-star-wars-project

What this relates to Last Of Us is, not directly, but not long ago an interview with Amy appeared in Game Pro magazine Stateside, we find out if not familiar, she has a long career in modern gaming's history and I'm sure the Naughty Dog staff appreciated working with her and she became the spokeswoman for Uncharted many times. I think the driving creative spark will continue wherever she goes, but it is still a shock that she left Naughty Dog, perhaps the prospect of STAR WARS was too great to pass up?!?

Edited by BlackListedB