What exactly happened?

I have to add to the quote off the first page, forgive my double post, but people not coming to some forum because I'm there is just unwarranted on their part, as I said, I never single people out to get them to feel unwanted, why are they in the right if they do that, no matter it be me or you or anyone else?!?!

Fact is, I'm a mature gamer, mistakes I make I can readily admit to, and people not posting because of me have their own issues. I post a lot because that's how I think a forum should work, as most of you lament the lack of participation, so do I. You need not agree with my feelings to partake in a forum, all discussions for topics that fit within reason are welcome, GTAC's mission statement was precisely to point things like this out, we wanted there to be no feelings of ill-will or being made to feel ostracized 

Considering how defensive you've become over some people not being interested in what you have to say, I think you fear rejection a whole lot more than you actually are subject to being rejected. You're false in assuming people avoid your posts to single you out, and even more false in thinking people can't choose to avoid you. 

I reject the notion I'm wrong without facts, or in partiality, correct. I also object to people calling me 'creepy' which they've done, at GTAForums in particular. It comes across as not liking people so you poll for a ban on them participating in a forum where all walks of life SHOULD be represented. I present the absolute truth to the best of my ability, but I am human, I also make mistakes. You and everyone else in the room and the World are privy to error. Yes, I'm lonely a lot of the time, my friends all have let life get in the way... of fun!!

I'm blamed for lack of multiple users active posting, or not in so many words, I'd stay away from 4Chan on what I'd heard about it. I'm not a Jerry Springer Reject, as I was also called. I'm a loner in many ways because of asbergers I suppose. Also I'm an introvert in a public social setting. I use Twitter and Facebook but I don't like them as much as standard forums, but I learned to ween my participation from the earliest days, where I spent hours online at a forum like GTA or in Usenet tech chats, BCRich Handmade Forums, circa 2002

Edited by BlackListedB
  • Like 2

Rejecting the notion that people can choose to avoid you is delusional. I'll explain it for you though.

People don't avoid your posts to single you out, and believing that invalidates others' feelings, making it about yourself(I hope you recognize the individualistic standpoint I'm expressing).Your lack of succinctness and one-sided speech makes people avoid your posts.. You have trouble gaining peoples' interest, but asberger's does not define you Black. It defines how the wires work in you.

• Like 1

Don't feel so bad dude, you're not alone with that one, for one thing. I know of friends who have Aspergers or some other form of autism, so I do feel you in that regard.

People tend to condescend and mock at those in the spectrum, and that's mostly because they don't know how it feels like, along with the fact that the mainstream media sometimes portray them in a rather unfavourable light, I'm afraid.

• Like 2

I never thought of it from your perspective Slam. i'm sorry people have been such cunts to you in the past...but we barely know one another you and I, and if we get new members somehow, it's a different audience who won't look at you for your past but for what you offer in your life experience. Don't feel so down you old bastard, I don't hate ya. It's not your fault people don't post. I'm trying to post more tho..I've got some time on my hands. :) Keep your head up.

• Like 2

I agree with you. I do. It's just the same problem rears it's ugly face - the lack of diversity here. We need more posters. Props to the dude who keeps this site up btw...even if it's not active. 

Diversity is all we should hope for, I add things that I think tie into at least my idea of entertainment, if not related in some ways to Rockstar, GTA, or gaming as a whole.

I wore out my welcome it seems on a number of older forums I'd joined, but keep in mind, the most vocal of ALL PARTICIPANTS will ALWAYS be those who object loudest. You never, or rarely hear from people saying things are going along great, and they have no qualms.

It would help me and others to have some better online communication so that things aren't as easily misconstrued. However, what I abhor is people being mean because that's how they operate. They should have learned better when they were raised to treat people the way YOU yourself want to be treated. Keep in mind what you like in terms of others' appreciation and how they relate to you and endeavor to do the same.

