What exactly happened?

I'll get a PS4 first for it's killer app Uncharted 4, when the recession began, no one new how long or how bad, I spent my last work check on the PS3, and since then I think I owned 3 of those and countless RROD and semi-working Xbox360s, Just one ONE would be nice, but I hear both are non-backward compatible. Shame that.

As for GTAForums, I really don't bother lurking or thinking too much about the lost stature, Demarest also remains banned, so don't feel too bad, he was probably the most notable banned member because when I joined, he was very much active and in demand. He's one of the first people I PM'd at GTAF!

BTW, Nate, I'm not wrong at all about how I was treated by GTAForums staff, I remember the times all too well, my friend, believe me, they DO NOT CARE about you as a lowly member, the power as admin and staff they have goes straight to their heads, and that's unjust by any standard... not childish, my friend, but a word from the wise... a few words actually

Edited by BlackListedB

I'll get a PS4 first for it's killer app Uncharted 4, when the recession began, no one new how long or how bad, I spent my last work check on the PS3, and since then I think I owned 3 of those and countless RROD and semi-working Xbox360s, Just one ONE would be nice, but I hear both are non-backward compatible. Shame that.

Microsoft added backwards compatibility to Xbone on the 12th.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

• 2 weeks later...

What is it with you guys/gals and 'Xbone' slang usage? I never use other people's cute attempts to invent new words, as far as I'm concerned, it's more confusing then not. Anything for the Xbox could be coined with some arbitrary name, and at any time, so I'd have no idea to what you refer, just as example. I'd seen that word used in Xbox Live messaging from someone in my list of friends..... Just as an aside though,.... related to XBL and adding Friends. via PSN as well....

I ran into some trouble a long while ago, I was not able to add a certain number of gaming friends because there appeared to be a cap on that amount, other times some people who I'd friended canceled their association so that on my end, their contact dropped off the XBL menu system as a contact, Never know the intent of the person in doing so, but it seems the only way to reach them at that point is again criss-crossing them in an associated online game. I have other instances where people I played with briefly in GTA or RDR are in my friends group when I get back online, but we never associate in any common frequent fashion.... I'm still REALLY puzzled by that and why it happens from the other person's perspective, and I'd like to known what you guys think about account assocation management, in other words Friending fellow gamers for future online play events, presumably, or even the odd contact with them using PSN or XBL.?

Also, as an additional aside, what do you think of terrorists using gaming accounts to plan terrorist attacks and staying 'off the radar' of police, FBI, or other failsafes against crime? The report I saw suggest that fellow gamers should report things like this they see or hear that raised red flags, but would they take it upon themselves to do so??

BTW, Nate, I'm not wrong at all about how I was treated by GTAForums staff, I remember the times all too well, my friend, believe me, they DO NOT CARE about you as a lowly member, the power as admin and staff they have goes straight to their heads, and that's unjust by any standard... not childish, my friend, but a word from the wise... a few words actually

As mentioned previously it's recommended to hold back on slandering GTAF. The last post wasn't in reference to your personal treatment but nice try adding in more complaints. Chronic whining about a website from years ago is childish. The wise speak of unhealthy attachments and how being able to move on from them instead of latch onto them is part of growing up.

Edited by Nate10

What is it with you guys/gals and 'Xbone' slang usage? I never use other people's cute attempts to invent new words, as far as I'm concerned, it's more confusing then not. Anything for the Xbox could be coined with some arbitrary name, and at any time, so I'd have no idea to what you refer, just as example. I'd seen that word used in Xbox Live messaging from someone in my list of friends.....

First off, every word in the dictionary was invented at some point. Our evolutionary ancestors didn't crawl out of the ocean with an English language dictionary clamped between their fins, now did they?

And "Xbone" is shorthand for "Xbox One". That should be common knowledge by now because everyone is using it. We can't exactly just call it "One", because then for damn sure no one would know what we're talking about.

Also, Nate's right. You got banned from GTAF for one reason or another. Regardless of whether it was justified or not, it happened, is over and done with, and you need to let it go and move on with your life.

Edited by Trevor_Philips

• 4 weeks later...

