Big Community Thread

Chris

I could easily have done art, but i just seem to hate the whole 'art student' thing. Bitches think they're better than everyone else, makes me fucking sick. Like, yeah, you do art, you can draw.. clap clap clap.... how about you do something useful, like, other than being an exhibitionist bitch.

Even though i do graphics and shit, it's like... having a sense of modesty about what i do, y'know, not just whoring it out.

Rant over, i guess.

I did media / film study at high school, and that was enough to qualify me for a graphic design position at college. So yeah, graphic comms would be good too, i suppose.

Well I don't think I've ever participated in this "Big Community Thread", but I'm bored as fuck right now so why not. I'll try to keep it relatively short compared to some.

Well I was gonna post some shit about my younger years, but I decided not to.

I'm currently 18, 19 in September, and I recently graduated from High School. I'm gonna be going to a community college for two years, which is paid off 100% with grants. I’ll be going there to get the basic classes out of the way. After I get my associates degree I'm going to go onto Penn State to get my Bachelors degree in architecture. If I get an architecture job after community college I’ll go to work and hope that the company will send me to college for further education for free. I mean, who wants to spend money on college?

I think that’s enough for right now…Don’t want to put too much down and discourage people from reading.

today, i woke up 3:00 AM just to take an entrance exam. While reading the questions at the exam that lasted five hours, i suddenly saw a phrase "Everybody loves Raymond" i laughed a bit. Thank God no one looked at me and say "WTF?". Now i feel very tired and brain-dead. gtg for now, Ar-v needs rest

today, i woke up 3:00 AM just to take an entrance exam. While reading the questions at the exam that lasted five hours, i suddenly saw a phrase "Everybody loves Raymond" i laughed a bit. Thank God no one looked at me and say "WTF?". Now i feel very tired and brain-dead. gtg for now, Ar-v needs rest

Fuck waking up that early for a damn test. Now, waking up at 3 just to watch Chris Rock. Now, that's worth it and that's why I just did it!

Fuck waking up that early for a damn test. Now, waking up at 3 just to watch Chris Rock. Now, that's worth it and that's why I just did it!

lolz :lolbounce: . thats worth it

yay! no fuckin classes today... for some political reasons and a typhoon ravaging the northern part of my country :(

i wake up around 5:00 AM and i've been alone here in our home for some four hours now :P

by any chance did you watch any adult rated material while you were conveniantly alone in the house?

lol, how do ya know? well i think, it is the first thing that will appear in your mind when your alone in your home :hurrhurr:

well, today was a pretty fun.

while going back home with some of couple of my buddies, we passed a house with some ferocious three dogs went outside and chased me and my friend who is very very afraid of dogs, i was laughing aloud while trying to defend my friend. after that, he felt very tired and kinda want to rest but i was able to convince him to go straight back to his home, what an awesome experience :D

well, i went on a school pilgrimage yesterday... we went to various old churches in a neighboring province in north... i got some pics but i think i won't upload it for now :(

its been a nice day for me, even my protestant buddy (i have some protestant classmates even though i study in a catholic school) was amazed by the churches. but i'm tired rightnow

Skated at my highschool with a few friends yesterday, that was cool. Plus I finally hardflipped the loading dock. ^_^

Today though, I woke up way to damn early, and just have been watching the Olympics. Though today I've dedcided to fully beat LCS, so yay.

Cool, you skateboard. I've been skateboarding lately, but I'm not that great. My friends skateboard for a week and then get bored of it and then I have no one to skateboard with. I've been skateboarding for about 6 years, but I could never hold onto it enough to get any good.

Skated at my highschool with a few friends yesterday, that was cool. Plus I finally hardflipped the loading dock. ^_^

Today though, I woke up way to damn early, and just have been watching the Olympics. Though today I've dedcided to fully beat LCS, so yay.

Cool, you skateboard. I've been skateboarding lately, but I'm not that great. My friends skateboard for a week and then get bored of it and then I have no one to skateboard with. I've been skateboarding for about 6 years, but I could never hold onto it enough to get any good.

Nice to see another member here that skates.

Yeah, I've been skating seriously for about 9 months now but I've been quiting and starting again since I was 4 or some shit. Sorry you can't skate with your friends, gotta be tough. For the most part I hate skating alone and haha, don't worry about not being good or whatever. I consider myself a mediocre skater but you do what you like to do and that's all that matters....

I'll be posting pics of skating when I can find my battery charger for my camera, and I'm saving up for a nice video camera and fisheye so I'll definitley post the vids.

Edited by Nate14

Nice to see another member here that skates.

Yeah, I've been skating seriously for about 9 months now but I've been quiting and starting again since I was 4 or some shit. Sorry you can't skate with your friends, gotta be tough. For the most part I hate skating alone and haha, don't worry about not being good or whatever. I consider myself a mediocre skater but you do what you like to do and that's all that matters....

I'll be posting pics of skating when I can find my battery charger for my camera, and I'm saving up for a nice video camera and fisheye so I'll definitley post the vids.

Cool, I'd like to see what you could do.

I could always make a video of the small stuff that I could do.

Here's a list

caveman(variations) (90% mastered)

Fingerflip (still) (80% mastered)

pop shuv-it/shuv-it (50% mastered)

toeside railstand (80% mastered)

casper(already in railstand stance) (30% mastered)

Not much that I could do and I'm not too good with really any of them. I've at least done them once...or just barely.

Damn, you can caveman? :awecry:

I've never been able to caveman for some odd reason.....

Anyway, here's a list of what I can do:

kickflip

kickflip-crossfoot

f/s flip

b/s flip

heelflip

fakie ollie 180 pivot

fakie ollie north

one-footed shuvit

shuvit

pop shuvit

bigspin

fakie bigspin

hardflip

I probably could add a few more tricks in there if I wasn't so tired but that's an aright outline of what I can do.. I'm trying to get down my tre flips and b/s heelflips. Plus anything switch lol..

Oh and I'm absolutely horrible at grinding. These days though I'm trying to get good at it, I did my first 5-0 yesterday. :P

edit: to make my list more like yours, I pretty much can do everything on my list about 90% of the time.

Edited by Nate14

Haha, after I figured out how to ollie, things came pretty quick. But yeah, it's a caveman. Idk, I just can't do it. I don't even try them anymore but being able to do them would be nice. I could make some creative lines with them...

I could always make a video and show you exactly what I do to land it.

Explaining how to do it on here might be a little difficult, but I could try.

---------------------------------

If you ride regular drop it behind you with your left hand, if you ride goofy drop it behind you with your right hand.

before you drop it, jump up and bend your knees and pretty much place the board directly under your feet as close to your feet as possible.

Once you see that the board is under your feet, extend your legs to catch it and land.

-Hopefully that helps.

I'll post some pictures or something if you want.

Maybe you could help me out with some of the tricks you could do.

Yeah, a video or something would be cool actually. Be cool just to watch a video of a TGTAP member. :P

For some reason I always mess up with the landing. My footing usually gets fucked up and then I just don't land it. I swear it's the weirdest thing ever, and I just feel completely dumb lol.

And yeah dude, I could definitley try and help you out or something with some tricks if you need help with certain ones. I don't know every trick in the book but I should be able to help.