The future of GTA London

Gerard

Full Topic

Well as with the release of San Andreas for the PC, and the DFF filters for zmod 2, you would expect us to be working at full pelt to create the next release, including everything we've promised so far.

Unfortunately, this is still only a dream. Suction Testicle Man (creator of most of our vehicles) is using all of them in his as-yet-unreleased mod: GTA Great Britain, which we know virtually nothing about. One of the most promising modders, mvi, has switched his efforts into his own mod: GTA Trinity. It seems that most of the modders, and the people who would download the mod, are switching to these projects, which are in full swing.

Lack of interest in GTA London, on the part of modders and downloaders, is to be held account for the lack of progress that we have seen since the first releases for Vice City a few weeks ago. Does nobody want to see this mod? Does nobody want to help?

I think that GTA London has missed the opportunity to become a great mod, and that with everybody fleeting elsewhere, maybe its time to lay the old dog to rest. Should we divert our efforts to another mod, and just help out there? Should we fight for GTA London's life? In the wake of yet more bombings in London, i would love to make something good come out of this. Is there anything else we could do, besides make a total conversion mod for GTA? You tell me. Please vote and reply.

Heh, yeah take part in gb... STM has had tens of offers maybe even hundreds, of which he's accepted none to my knowledge. You'll also see a lot more of trinity in a few weeks when it becomes official.

As to London, I think really unless you can get a few map modders to start you off that it hasn't got a chance, mods always look much better when there's screens rather than just words. And as most of the vice city mod were stm's cars most of which were rejected versions of ones that will be used in GB, it doesn't say much

I'm not quite sure you understand English. What is downloadable now is not the Vice City version of GTA London, it is an early beta version of GTA London, combining a few cars and a few ideas. Many people like it, and indeed I do. If this project does continue, i assure you it will be significantly better than that. Version 0.3 doesn't constitute our best efforts, i'm afraid.

As for GTAGB, yea i've spoken to stm a lot over the past few months since he was running london. His cars are amazing, and i have seen a few of his buildings, which are pretty imaginative, and well-made. To be honest, I'm not too sure how well the rest will go down, it is a big project that he is indending to do, and the lack of fascia is only worrying. I'm sure he's got a few tricks up his sleeve, and if anybody can help i'm sure he'll get in touch.

As for Trinity, again i've seen some buildings, and some of the early plans - nothing much else though. I dont think i'ts conjuring up enough speculation to be a significantly anticipated release, whereas GTA London is almost entirely speculation.

Trinity isn't about getting tons of people interested, we're in this for the fun of making new islands, though on August 7, you'll actually see a lot of what we're working on, as we've finally decided to go public with the tc.