End of an Era... Late Nite With David Letterman

USA audiences, like me, stayed up to watch our own version of The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, that was David Letterman starting on NBC, running for 11 years, and then in 1993 thereabouts, going to CBS to add to his legacy of thousands of shows, and memorable moments, for a glorious total of 33 years. 

The gap tooth Prince of Late Night as he was known early on, is stepping down to concentrate on life with his son and wife, spending more quality time at home, HOWEVER, he joked that this may not be the last we hear from him. I tend to think that to be the case. I remember him joining the late Bob Hope for one of his specials in the 1980s, and though his schtick was the same, he felt well removed from the confines of his show, yet it was just a sampling of comedic genius, which is, quite frankly... NEVER ENOUGH!!

God Bless you, David Letterman, you've impacted all of pop culture more then mere words can say!

[image] http://www.tvweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/late-show-with-david-letterman-title.jpg[/image]

Edited by BlackListedB