Big Community Thread

Chris

Ask her to define what music is, then prove that your songs don't fit the description.

Simple, music cannot be defined but by a vary broad and extemely unspecific manner. Just look at what Google has to say on the matter.

Definition of Music

That alone should tell you something. Music can be defined by so many different standards. But when you really get down to it, it's artistic value is nothing but perception. We all see things differently. Music, because of this, is whatever we make it, and whatever we want it to be. One of the loosest definitions I could find was pretty much saying organized noise and maybe vocals. I'm positive your tracks stay within those limitations. Your songs ARE "real" music.

And remember, perception is reality.

anyone here hate wiggers? You know, those annoying white kids wearing thier gold (which is as real as micheal jacksons nose btw) and cap backwards and acting all tough shit. I told a bunch of 12 year olds standing in a corner to f*** off and look in the mirror. They were all like "omg nig.ggaz stuf fag lololz" and I was all like you're as black as a cup of milk and they stfu'd and I was all like hahahahah

That was the whole point of the stripsody to prove that music can be anything. It was just annoying yet very funny at the same time. Its just a pain to make notes on this piece when its just lots of words and noises. It was pretty amusing though. There was another peice we learn about, can not remeber for the life of me the composers name where he has a man in tails sit at a piano, sit there and then get up and bow. Very clever to show how silence is still music but I would be hacked off if I paid god knows to see that.

Im writing a novel and when I had writers block a piece of music "Life and death" from lost soundtrack, please dont scoff its a beautiful piece of music seriously inspired me.

Edited by I just shot a bear

anyone here hate wiggers? You know, those annoying white kids wearing thier gold (which is as real as micheal jacksons nose btw) and cap backwards and acting all tough shit. I told a bunch of 12 year olds standing in a corner to f*** off and look in the mirror. They were all like "omg nig.ggaz stuf fag lololz" and I was all like you're as black as a cup of milk and they stfu'd and I was all like hahahahah

I want to hang them all. And all the other gang bangin' ignorant twats.

That was the whole point of the stripsody to prove that music can be anything. It was just annoying yet very funny at the same time. Its just a pain to make notes on this piece when its just lots of words and noises. It was pretty amusing though. There was another peice we learn about, can not remeber for the life of me the composers name where he has a man in tails sit at a piano, sit there and then get up and bow. Very clever to show how silence is still music but I would be hacked off if I paid god knows to see that.

Im writing a novel and when I had writers block a piece of music "Life and death" from lost soundtrack, please dont scoff its a beautiful piece of music seriously inspired me.

Ha, that's pretty f***in' funny. The whole piano thing. It's something I'd do.

Na he isnt good looking. This is awful to say but I would never go out with him. He is way too over bearing and that annoys me. I was touched when he was very concerned about my eating (lost appetite not starving myself) and he said I was perfect.

You havn't said anything about him in a while. Then again, havn't been on MSN all that much. You see him at all anymore?

I hate highschool. It's pretty much full of ugly bitches that like to start drama. :|

Well yeah kind of, basically the merge feature puts all the posts together and lists them in order of time posted. So everything will still be in order but some posts in between direct replies might look a bit funny.

Or double posts >.O

So yeah. Looks like it is time for me to sleep, trying to get my girlfriend to agree to coming over tomorrow, going to a Halloween party, staying the night at my house, then going to a photoshoot on Saturday. And watching Saw II, of course, becuase she still hasn't seen it.

Lol.It's so much better then learning stem and leaf plots and box-n-whisker plots all day in the 7th grade.-Man,I could learn more watching Comedy Central or VH1 for an hour while school here where I am is 7 hours.

......... You're complaining about pretty much DRAWING BOXES in SEVENTH GRADE? Heh. I'll love to hear how much you enjoy high school. XD

Gaarrrrrrrrr I resent them even more now >.< . Im praying you can give up one part of preforming arts, that means bye bye music :hi: and bye bye Beatles hahahaha. I have o say its better than listeing to the stripsody. The Striposody is a bizarre woman perfroming onomatepia. So I have to listen to three minutes every lesson of "BANG, snore, stomp, miaow, sigh OMG!!! Its superman!" >.<

Are you one of those people that only see one type of music as enjoyable or talented?

Well that music sounds like decent fun. It probably wouldn't suit my taste, but it's more fun than science. On my music we study ancient music atm. We've actually heard a few songs, that were really fun and everyone was laughing, but after that it's just a lot of classical music >_<

Bah, that classic music just makes me nervous. I can't imagine how it relaxes some people while they say that metal gives makes them all nervous and greedy. I find it just different way. f***in stereotypes!

Okay so yesterday for croatian we had to find one of more works with dark/night theme. She said any art is allowed. Some people brought pictures (that were apstract btw, man, 3 or 4 lines don't make a picture imo, I could've made them myself in a minute,a nd they weren't themed as they should've been) but most people have brought poems. Some have brought songs (folk, not to mention I hate it with my heart and soul, and that effin teacher said she hates it too) and some have brought classical ones. So, when it came to me, I said I found Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden and Darkness by Disturbed. I was the only one who brought something like that, don't worry.

So now, that bitch told me that those are not actually real songs and that that's not real music. So imagine that stupid bitch, she accepted turbofolk, which she previously said she hates, but says that my choice isn't real music.

As a proof how stupid and short-minded is she, she said that Maidens are heavy metal. Now firts, Iron Maiden hasn't made ONE metal song, not to mention with the attribute "heavy". They're hard rock/rock. Besides, Fear of the Dark is slow rock, while Darkness is even slower.

So now tell me, what do you think? Why are pictures with 3 lines or horrible music art, but metal isn't??? Besides, that was rock, and I'm sure I could convince her that Killing Time by Metallica is a love poem, since only on the sound of something that people relate to heavy metal, and they don't know shit about it and they're wrong, she automatically discriminates me and music I like. Well atleast I hope you've bothered to read this, I'm off.

Wow, that teacher is lucky it wasn't me..... I'd own her ass soooo badly.

Nope didnt pick it and I didnt do art gcse either. Im doing music because its part of the performaning arts A level Im doing.

Compltly offtopic I dyed my hair blue/black and Ive got a family dinner Thursday that will be fun haha. Espically when I see my dad, he is already in a very bad mood with me already so that will be fun. I think he just hates the person I am.

I tried dying my hair blue. Let's just say that didn't work too well..... I now have black, blue, brown, blonde, and I think some white.... Oh, and green((blue fades fast in Florida....)).

Yes oh yes.High school. >.<

I like all different types of genres, Im just bored that we only get to learn about one type in music and its bizarre.

With my hair when I need to dye my roots im gonna keep dying it the colour Ive got but have blue highlights. Somwething different, I get bored of my hair so quickly. I can hardly dye it many colours as my hair is naturally very dark brown, almost black.

Ya.I like a bit of everything besides country,pop and the new rap scene.God the new rap sucks,the beat sucks,the lyrics suck and lie cause I know they are not gangbangers,and they're ever so popular!They say one line the whole song which is really anoying too.

I like most type of music, I dont really like R&B and hip hop though. It just doesnt appeal to me, my friends love it and they call me their little rock chick. All I say is Im their Indie rock chick haha. R&B drives me crazy though as it sounds the same to me but then again so does reggae but I like UB40 and dont get bored of that.