@Nate10, I figured we'd got off on the right foot here early on, but you seem to be bothered more then a bit by me at this stage. I probably asked you to join me on the gaming online segment (PSN, XBL) but I don't see you there now. The thing you seem to suggest is just posting frequently that it's hard to avoid my posts, well, I can avoid reading anything I don't share interest in, I suppose curiousity MIGHT get the better of you, but I put things in that may or may not get a reply because I don't expect the success we once had, and the amazing amount of replies one gets at GTAForums, that just won't happen anywhere else other then YouTube or Facebook, Twitter is still pretty active too, I think most people do prefer Facebook over all the other social networks. What I hate is all the damn email updates from both! 

They flood my in-box! hahaha

Edited by BlackListedB
  • Like 2

I'm sure some are mean on GTAF and didn't understand you or plain didn't like you but you often seem to feel attacked when you're not. For example, from my last post, you've gathered that I think it's hard to avoid your posts? Funky inductive reasoning can lead to false thoughts like that but don't you see how it supports what I'm saying? You talk about people being mean and mistreating you but in this case all that's happened is you've misread someone, because I'm not bothered by you. No one here is ostracizing you. 

• Like 2

Oh, I think I know what an attack on my posted thoughts and principles is, I'm now over 45 and I learned the hard way in the 1970s and 1980s what bullying is, it's a problem whether on GTAForums, Social Networking or in the real world group of people. I might not have perfect 'antenna', but I know what I see between the other people's posts and how people have related to me.

Just look back over my posts on record at GTAForums, they're still there. Most of the people who I would call haters are haters.

They can't accept difference of opinion because I was warned to shape my participation there within some confine of their ideals. That I just cannot abide. It DID NOT break any real forum rules, and the forum rules I did break were when I first joined up, listing fall 2003 on record. I did multiple things wrong, and that all adds up over the years, because GTAForums holds you accountable for ALL mistakes you make. It's on permanant record. Just look again at the stats, it's there in black and white.

That said, it's far less mentally stressful here and in other forums, so that's an encouraging thing in terms of promoting why it's better here and elsewhere. The large diverse numbers of ACTIVE members is the main thing GTAF has going for it, but the bad apples leave SUCH a BAD taste in your mouth, it's all that weighs on my mind at the end of the day.

Oh, and Nate, I mean avoiding my posts by virtue of me being the most active, but again, a forum I operate in like I did with three people devising GTAChronicles from it's very origin, a template with all the good value of GTAForums without the mindgames.

The favorite sections I've tried to revive which seems like theft of digital idea perhaps, but it allows everyone who's willing to abide, play by fair rules, use a gaming forum for things that are plain entertaining...not to mention, INFORMATIVE!

Edited by BlackListedB

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to make a GTAF account last night but it wouldn't let me...

I agree though. I wish people would post. Doesn't mean they will. I have been inactive for years. Life gets in the way. Sometimes you don't need a forum. I've been here since I was 11 - I'm 20 now. It was different then lol.

I haven't posted much here either, most especially as there isn't much activity going on around here compared to GTAForums and the like. I'd definitely be overjoyed if at least some of the old guys here would make a comeback. :)

I can get the email PW part of GTAForums, but I snuck on twice before, and it's not something they really take lightly. You have to get a legitimate staff assist, and I did once I was unbanned originally thanks to Waddy, Yep, that Waddy... Tim Waddington. He's contacted me both at GTAChronicles and Xbox Live and we're still on each other's XBL friends list, but he's a very quirky guy, not too talkative and long Absent without Leaves... hahaha

I noticed some old names on GTAF just checking the official forum section, and it could have been by my own absence that some members came back, but I honestly NEVER got the hostility angle. I wanted everyone to be in agreement that GTA was one if not THE favorite game we all shared in common. It makes no sense to be a hater and not relate on any level.

To add, someone within that little group of Bad Apples making life terribly difficult, and the cause for all the high blood pressure, he opined to me that I must gain his respect. That's the absolute wrong way of thinking. You give respect out of being a good person, despite how / or what you think about others, you can't know a person until you've walked a mile in THEIR shoes, and most will NEVER really know how that person feels or adjust to life, they can't expect to know that person from their inner-perspective. You can earn respect, but don't expect it! haha

Edited by BlackListedB
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Come on you little fuckers, amuse me. Say something. I know you're out there. 

