Joint game development

dosera

There was such question: how it is possible to jointly develop games? I needed some help developing the game. I saw a section on the Internet with the search for slaves of people to the team, but this is not very suitable for me, since I myself cannot guarantee 24/7 work on the project and promise millions of profits in a reasonable time. In addition, this is a hobby and hardly anyone wants to spend significant time on it. What do you recommend?

It takes a good idea to make a good game. But even having an idea to create a decent game based on it is not at all easy. In addition to banal luck, there are a huge number of things that you have to deal with. An infinite number of decisions must be made in a very modest amount of time.

It is not enough to develop a game so that it would be interested, released and played, only then it makes sense, otherwise why do it then? And the game is being developed by a whole team of professionals and not amateurs. I don't play games but my nephew likes to drive cars or shoot monsters in space.

Making a game alone is possible  https://moonmana.com/  I for example made 4 games alone. But it's better with a team. The quality is better. Your decisions are criticized and the result is improved. You can distribute responsibilities and make the game faster. The last game I do is in a team with my wife. She is in charge of the story, criticizes my decisions, helps with art, and looks for streamers.

Every game designer probably has a dozen ideas in reserve that he wants to implement. However, inventing a game is not a difficult task. It is more difficult to understand whether your idea has potential, and whether it is worth moving forward with it. Many people think that the idea of their game is original, and there is no other like it and there will not be until they implement it. Alas, this is often not the case.

Too many people, trying to make their first game, dived headlong into the engine and abandoned the idea because it was too difficult or they were tired of not seeing progress. In fact, this is just a bunch of stupid excuses that appear because of the down sight, that is, the desire to immediately make games of large caliber.