A rebuttel since I'd been on a bit of hiatus, the reason I accuse GTAForums of any wrong doing is solely on their staff's conduct, not so much the users, though I was treated bad by a few of them as well, without any similar conduct on my side of things, I was accused falsely of things I didn't do and being something I'm not... Until that becomes rectified by their actions, I hold on to the grudge against them, the ball is clearly in their court. I'm not the only one banned on a semi annual or lifetime basis as they say, either, so I'm not alone, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts, someone will always remember me in their annual poll... Most missed member of GTAForums. I was there for 9 years, and just about 10 in all! I can't pretend my tenure there accounts for nothing and the past doesn't matter. The future looks bleak to me in more then just gaming forums, but life in general. The best times I've had are in my past. that being said, I hope not, since that would be another dreary 30 odd years to look forward to!!

I just demand the truth be known, if all you hear is their side (being banned kinda does that by default), you don't get it.

About Xbone... I see what you mean now, it wasn't obvious to me for some reason, I use the shorthand XB360, but use the long form for Xbox One, or you could just type Xb1, XB1, or XBOX1

Edited by BlackListedB

• 2 weeks later...

Stopping by to say it's quite nice to see some old names hanging around still, even if the last post was a month ago. I have been registered on GTAForums for longer than I have been here, but back then I ended up choosing to participate more often here as things seemed a bit less overwhelming, we were more of a close-knit community. I still remember being a part of the Mafia group here in the forums and having great moments here and there on MTA. But times have changed indeed, for a varied number of reasons.

When the forum was on its heyday we were all much younger than we are now (oh god all my shitposts), I think that is one of the main reasons the forum has lost its touch. People started growing up, having other priorities, barely having any time to play GTA, and some of them probably moved to more attractive communities as they had a lot more to discuss and a lot more people to interact with as TGTAP started emptying out. Regardless, though, it's nice to see a lot of you are still alive, I have talked semi-recently with Llama and Scott, Alvas has left a comment on my profile a few weeks ago, and it's very nice to see you still around, Rem!

• Like 1

Spider V, I'm sure you've known me for some time, I consider you a vet of GTAF from way back, I got warned for continuing to denounce them, but I do want my voice heard, not because I like stirring the shite, but because I care DEEPLY for video gaming as a whole, and I ALWAYS want to express that, Not sit idly by while people are being mean to their fellow gamers,

I take up arms for all the good gamers out there, And I will continue what's honest in my heart, that's that all that's said negatively about video gaming in the past just isn't so, it is as Rockstar also see it, worthy of art along-side film and music.

Oh, and staff of TGTAP, I'll keep more comments about GTAforums to YouTube, I am thinking of releasing some video of their antics I did record on my channel at some point. Out of major respect for Trip Mills and others there though, I did refrain from doing so in the past. It just irks me to no end though, Taking people's voices away, from something that should be fun and enjoyable... Nothing More, Nothing Less.... Bottom Line.

Edited by BlackListedB

Stopping by to say it's quite nice to see some old names hanging around still, even if the last post was a month ago. I have been registered on GTAForums for longer than I have been here, but back then I ended up choosing to participate more often here as things seemed a bit less overwhelming, we were more of a close-knit community. I still remember being a part of the Mafia group here in the forums and having great moments here and there on MTA. But times have changed indeed, for a varied number of reasons.

When the forum was on its heyday we were all much younger than we are now (oh god all my shitposts), I think that is one of the main reasons the forum has lost its touch. People started growing up, having other priorities, barely having any time to play GTA, and some of them probably moved to more attractive communities as they had a lot more to discuss and a lot more people to interact with as TGTAP started emptying out. Regardless, though, it's nice to see a lot of you are still alive, I have talked semi-recently with Llama and Scott, Alvas has left a comment on my profile a few weeks ago, and it's very nice to see you still around, Rem!

Hai Sv :P hope you're well my friend!

Ha, I miss playing MTA, so many hours put into that!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Chris and co. owe us nothing. I remember the memories tenderly though, for some reason or another.

In hindsight I was a little young to be active on this site back in 2006. Was 11 or so.If had a more engaging childhood at home I would not have needed to be here. :P

Edited by Nate10