Your GTA4 location ideas

nickchico

No shit, that's some interesting news. Well then... That makes things a little bit different eh... I see. Agree man, I'd love to see something like Detroit you know, hopefully with snow and everything, and the crime there... Oh man. But I wouldn't mind having Liberty back again.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to see they move out from the US, I wouldn't mind. And London is not bad, not bad at all, and I think if it will take place in the UK then London has probably the biggest chance to become the city in GTA IV. It's going to be pretty damn interesting you know, and I've mentioned before where I think GTA IV will take place in, so yeah man, we can just wait and speculate, oh yeah.

Why do people want to merge all the old games into one big one? I mean don't you want something different? London i think would be too liberty city like, its mainly just city and other things.

What i loved about San Andreas was it was like a City/Country/Seaside/Desert, it was a really nice environment. Mount Chilliad was also a very nice addition plus the ghost towns in the badlands.

Which leads to my conclusion:

I know that most of you want a real country and everything but honestly, wouldn't that be kind of boring? I think they should have an Australian style because it is much like san andreas theme. Roaming from Badlands, to the Country Side, and then to the City and maybe even the beach.

No I am not Australian nor do i live there but i just love the idea like this. and as i saw mentioned earlier on in another topic that GTA IV might be 3x the size of san andreas! Maybe a bit too big but 2x would be a nice touch i think.

This is my first comment too! ^_^

Well I'm not one of those who want GTA IV to take place in a whole country, know what I'm saying. It's nothing wrong with having one big city, but I know what you're saying man, more variation is great, like SA had.

Edit: Oh and welcome to the forums man!

Edited by GTAPlayer

Well I'm not one of those who want GTA IV to take place in a whole country, know what I'm saying. It's nothing wrong with having one big city, but I know what you're saying man, more variation is great, like SA had.

Edit: Oh and welcome to the forums man!

In my opinion there bigger the size of the map, the better since we will get to roam more places. however I don't agree with 1 whole new city. Maybe a city divided into sections which have to be unlocked through missions etc.

But more cities is more variation which I like.

Welcome MPilk to TGTAP

Well I hope it's certainly going to be bigger than SA, and 2x 3x bigger sounds pretty damn good. And if it's going to be one big city, then they could divide it into sections, like they did with Vice and Liberty. I'm not sure if R* has decided to still have this "unlock missions to unlock the next section etc", but we'll see.

Blood City is a ok name for Philidelphia.

Blood city? i think that's o good name for philadelphia, knowing that this city has the highest murder rates last year

so it would be relevant to make philadelphia as the location of GTA4,

"Philadelphia experienced its highest murder rate in over a decade in 2006, with 406 murders in the city. Philadelphia, a city of 1.5 million, has more total murders than any other city in the country, including Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston, and New York City which have larger populations"

Mexico would be fun. If it's realistic sorta like Advanced Warfighter 2 but I like GTA noty that type of realistic.

mexico? certainly not a bad idea,

do you know that violent crime is also a major concern in Mexico. It had the second-highest number of kidnappings in the world, with some 3,000 reported cases. that would be something to GTA wouldn't it?

here's a little picture of Mexico City, the capital of Mexico:

Polanco.jpg

For kidnapping cases, lots of them happened in taxis. individuals are sometimes kidnapped by unauthorized taxi drivers, in order to empty their bank accounts at ATMs. Victims are sometimes kept overnight in order to bypass daily withdrawal limits. As a general rule, if you are unaware of the route you are to take then you should only use official taxis from stands ("sitios") as these are closely regulated.

So, that means the taxi would be interesting wouldn't them?

another image of Mexico city, apparently taken in Santa Fe Business District:

800px-IMG_2079.JPG

Well, we're guessing cuz it's fun man, all we can do now is to wait and speculate, know what I'm saying. And yeah man, Mexico City would be a great location for GTA IV, it's filled with crime and has a large population, but no snow, but I can live with that if it's going to be Mexico City you know. And we've been talking about Mexico City before quite a lot, and for those who want to see more pictures of Mexico City, go to this page: Page 21 - Pictures of Mexico City.

