Big Community Thread

Chris

In other health-related news, I collapsed during PE today while trying to run a mile, aka 20 laps around the gym. I started walking after the fourth lap and finally passed out during the 17th. I was wheezing and cursing at everyone in sight because I literally couldn't fucking do it! Crappy heart + emaciated physique + no breakfast = falling flat on my face and having to be dragged to the nearest water fountain.

I used to hate PE at school except for when we done football or cricket or tennis. Other than that everything about it was crap especially athletics, everything about that was crap, I never skipped PE only one year where my timetable was built so that I have PE first two hours on a Tuesday morning, I just use to wake up late and come to school at 11. Never got in trouble with it as well.

I used to hate PE at school except for when we done football or cricket or tennis. Other than that everything about it was crap especially athletics, everything about that was crap, I never skipped PE only one year where my timetable was built so that I have PE first two hours on a Tuesday morning, I just use to wake up late and come to school at 11. Never got in trouble with it as well.

Wow, you played Tennis and Cricket at School?

Ah, for some reason, I can never eat at the morning on school days, it makes me sick.

How big is your gym btw?

Wtf. Same here. I never eat in the morning on school days because of that.

As for p.e. - Last year when I had it, I just took the fitness and health part instead of stupid recreational team sport thing so I just went to the weight room or ran the track and I actually liked it a fucking lot. Was immensely easy to get anyway with doing nothing and if I didn't want to slack off, then I simply didn't..

I always hated Cricket, I could never hit the ball. However, the fielding part of it I liked, because I could run after the ball. Running - short distance, 200M and 400M, Football, Tennis, even though I suck at it, Basketball, and maybe Rugby, I like. I always did every PE lesson when possible, simply because I could mess around with my mates, and just have a great game of whatever it was we were doing. I have a couple of football medals and trophies from when I was in the Brentford Juniors. A proud moment was having our photo taken with the Brentford first team, that was cool. A long time ago now, I barely remember it. I also have a hockey medal, from when I was on holiday at Potters Leusire Resort in England. I just decided to join in the game, along with my cousin and a few of his mates, and won the medal after a couple of games. The guy who gave it to me, Buzzby, has been on TV a few times. :) They also have a Youtube account - http://www.youtube.com/user/PottersLeisureResort

^

Yeah, dont you like cricket or tennis or something? We used to play tennis on a hard court and play cricket on the astro turf. For football we played on the field, these were the only sports I truly enjoyed playing at school.

It's not that, I actually play tennis, it's just that only really good like private schools here, get stuff like that, my school has tiny shitty football field and that's it, pretty much.

Was just surprised, must be awesome to have a tennis court....

Edited by Ivan

Back to school yesterday. :(

Actually it wasn't that bad, next week I might be watching my old school be demolished. It's weird, I'm now a senior in a completely different school, we got a new school constructed over the past two years and it just opened. I was given a tour of it on Thursday but that wasn't a school day. Now I have to show these new S1s their way around. So I've started my higher course which resembles the English A levels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently, the student body president actually got a guitar club started at school and signed me up. I thought he was asking me to be the manager for his shitty band and that's what I thought I would be doing. I should start paying attention to what friends ask of me. Oh well, it'll be a fun way to waste Tuesday afternoons.

I'm going to be starting archery lessons in October for the Duke of Edinburgh Silver award, it should be fun but it's only for one month. I don't know if they do courses past the beginner's course, I assume they do. I haven't found anything yet for the volunteering because the award is so popular here and there are 6 high schools within Falkirk town and we only have around 15 charity shops. My friends and I are thinking about doing some fundraising or doing something about the local environment.

For the skill I am going to be practicing my Keyboard skills for 12 months, should be easy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently, the student body president actually got a guitar club started at school and signed me up. I thought he was asking me to be the manager for his shitty band and that's what I thought I would be doing. I should start paying attention to what friends ask of me. Oh well, it'll be a fun way to waste Tuesday afternoons.

Hey man, that's cool. We got a guitar club running this year at my school too. It's nice too, I never would of known that there were so many guitarists and a few really good ones at my school. We've been split up into category's too(but can play with whoever we want really. I don't get the category thing tbh haha)and I'm in the advanced category. Kinda stoked on that. It's fun jamming people and helping beginners out. We have 'em on Thursday lunches.

Edited by Nate10

I feel quite proud today. I had a look at the Hitman 2 soundtrack on iTunes, and there's a link to an iMix there, which is a compilation of songs you can make yourself and then publish so others can listen and maybe buy some. Well, the top rated iMix is my one, called 'Different Song Mixes'. :D My description of it is:

This is an iMix designed to open your ears to new types of music, and hopefully you'll take interest in one or two of them. I don't expect you to like every artist, this is basically a compilation.

So, how many iMixes do you have on iTunes, on full view for everyone to see? :D There's only a few Hitman 2 songs on there, but I selected probably the best ones.

If you have iTunes, click this link and it'll take you there - http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewIMix?id=334850275&s=143444

Hey y'all.

Yeah. life. Hopefully in a few weeks when I'm on xMas break I'll be a touch more active. Got a shitton planned though... Planning a mini road - trip to Swanage from Bedford spanning a couple days to see an old work friend who recently got engaged. That on top of the usual family stuff, preparation for Uni / Fdtn. Degree / Something, compiling a portfolio, web building, and sleep.Oh and partying....loooots of partying.

If anyone's between me and said route around xMas time, would be sweet to meet up an have a pint or somethin'.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not that anybody cares lol but

It's the *last year of high-school* for me and so far I achieved: getting my driver's license, taking *lyohs* photos. I have some exams in the next couple of months and I have to think what I'm gonna do next, chosing the College I want to go and so on. Plus the tuxedo/costume picking for what some call Senior Prom at the end of the scholar year and many other stuff related to that ultimate "party" and the end to a great stage of life.

Plus taking advantage of class times -> having fun at school basically, hangin' out with mates, partying, going to Church from time to time.

Small and big decisions have to be made these months but I'm ok.

On a smaller scale I'm preparing for a party I'll throw this week-end for my 18th birthday ( even tough it was a month ago ).

Not that anybody cares lol but

It's the *last year of high-school* for me and so far I achieved: getting my driver's license, taking *lyohs* photos. I have some exams in the next couple of months and I have to think what I'm gonna do next, chosing the College I want to go and so on. Plus the tuxedo/costume picking for what some call Senior Prom at the end of the scholar year and many other stuff related to that ultimate "party" and the end to a great stage of life.

Plus taking advantage of class times -> having fun at school basically, hangin' out with mates, partying, going to Church from time to time.

Small and big decisions have to be made these months but I'm ok.

On a smaller scale I'm preparing for a party I'll throw this week-end for my 18th birthday ( even tough it was a month ago ).

I care, like a lot.

Anyway, not much going on, I changed School, I'm in a crappy class in the 10th grade with the few friends I had, gone.