White PSP and 2.00 firmware update

Adriaan

whitepsp.gif

Yesterday, June 21, Sony held a meeting in Japan discussing the Playstation 3 and of course the Sony PSP. In the meeting they revealed the ""Ceramic White" Sony PSP, which will be released on September 15th. There was also a playable Playstation 3 demo which shows that it's coming along pretty well. Speaking of the PS3, Ken Kutaragi said that the Sony Playstation 3 is gonna be rather expensive. Sony hasn't announced any details on the price yet, but a price tag of $400 is expected.

Also a PDF document(Japanese) was released shortly after with all the details of the v2.00 Firmware. This update will be up for download from June 27th.

Below is the list of features:

Network

• Added internet browser (can also be prevented from opening)

Video

• Added Jump function (UMD Video and UMD Music)

• Added A-B Repeat function (UMD Video, UMD Music, Memory Stick Duo)

• Added 4:3 mode in screen modes (Memory Stick)

• Added audio mutiing function (Memory Stick)

• Added MP4(AVC) to supported file types (Memory Stick)

Music

• When used with SonicStage 3.2 and above, can transfer ATRAC3plus files to Memory Stick PRO Duo

• Added MP4(AAC), WAVE (Linear PCM) to supported file types

Photo

• Added wallpaper function

• Added image transfer/receive function

• Added TIFF, GIF, PNG, BMP to supported files

Settings

• Added Korean under "display language"

• Added "character set"

• Added "theme settings"

• Added "internet browser control" under security settings

• Added WPA-PSK (TKIP) under security types

• Added keyboard as an input mode for web usage

Very nice, I will download the firmware as soon as it gets out for my home network. Nothing like surfing the web from a handheld whilst sitting on my couch and the modem is in the other room. I can bet Spaz will be excited about this. I consider myself a big PSP fan but I think he might be more excited about it than me. Although GTA LCS is what I'm saving for.

Nice video! That web browser looks so cool, being that when you download MP4 movies on to it from the net, it automaticly puts the file in the correct folder. Wow. The PSP gets email, internet, and basically everything in a PDA, plus PS2-quality games, movies, music and pictures. What does the DS get? 64-bit, poor sounding crap games. If you don't think the PSP is worth $250, it is now. You can bet that I'll be making a portal to thegtaplace.com and posting here the night I get the update. Which reminds me. What browser is the PSP's based off of or is it new altogether? So Chris needs a new icon for it or everyone browsing here with a PSP will have a question mark by their name.

Yeh, this is a cool firmware update. New image formats, wallpapers, image receiving, and of course the Web Browser.  :dribble:

Here is a link to see the web browser in action; http://media.psp.ign.com/articles/635/635577/vids_1.html

EDIT (forgot): - It's in Japanese (still worth watching though) :coolthumbup:

Don't forget the TV reciever.... Which will hopefully make it to the US version. :dribble:

yeah thats pretty interesting Chris82. THe Wipe Out browser always had question mark icons wherever you see bullets like "•" or "·". The PSP web browser however can read HTML 4.01. So that will be fixed. We will probably get a simple skin and make the main table 100% so that PSP users can easily post in this forums. A good example of a skin is http://www.pspforums.com/forums . You will see that it fits nicely on the PSP screen.

I made a PSP ready site once for the Wipe Out Browser and when you viewed it in IE it had some problems, but it was correct in Firefox. When you viewed it on the PSP it looked the same as it is on Firefox.

Oh and yes, the the TV reciever is gonna be cool!

Never fear an admin

The firmware looks greatly improved, that's one of the things I love about the PSP, the fact you can update it like that. I'll still be getting the black psp, partly because I can get it first, partly because it's cooler

Claude Speed isn't mute, he just dont need to talk.

Think about it: why would Catalina call him at the phone if he is really mute? Rockstar only decided to dont make him talk to do of him a cool character.

And if youll se the Gta2 introduction video (hes played by Scott Maslen) youll se that he can talk.

I can get the firmware today? Oh Shit. You know I will. If what Spaz said is true then I'll post in this topic tonight on my PSP.

Claude Speed isn't mute, he just dont need to talk.

Think about it: why would Catalina call him at the phone if he is really mute? Rockstar only decided to dont make him talk to do of him a cool character.

And if youll se the Gta2 introduction video (hes played by Scott Maslen) youll se that he can talk.

I can get the firmware today? Oh Shit. You know I will. If what Spaz said is true then I'll post in this topic tonight on my PSP.

What the HELL is up with your quote? :huh:

No. You can get it TOMORROW. Notice how my post was made "TODAY"((look at the date, it literately says "TODAY")). I made the mistake of thinking yesterday was today, though. I was disappointed today at 12:00 when I realised today was Monday the 15th. -_-

Well to me, it says your post was made Yesterday at 11:16 PM. Whatever. So that means I can download the firmware 2.0 tomorrow the 26th? Ok, will do. Before I read your most recent post though, I tried to download an update and the only one I found was 1.52. Also, someone said they got the wrong language frimware, and thier PSP could no longer play games.