A Growing Forum, We are

Your probably going to think im really waffling on about random crap, but these are my feelings about the forums at the moment.

I was just looking back at theold forums and I cant help but notice how much we have grown.

Back on 10th January 2004 we had 273 members, now we have 2,287

Back then we had 28,897 posts now we have 46,489 and thats with restarting the forums aswell

Back then we were on IPB 1.3 now we're on 2.0.4

However, back then we were a really small community, less n00bs, less arguments, less spam. But now we've grown, we need something to make the forums special again, im not talking new skins or mods but just a better atmosphere, more active members and maybe a couple more moderators.

We need more events, competitions and friendly people, those divide a forum between a discussion board and a community.

What im trying to get at is people sign up on a forum maybe due to the skin or features but people stay at a forum for the people and atmosphere.

So before you flame new members that are completely new to the whole forum business, before you rank yourselves above people because you have more posts and before you pick an argument just to amuse yourself, think about the effect on the community

P.S Is there a Cali Skin for 2.0 and where did cc17 go

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss orangegreey skin and I've only been here since april fools.

We need more good members, not people who post in GTA general discussion with crap and then leave.

The old forum was more active, no?

and on another note, why the hell is EVERYONEposting in the DS private chat? lol

Edited by Akuma

Yeah.. I REALLY want caliskin back. I miss it  : (

It'd bring back memories like crazy.. like Pyro and  Outpost 31 :P

But yeah, we ( or I )do want ( I dont think we really NEED members too badly ) some more active members.. that arn't like Tondi or Mgilb..

Yeah. Fun times. Definetly the more fun days of TGTAP.

No commentation..

But yeah. Good members would be.. good.

As opposed to bad members being bad?

why the hell is EVERYONEposting in the DS private chat?

It's a popular place. ^_^

Even Geno has the password to the DS forum, it seems everyone does.

There aren't that many active membes that come here that aren't staff that come here often.

There should be a bumped class, of say, activeish privelagedish members with lots of posts and activity. Sorts out noobs from um... pros.

There is a caliskin for ipb2 and we have it so only admins can use it because it has bugs and stuff and the font is tiny so we need to get it sorted out.

Thing is though, soon as I use it I'll get slated by gtawh fanboys for plagiarising a free to use skin which we had before gtawh anyway.

That makes no fucking sense at all does it but its what will most likely happening.

CC17 goes to boarding school so hes only ever on in the holidays

We will have a sort of veterans/priveledged members forum for all the awesome people (me) :P

"less spam" - not really I'd say its the same amount, I mean out of those 28k posts about 5k of them were insane_pyro's, mostly all offtopic stuff too.

"We need more events and competitions" - yeah. Sort it out then. I'm really busy until the October 21st when school is out for a couple of weeks, so until then I have school work, plus 2, possibly 3 other websites to work on. I'm sure you can sort shit out by yourselves, and remember both millermagic and xenon have admin access so they can do stuff if needed.

Also, since we'll hopefully be improving the gang system soon, I'd rather you guys all didn't use the DS forum as a social gathering, it's for gang members and their private discussion only.

I'll be changing the password to it.

We supposedly need to be easier on genuine new members so they arent discouraged from coming here. True.

I think I answered all the problems didn't I?

Even Geno has the password to the DS forum, it seems everyone does.

There aren't that many active membes that come here that aren't staff that come here often.

There should be a bumped class, of say, activeish privelagedish members with lots of posts and activity. Sorts out noobs from um... pros.

Yeah, Geno was a Dragon at one time I do believe.

There is a caliskin for ipb2 and we have it so only admins can use it because it has bugs and stuff and the font is tiny so we need to get it sorted out.

Also, since we'll hopefully be improving the gang system soon, I'd rather you guys all didn't use the DS forum as a social gathering, it's for gang members and their private discussion only.

I'll be changing the password to it.

GTAWH is currently using the CaliSkin for 2.0 and it's looking pretty good. You could talk to WizZ to see what he's found and see if he knows a bug you don't, or if you know a bug he doesn't. He also took pretty good care of that small font problem. I really suggest you speak to him. Isn't that what the "community" is about? Helping your fellow fansite?

And the only recent conversations in my private boards I've seen((I'll check it out after this post)) were by legitimate DS members. Except the post by YOU, Chris. ;)

GTAWH is currently using the CaliSkin for 2.0 and it's looking pretty good. You could talk to WizZ to see what he's found and see if he knows a bug you don't, or if you know a bug he doesn't. He also took pretty good care of that small font problem. I really suggest you speak to him. Isn't that what the "community" is about? Helping your fellow fansite?

And the only recent conversations in my private boards I've seen((I'll check it out after this post)) were by legitimate DS members. Except the post by YOU, Chris. ;)

But GwizZ thinks there isn't an ssi.php file for IPB2 when there is and you reckon he knows of more bugs than I do? No offence of anything but... you know. I'll speak to him anyway and tell him there is an ssi.php file and stuff.

Also, can everyone please check out the topic I'm about to make about IBStore in this forum ;)