Bigger or smaller then San Andreas?

Do you want Gta 4 to be bigger or smaller then San Andreas?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Gta 4 to be bigger or smaller then San Andreas?

• As big as possible
    • Bigger
    • About the same
    • Smaller

There has probably been at least one of this topic, but I didn't see any on my quick tour through the topic in this forum so I'd post it. Do you want Gta 4 to be bigger or smaller then San Andreas?

I personaly think it should be larger, but if it's gonna make the details and feel of places then I'd rather have it small and detailed. But if they can maintain the detail in the landscape than I'm all for larger.

I'd like there to be some islands though. Like an island you have to fly to or take boat to, or maybe many islands, like on Fiji or something. nd not those small island like that one right outside of San Fierro, I mean like a LARGE island. That has mountains and all!

Oh, and I know everyone complains about "you'll get lost" and all that. But what's better than just driving around and then suddenly your in a completly new place that you've never been? Even if you've made all the missions you'll still find new places. That would've been cool!

Yeah, my thoughts on the size of San Andreas and then I'm only talking about San Fierro, I think the size of San Andreas is kinda big in one way, and that is that San Fierro got kinda boring or.. it's like one style allmost all the way through the city. So if they can't maintain the detail I'd say smaller, but I think R* can maintain the detail IF they take theire time. I'd rather hope they took their time with the game then release it too early.

Don't try and be a smart ass. Just because I'm sick and tired of them doesn't mean I'll stop posting, god spas would be no where near his 4k if he did that

Exactly. There's a difference between not liking a thread and being tired of seeing the same one over and over.

This is an absolutly stupid question anyways. What dumbass, in their right mind, would say smaller? WTF?

Nah interiors come second to size, if you had a complete city the size of vice city that every place had an interior, it still wouldn't be as fun as sa. SA had that freedom where you could just burn down the highways and spend ages looping the 3 islands, where as you can do that in vice pretty fast

Well, I don't want to get into a fight. But if you hate them, but your still gonna post in them, then you don't need to complain. Just write "Bigger.". You'll still get the post count.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I'm just tired of people complaining. And if this topic has been brought up before, please just say so, and I'll try to tell a mod to close it or delete it.

Oh, and many people want it to be smaller or about the same size (just look at PyrOxide). I'll say some arguments for that side too if you'd like..

- One bad thing about having a large city is that you can't get to know that city your doing missions in untill you get to a new one, and then suddenly you find yourself lost in all of the places.

- Another bad thing about a large game is that, allthough the people that make the game know that hhey have to consentrate on it, bigger size does, either you like it or not, cause less detail in he landscape. You can look at many large games that don't have as much detail to it all. Much of the landscape gets repeted, this has to do with the soze of the game in.. like.. bytes, right?

It gets pretty boring if you spent hours diving down the highway in Sa, but you only saw the same things? Wouldn't you think?

.. and as said, I'm very sorry, if this topic has been brought up here before!

.. oh, and, I don't think there's any point in posting if your just for the post count. "Post when you can give a meaningfull reply to the topic" - That's what I say.. But that's only my opinion, though.

Edited by Ghostchild

Yeah, and that's what I saw a small tendency of in San Fierro, especially in the middle of the city. It's the same white houses with the "straight forward"-streets. It's a great city, don't get me wron, but it has a small tendency to be repeativ, but that's only my opinion of it.

Many people want it smaller? They must be idiots, it's like removing bikes and planes from gta 4. And I think most people find being in a big city you haven't been in before one of the thrills of the game, learning your way around, seeing things you haven't seen before.

Make it bigger, but not twice the size of SA. Timescales one thing we'll have to take into consideration - if you want seven cities, all individually detailed, no two streets the same, then it'll take many years, especially if they do interiors. Four cities is enough, with two main rural areas (maybe countryside and desert again, maybe a large beach area, maybe a large plain, maybe mountainous). Make at least public buildings accessible: Town hall, police stations, hospitals (Like SWAT 3's hospital), Libraries, Office blocks, landmarks (statues, famous buildings).

I'd like a map around 4 times of San Andreas. But the idea of numerous cities would suck. Maybe 2 cities will do, but this time, they're huge. Around times of Los Santos is perfect. The ACTUAL scale, in other words.

I don't think a GTA game will ever approach city size, I mean San Andreas was the size of a normal town, 6km sqaure, but cities are huge. I'd say in the region of 1 1/2 to 2 times the size of San Andreas but with 3 cities, and I agree with xenon on public buildings. And Rockstar North will now have serious experience at making gta, the size increase between vc and sa was quite lovable, but I think a gta game can only be so good. Alternately if they made say 3 islands far apart requiring plane flights and fast boats then that would also be great, gta archipeliga, (note that's meant to be a a not an o)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

if they make the map smaller i'll be pissed. they should make the game take place in a whole country with like five states the size of san andreas. i thought san andreas map was too small. i memorized the fricken map in like a week. (Just like i memorized liberty and vice city in like 2 or 3 days.