I'm sure people have better things to do than to say something to amuse you. Most have jobs, go to university, school/college/social life activities, etc.

You took that a lot more seriously than I thought you would .Jesus.

This forum, believe it or not, used to be very active! I firstly joined here around 2004/2005 when I was a mere 13/14 years old and I'm still here even after a few banned accounts. I do distinctively remember this forum being active with a working gang system, and a kind of community feel. I also forgot about this forum perhaps with age, now being 22, after I joined here years and years ago. People just move on and have things to do...I have work and a girlfriend so I don't get much time to even just play GTA let alone come and post on here. I also have an account on GTAforums but I'm not a huge fan, I used to prefer it on here. Gone are the days of the orange/grey skin and GTA San andreas being the latest GTA to hit the market. This place provides good memories and many wasted hours. Chris and co have done a wonderful job maintaining the forum and website despite their being very little users.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I actually made filming (camcorder) references to GTAforums that were intended to express my opinion squarily and get uploaded to YouTube where fair rebuttel can happen in an online context where everyone can express themselves in the fairest way possible, but largely I never did upload those. I was always hoping someone could reverse the harsh decision against me there, and the main hope still resides in the annual pole where 20 people (a tie) voted for me as most missed member.

I'll take the time here to say, THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT guys-gals! It does mean the World to me. I may never meet you in person, but a friend is a REAL person just the same, someone who values your input!

BTW, Scott...welcome back, I joined only after much malignment at GTAForums, 9 plus years accounting for nothing to some of those a**hats! Anyway, The people with a REAL chip on their shoulder are staff with ban hammers and a bad attitude, I found NONE of that here, though there has been some judgemental replies... I warrant that perhaps to youth.. but I'm more then twice your age, nearing 50, I can tell you honestly, I would never forsake the fun of video games as they evolved for some other past-time, like golf or fishing, F-that! You're never too old to have fun, and I grew up in the age of video games REALLY evolving from expensive coin op to home computer versions, and as far back as the late 70s with the first APPLE II PLUS machines I was keenly interested in what they brought to the table

Edited by BlackListedB

• 1 month later...

Not much. I bought HAWX and RE: ORC the other day. I'm less than thrilled with ORC, but HAWX is great.

And I kind of wish Chris would pop in and deal with that spammer that's been running wild over the past several days. Maybe I'll volunteer my assistance as a mod to deal with that sort of thing on a regular basis, since I check in almost every day despite not posting a lot.

Edited by Trevor_Philips
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The straight up hard fact as I see it, it's really almost NOTHING to do with the users who joined GTAForums that make it intolerable and cruel, there are mean spirited users every now and again, but all my stuff was light hearted fun, and never mean spirited or really holding a grudge.... Life's just too short for that non-sense.

The problem that still exists is that staff by and large are egotistical snobbish, elitists, and it's just not right what they've done to usher people out of the GTA gaming community. I've been playing REAL video games longer then most all of them have been on the Earth... so it remains a great injustice that someone like me who's not there to rock the boat gets a ban for life, but they won't budge even now.... so the ban still stands. Most just like the fact without me there, they don't have to deal with me whether that's arguing a post or even merely READING one!!!

Absolute insanity if you ask me, and BTW, when I joined here it was marginally more active, but no where near GTAF's activity level. They have a worst case of Internet monopoly.

That also being said, Thanks to Chris I think problems here have been taken care of with calm heads prevailing and the intent of community above all... held to high standard, as it should be!

• 2 months later...

Made an account at GTAf - logging in temporally to confirm Blacklisted is wrong. GTAF is fine

Like usual, stop complaining about GTAF. You must know it's childish behavior.

Agree with Nate, I also have an (inactive) account at GTAF which I've had for years and I've had no issues

Sup Scott. The name woozie2 sounds familiar. is ur XBL account for the 360 or One? :P