Why should the government waste our tax money on courtrooms and police stations when they could allow judges to prosecute criminals on the street?

Police officers and lawyers should be abolished and only Judges should be allowed to control human society. Besides, most of the interaction that police officers and lawyers do with the public in this day and age is through e-mail and they seem to be fans of those elitist PDFs (portable document files) that you have to print out yourself so that the government/law firm doesn't spend money on ink printing out those forms and sending them off to you.

Edited by RyanVG

Abolish police officers? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. There would be anarchy. Seriously, without an enforcing entity, who would listen to any judge? And why are PDFs elitist?

I mean, are you joking or are you just stupid? And I mean that as a legitimate question.

• Like 1

PDFs are elitist because you have to read them on Adobe's fancy reader (which comes with Google Chrome but not with Internet Explorer). In order for a PDF to have any legal bearing in the world, you have to print them out with that expensive ink (that you have to pay for instead of the company/law firm/police station/courtroom).

If it wasn't for e-mail, my community (and every other community in Canada) would still have door-to-door mail delivery service and people will still be paying less than $1.50 for a postage stamp. Thanks a lot, Shiva Ayyadurai, for inventing e-mail back in 1979. Because of your smart-ass Paki intelligence, e-mail and the Internet is destroying our established business infrastructure and is putting people out of work.

Edited by RyanVG

I would contest that most of the interaction officers have with the public is... actually interacting with the public. Now it isn't the old days where people respected officers enough for them to respect us; nor the old town days where officers were more of a friend than a hardened criminal chaser... but they're out there and you can go up to them anytime.

Courtroom antics are actually less the fault of lawyers and more the fault of criminals. We are a nation of criminals with people constantly acting as if their violations of the law are somehow special. Traffic Tickets are a major issue here. The problem is that we refashioned the court system NOT to separate the guilty from the innocent, but to give a way for a criminal to "win" and get off of a crime. That we give plea bargins out rather than deal with the numerous people fighting every case that has rock-solid evidence on the chance the jury will pity them says more than lawyers getting rich as the state gets poorer.

PDF is about as Elitist as ODF (Open Document Format). Quite frankly though, open formats are actually more elitist as they're anti-competitive. While PDF is a monopoly, people have hacked Adobe's format enough to create their own readers. Google, I believe, in their ever increasing attempts to control all information, has integrated their own reader into their browser; every other browser uses third-party plugins which aren't always official adobe.

PDFs are elitist because you have to read them on Adobe's fancy reader (which comes with Google Chrome but not with Internet Explorer). In order for a PDF to have any legal bearing in the world, you have to print them out with that expensive ink (that you have to pay for instead of the company/law firm/police station/courtroom).

If it wasn't for e-mail, my community (and every other community in Canada) would still have door-to-door mail delivery service and people will still be paying less than $1.50 for a postage stamp. Thanks a lot, Shiva Ayyadurai, for inventing e-mail back in 1979. Because of your smart-ass Paki intelligence, e-mail and the Internet is destroying our established business infrastructure and is putting people out of work.

Are you serious? Does Adobe even own the patent for PDF's? You don't need to use Adobe's tool at all for PDF's (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=open+source+pdf). Adobe's "fancy reader" doesn't come with Firefox, so I don't know where you heard that. Don't know what Google uses. Firefox uses PDF.js to read PDF's.

Are you blaming the inventor of email for your governments inability to provide mail service or just throwing out an overexaggeration?

I'm honestly not completely sure if you're trolling or not with the things you post, but if you are +1.

Are you serious? Does Adobe even own the patent for PDF's? You don't need to use Adobe's tool at all for PDF's (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=open+source+pdf). Adobe's "fancy reader" doesn't come with Firefox, so I don't know where you heard that. Don't know what Google uses. Firefox uses PDF.js to read PDF's.

Are you blaming the inventor of email for your governments inability to provide mail service or just throwing out an overexaggeration?

I'm honestly not completely sure if you're trolling or not with the things you post, but if you are +1.

Honestly, I'm not exaggerating - Canada Post is charging people a lot of money for standard mail because Big Brother Shiva just happened to invent a form of mail that has subverted both our personal and corporate cultures. If you happen to interpret this as a thoughtcrime, then call up the Ministry of Love and have my freethinker license revoked from me. With PDFs, emails and online commercial websites becoming more present in our cultural psyche, the Internet (and the physical world) is resembling more like George Orwell's most famous book every day.

Edited by RyanVG