Big Community Thread

Chris

Yeah, a video or something would be cool actually. Be cool just to watch a video of a TGTAP member. :P

For some reason I always mess up with the landing. My footing usually gets fucked up and then I just don't land it. I swear it's the weirdest thing ever, and I just feel completely dumb lol.

And yeah dude, I could definitley try and help you out or something with some tricks if you need help with certain ones. I don't know every trick in the book but I should be able to help.

Ok, I'll make a video tomorrow...it's a little late right now.

I've been trying to do kickflips and I either get high enough above the board, but then it doesn't flip all the way. When I get it to flip all the way, I don't get high enough from the board.

Do you have any tips on that?

Hmmm, can you ollie fairly high? If not I'd try to perfect your ollies( gaps/ollying over things/stair sets)just in case....

Where do you position your feet? That might kind of mess up your flipping of the board so just have your back foot hanging off the edge a little bit and your front foot should be at a slight angle right before your front bolts and lots of your foot'll be off the board. But you can of course be a little different then that if it feels more comfortable...

I'm an exact example of that because my feet are a little small, so I have my front foots not as close to the front bolts,.

But uhm, basically..... when you're feeling comfortable on your board:

begin to ollie by snapping your back foot down

but when you're sliding your front foot up, you slide it up and to the side

don't kick your front foot down, though that might make your board flip better, it's what make most people not be able to get their front foot back on the board.

so like I said, flip it up and to the side, and when you slide it off the side it should be going off right where your pocket is and your pocket is right when your board has that slight slope

so whhen you're doing that, you should be trying to jump high with your back foot and then suck your legs up which is what makes you get higher and it looks nice

if you do that correctly you should have a nice flip

so when you start to see the grip tape again, you straighten your legs back on the board and stick 'em on the board, which'll stop the flip

and them hopefully you'll land. :)

Idk, hope that helps.

Haha, you were right. It is tough to explain on here...

Edited by Nate14

I've pretty much mastered the ollie, but I wasn't too sure on the foot placement for the kickflip. I heard a lot of different things, but I don't think I heard about having the back foot hang off a little. My back foot might be getting in the way when it's all the way on.

Do you get the flip because you're flipping it with your front foot or is it because you're some what leaning off of the board in the direction of the flip?

Edited by Harwood Butcher

Unless other people are getting something out of this, I actually think we can just talk about this through pm's. Pictures and videos are another story becuase I'm sure the members would like to see, but yeah I've noticed we've been the only ones talking about it on here ya' know so unless this is actually ok to do, lets pm lol.

I'll ask Chris about it.

Sorry about the back foot thing, I forgotthats more for varialflips.....

alright pic of the foot positioning.

And I'm pretty sure it's because your front foot flips it. Not completely sure though coz I've never thought about it. Why do you ask?

Edited by Nate14

:wtf: The best thing I've ever done on a skateboard is sit on it down a hill :lol: I can't skateboard for shit, I can even play football/soccer better than I can skateboard. I've never actually been a huge fan of skateboarding, I've never liked it to be honest. I've been more interested in other hobbies such as Basketball and Football. I have done Rugby before but it did get rather boring too.

Anyway, it is almost 1 PM and I am shattered, I can't be bothered doing much today even if it is Sunday. My mum and my sister is doing up the Dining, laying wood down on the floor, painting etc. So I am going to wait until I can actually access MY PC, I'm on another computer at the moment. I've been watching the Olympics and noticed that Great Britain picked up it's first gold medal, a slow start for the UK.

I ripped half the skin off my right asscheek attempting to drop into a half pipe. A video is in existence...somewhere.

Oh gee, sorry 'bout the asscheeck. :P

Where was the halfpipe?

Hmmmm had an intense 'band' session on Rock Band today, finally FD'ed "Queen of the Stone Age - Go With the Flow" on EXPERT. My arm wants to fall of sortah now though..

I choked today on a peice of chicken, that f***ing sucked. >.<

Edited by Nate14

Hmmmm had an intense 'band' session on Rock Band today, finally FD'ed "Queen of the Stone Age - Go With the Flow" on EXPERT. My arm wants to fall of sortah now though..

I choked today on a peice of chicken, that f***ing sucked. >.<

LOL, so random. :lolbounce:

I didn't really do anything today. I made that "How to cavemen" video and then went to the mall...came back home and fell to sleep and just woke up 10-15 minutes ago.

@Butcher-

When do you think you'll be able to put that video on here?

Hmmm, spent the night at my friends house last night. Basically consisted of laughing at some people that were really high, getting a boner from Ross landing a sexy varial heelflip off the EHS six, some boxing, and tons of hot pockets... and today we played Rock Band, which was cool and Resident Evil 4 which was intense.

I'm tired as fu** though coz I'm still not breathing too great....

edit: Hah, yeah. I guess that was a bit random of me too say.

Edited by Nate14

The half pipe was one of those travelling ones...

Basically a bunch of us go to town hall, sign a petition for a trial ramp to be set up... if we don't loiter / set it on fire / graffiti it / people / their kids / cars / dogs...they build a perma one. Unfortunately, out of the 21 days we had it... 19 resulted in police presence.

About 12 people got injured, one me. Several mountain bikes got buckled wheels / crunched, a couple boards snapped, and many a joint smoked (prior to ramp use)

We never saw it again.

The half pipe was one of those travelling ones...

Basically a bunch of us go to town hall, sign a petition for a trial ramp to be set up... if we don't loiter / set it on fire / graffiti it / people / their kids / cars / dogs...they build a perma one. Unfortunately, out of the 21 days we had it... 19 resulted in police presence.

About 12 people got injured, one me. Several mountain bikes got buckled wheels / crunched, a couple boards snapped, and many a joint smoked (prior to ramp use)

We never saw it again.

That sucks. There was supposed to be a skate park like, 2 blocks away from my house. I put in $230 and yeah, there are baseball diamonds there. I hate baseball.

Currently there's one being built, but I guess whoever is building it needs about $400,000....... so the skatepark currently is a big chunk of land, that's dirt.

So I have to go to the crappy Arcata Skatepark and the few good skate spots in town.

@Butcher-

When do you think you'll be able to put that video on here?

Well I made the video the other day, I just need to get it onto my computer, edit it a little, then I'll put it on one of my many Youtube channels.

After I made it, I searched Youtube for some "How to caveman" videos and found a couple and each of them teach different ways of doing them. My way of doing it is a little different...

I'll post the video in the skateboarding topic.

Lol skateboarding. I used to do that.

What's going on in my life atm? Um. Well i'm currently doing home study through correspondence and working part time at the supermarket. I'm saving up so I can move out of home cause i'm having a shit time here. Then in January I want to move down to the bottom of New Zealand where I was born to flat with my sister. Then I want to go to uni.

So yeah. Lot's of preparation and planning going on.

damn, just arrived home from the school, the nurse at the school told me to go home because i had sore eyes.... :(

now its 11:30 and i'm supposed to be home at 4:00 PM. lol lots of time wasted

but when i arrived at our house and looked on the mirror, it is completely fine...

btw, its nice, i got to do a lot of projects and assignments with fucking exams coming on thursday