Well, we're guessing cuz it's fun man, all we can do now is to wait and speculate, know what I'm saying. And yeah man, Mexico City would be a great location for GTA IV, it's filled with crime and has a large population, but no snow, but I can live with that if it's going to be Mexico City you know. And we've been talking about Mexico City before quite a lot, and for those who want to see more pictures of Mexico City, go to this page: Page 21 - Pictures of Mexico City.

yeah that's the best we can do speculate, but i hear that someone peeked that GTA will be held in Boston? is it 100% true?

by the way, those pictures of mexico city, it's a blast! i never notice it before

certainly gonna be a cool serie of GTA, with or without snow B)

Yeah man, I'm sure GTA IV will be great no matter what. Well as far as I know nothing is 100% true you know, Boston would certainly have been a great location, especially with snow, but right now nothing is 100% sure, all we can do is to wait and speculate. But sure, I've mentioned this in an earlier post, it could be Carcer City, why? It's been mentioned in the past GTAs, all the way from GTA III to VCS, yeah man. And also, NYC (Liberty City) is a possibility, there were some rumors on the web before that someone from R* involved with the soundtrack mentioned GTA IV is going for a NYC feel you know. And also London has a chance of course, but if GTA IV will go Europe I hope more for something like Moscow or Sicily.

Sicily would be a great idea in europe, the mafia tradition would make GTA more interesting and educating for all the gamers who loved organized crime story. by the way, i don't really know about Carcer city. in which GTA carcer city was mentioned? and what city represent carcer city? hahh.. i guess i forgot..

Alright man, no problems. Well Carcer City is speculated to be based on one of these cities, Newark, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh or Cleveland. And yeah man, Carcer was mentioned in GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, LCS and finally VCS. But Carcer is also the fictional city in the Manhunt-series, but they only showed a couple of blocks in Manhunt, so we'll see what happens.

Oh yeah man, and here's a list of how Carcer was referred in the past GTAs:

**GTA III**

* A news segment on the in-game radio station Lips 106 reports that "police chief Gary Schaeffer was cleared of corruption charges in a controversial decision by the courts." This is an obvious allusion to a prominent character in this game, even though Grand Theft Auto III precedes Manhunt's release date by two years.

* There is a "ghost town" in Liberty City, which is sometimes erroneously dubbed Carcer City.

**Vice City**

* A mattress store has a poster that reads, "The Best Mattresses in Carcer".

**San Andreas**

* In the beginning of the game, a radio advertisement for Carcer City makes references to steel mills being closed and "dining in the glow of the Flaming River," which may be the best indication of the city's inspiration. Many steel mills in the Midwest closed during the era when the game was set, including those in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Cleveland, Ohio, and Detroit, Michigan, Newark. The "Flaming River" is a clear reference to the "Burning River", a period in the 1970s where the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland, Ohio was polluted enough that it caught fire.

* Also in the beginning, a woman on the WCTR show "The Wild Traveler" calls from Carcer City asking why would anyone want to vacation there.

* When bumped into, a pedestrian says "Hey! This isn't Carcer City OKAY!"

* On the Shores of Palamino Creek north of Los Santos there are several large objects with the words "Carcer City" on them.

* In Zero's RC store, there is an action figure of James Earl Cash, along with Piggsy, Tommy Vercetti and Lance Vance.

* One pedestrian is noted to say (after CJ murders somebody) "I'm moving to Carcer City".

* A radio ad appears near the end of the game talking about Carcer City that is along the lines of "This is real America!" which is said at the end of the ad.

* In the first cutscene at the airport, it is seen on the arrivals board that one flight is from Carcer City.

**GTA: LCS**

Civilian Ken calls "The Electron Zone" on LCFR (asking about the Internet) and states that he is "calling from Carcer City."

**GTA: VCS**

Various pedestrians claim to have previous occupations in Carcer City; some say, "I was a plumber in Carcer City!'

Edited by GTAPlayer

Alright man, no problems. Well Carcer City is speculated to be based on one of these cities, Newark, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh or Cleveland. And yeah man, Carcer was mentioned in GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, LCS and finally VCS. But Carcer is also the fictional city in the Manhunt-series, but they only showed a couple of blocks in Manhunt, so we'll see what happens.

thanks for the info man, yeahh, now i remember, i played manhunt too.

i just dragged this info from grandtheftwiki.com:

Carcer City is a city located near Liberty City. It was used in another Rockstar game, involving a mass murderer named James Earl Cash. Both of these cities are located in the eastern coast of Rockstar's fictional America-type country. Besides all of this, Carcer City is an industrial town north of Liberty City with corrupt police chief Gary Schafer and a snuff film director who apparently calls the shots in town. There are white supremacists, murderers, and other sorts of criminals and rogues who rampage through the streets of Carcer City. Carcer City is most likely based off Newark, Detroit, Philidelphia or Cleveland.

i bet it would be so possible the next GTA will be held in this city -_-