Big Community Thread

Chris

I am happy right now because I know I am doing great in History (the subject). My History class just had 3 tests and I passed them all with Grade 1s (Which is the best grade you can get). So yeah I can now be classified as a history geek :P.

Anyway here are my results:

Knowledge & Understanding - 17 out of 20

Enquiry Skills - 15 out of 15

8-Mark Essay 1 - 5 out of 8

8-ark Essay 2 - 8 out of 8

So in total I got 45 out of 51.

In English I just had my stupid class talks and I got Grade 3 with 2 Minus' (3 - -) which generally is quite bad.

Yeah having all this work before exams sucks big time :(. I have to some of my work on holiday with to study, now that really agitated me because it is meant to be a holiday not study leave. Right now In my computing class I just started Programming the topic in which I wanted to study but I am missing 6 periods of it because I will be away and I am left with 2 booklets to study. Its a damn shame I picked "Theory Computing" with very little practical work.

I've been told that I've got ten weeks left till my exams begin, time has gone pretty fast for me, especially if you're in your last year of school. I've also received a pretty positive letter today in the mail as well, it was saying something like "[insert Name] has put alot of effort in his/her coursework and is now achieving high expectations towards most of his/her subjects. We hope [insert Name] will get good marks in his exams and will have a positive end to his school days" - That was the nicest letter I've gotten in ages, it's also motiving me to get better marks!

Let's hope that motivation makes me get better results for coursework and exams! Although it may not work, it's probably the only thing that has given positive effect.

I can't believe that it is 7 days until I will be incredibly inactive here on The GTA Place and on the other forums I have joined. I will seriously miss you guys who are my friends here (Gerard, Spider-Vice, MrLlamaLlama, GTA Don, TM etc). When I get back in early April I will post up pictures of my holidays in the post pictures of yourself topics of many things I have seen or done in my holidays. Anyway here my timetable for the Departure day which is Tuesday 18th March 2008.

05:00 - Wake Up, Get Dressed and Have Breakfast.

05:30 - Set off for Edinburgh International Airport with my Grandpa.

06:00 - Check-In at the Airport

07:00 - Wait for Plane

08:00 - Enter Plane and get seated

08:30 - The plane takes off for Newark Airport in New York

09:00 - Once left the UK try to get some sleep or put on MP3 player

15:00 - Plane Arrives around 15:00 at Newark Airport.

Journey 1 of Holiday Complete - These times were in GMT + 0:00 now I am converting to Eastern Time.

10:00 - Plane Arrives at Newark Airport

11:00 - Wait for plane to Florida

13:00 - Board Plane to Florida

13:30 - Plane Departs

17:00 - Plane arrives at Sarasota Airport

17:30 - Grandparents pick me and my family up from the airport

17:55 - Arrive at grandparents Ranch in Sarasota

19:00 - Depending how light it is I will go in the Swimming Pool or if it isn't light I will go to bed

This will be one of the longest days of my life lasting 29 Hours. I can't wait to be back from my holidays because I will have especially missed you guys...

Edited by Thomas.

TM I know how your feeling, you finish one coursework and up pops another. I get my Englsih done and then its Maths, once I have completed Matchs its Engineering, then its Media Studies then IT and so on on.......

I break up (for study leave) I think in 8 or 9 weeks, not entirely sure. I feel like I am physichally and mentally tired, Sounds weird like.

Edited by Red Devil

I went to see that movie "Juno" yesterday, i really wish i hadnt. Normaly i wouldnt go within 10 miles of that kind of film, but i got dragged along cos it was my cousins birthday, and she wanted to take all the family to see it. Anyway all these critics that said it was "the best film of the year" must be retarded or very dull, because that was the most boring load of shite i have ever watched in my life.

Feeling pretty much depressed about everything. I got my report recently and lets just say the grades weren't good, at all. Now my Dad thinks I'm a complete failure and I'm going to fail my GCSE's and also I've got a parents appointment today so that doesn't help at all.

My parents are having a big fight, partially about me doing so bad. Makes me pissed off at my dad for being a total dick to my mum, I hate him.

Was going to Dubai for a concert with some friends this Thursday but I might not be able to go because my passport residency expires soon and we've been running around getting my blood group done, my fingerprints etc.

Also got a load of homework which is mainly why I'm staying up late.

Yep, life sucks.

That's fucking stupid, honestly, I really hate parents like that. Yeah, they care about their kids but they don't help them get better grades, they fucking yell at them and tell them to get better. Fuck that.

I am happy right now because I know I am doing great in History (the subject). My History class just had 3 tests and I passed them all with Grade 1s (Which is the best grade you can get). So yeah I can now be classified as a history geek :P.

Anyway here are my results:

Knowledge & Understanding - 17 out of 20

Enquiry Skills - 15 out of 15

8-Mark Essay 1 - 5 out of 8

8-ark Essay 2 - 8 out of 8

So in total I got 45 out of 51.

In English I just had my stupid class talks and I got Grade 3 with 2 Minus' (3 - -) which generally is quite bad.

Are your parents the same as Fallen's parents?

I personally don't give a fucking shit about my grades right now, I don't need too. I have better things to worry about then that.

My parents don't really care about grades. If I get bad grades they tell me to bring me my Textbook to them and they would help me. If I get good grades then they would say "Keep it up" or something, I don't have strict parent at all, apart from when it comes to chores. Also, if I get a good school report my parents would take me somewhere to eat or order a pizza.

Well, today was my REAL French Oral Exams. I felt really nervous once I entered the mobile where it was held. I thought it would be hard, but looking at everything, it seemed alright, although there were just a few parts I wasn't really sure of/Not certain with. Well, this is how it was like:

• We firstly had to do two role-play cards (Mine was about Presents, and all that).
  • Then we started our one minute presentation (Mine was on Pocket Money).
  • Then a few questions on my presentation.
  • Then we did two conversation prompts (Mine was on Work and Town).

I only missed out one point in the role-play cards, and in the conversation prompts, I found only 1 question confusing, so I didn't answer it. But other than that, my teacher said my tenses were correct and most of what I said was okay, so she said I got a grade C for it, but the external examiner's gonna mark it.

Other than that, it's been a stressful day, so now it's time to look at some pr0n. :P

I'm gonna get a 40GB PS3 hopefully by Wednesday, there was a deal for the 40GB about 5 days ago, with 2 games and 2 controllers for £300, and I didn't get it, and now it's gone up to around £350 which is just plain irritating. Nevertheless, I'll still pick one up, maybe from Gamestation.

EDIT: And then I'll have to make up another network name probably, because I registered this name over a year ago and haven't even logged in. I have no idea what name to use, either.

Edited by The Bossman