Lost

I posted this review on another site, and I figured I'd post it here too, because I'm a total attention whore and want my work to be read.

Anyway, this is a review of 'Lost', a show which has only just started airing in England, but I think the series has already concluded across the Atlantic in the land of stupid 2-pin plugs that don't fit into the plug socket properly and always feel like they're about to fall out. How do you Yanks buy so much consumer electronics and put up with such an inferior plug design?

What? Oh yeah, the review.

Normally I'd rather stick my head into a pit of lava than watch anything on Channel 4 or 5, but watching their new show 'Lost' I was shocked to see that Channel 4 is finally showing something that doesn't suck. More than that - 'Lost' is frolicking awesome. I'd never have expected a channel so crap to show something so good. It's like if MTV started showing Led Zeppelin - only that's never going to happen, because MTV sucks, unless you like to watch shit like 'Cribs'. 'Ooh, she has such a nice house, I want to become a singer so I can live somewhere like that'. Newsflash: singing ability has nothing to do with becoming a singer. You just need good looks and breast implants.

Anyway, back to the review:

The first episode of Lost is triple-length, and in those first 3 hours, we see a plane crashing, angry chain smokers shooting polar bears, pregnant women getting kicked in the stomach, guys getting sucked into jet turbines, mangled bodies being found in treetops, and giant monsters tearing up forests. Do I need to say anything else? This show is clearly the best thing to hit TV since 24.

As for the plot, the story goes like this: A plane crashes on a tropical island. The survivors try to live on this island while they wait for rescue, but it soon becomes very clear that something on this island is not right.

This show rocks.

I posted this review on another site, and I figured I'd post it here too, because I'm a total attention whore and want my work to be read.

Anyway, this is a review of 'Lost', a show which has only just started airing in England, but I think the series has already concluded across the Atlantic in the land of stupid 2-pin plugs that don't fit into the plug socket properly and always feel like they're about to fall out. How do you Yanks buy so much consumer electronics and put up with such an inferior plug design?

Wtf? Our plugs rock, they fit in right and don't feel like they're about to fall out. Also, some of the bigger items (like computers) have three prongs. Also, us Yanks do this by buying a surge protector and plugging everything into an outlet, similar to a whore, but one who's a whore for electricity.

[/offtopic] Anyways, lost is a knockoff of another show on CBS called "Without a Trace" Even though Lost is much better, Without a Trace was first.

I've heard of Without a Trace, they show it on UK tv but I've never watched it.

TV sucks. There are basically only 2 shows which I watch regularly (Lost and 24) and a couple which I watch occasionally (Malcolm in the Middle, Futurama).

Sky Plus rocks, though. You never have to watch adverts! This would be especially useful in the US where they have 4 advert breaks in one episode of Friends. I thought we had too many adverts here in England, but that's just frolicking ridiculous.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love LOST its my favourite show ever. It should be out in febuaury in the UK. I dont understand how people can not like it. Me and my friend laura had a LOST QUEST!!! where we watch an entire series in a day. 17 1/2 hours :D that day was when my forum name started. Laura made one too.