tyler

How realistic do you want GTA4?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How realistic do you want GTA4?

• I want it as realistic as possible
    • Way more realistic than San Andreas
    • A little more realistic than San Andreas
    • Less realistic than San Andreas
    • As little realism as possible, it makes it more fun)

Keep it the same. Are the peds and cops stupid? Yeah, very, but who cares? It's fun to watch cops run against a wall to try and get you!

NO eating to stay alive. NO marriage. NO kids. NO maintaining your house. NO having to keep money in the bank or keep weapons at home because of size. ABSOLUTLY NOTHING THAT MAKES IT LIKE THE SIMS!

Amen Spaz. I like the buying clothes and entering tons of buildings, but I didn't like going on 12,000 dates with some skank in San Andreas just to get some clothes. The girlfriend perks and rewards should have been given to you with the events that are similer in game. For example, for completing the paramedic missions, you should get health, no wasted weapon loss, and the medic suit. That would be better. The Getaway prefers realism to fun. Tell me that just because GTA is not realistic that it is not better than The Getaway. If you can't answer that, then GTA is not for you.

i think it is pretty good in san andreas, but could b just a little more realistic on the next generation consoles, because remember the GTA series, is based on playability, depth, and well known for its humorous gameplay, and with too much realism, we wouldn't have this, i mean look at cock rock (the penis shaped rock in the desert) how well would that fit in if the graphics looked like driver 3 or some other corny rip off of the best series of all time GTA, or even the cocky, and helarious phrases of pedestrians like on GTAIII "my mothers my sister", or GTASA "o boy a shoot out just like the wild west" that just wouldn't work, and another good example is woozy (he is bling) and beats cj at video games, and helariously walks into a wall in a mission clip..so theres my opinion, hope you all agree

i think it is pretty good in san andreas, but could b just a little more realistic on the next generation consoles, because remember the GTA series, is based on playability, depth, and well known for its humorous gameplay, and with too much realism, we wouldn't have this, i mean look at cock rock (the penis shaped rock in the desert) how well would that fit in if the graphics looked like driver 3 or some other corny rip off of the best series of all time GTA, or even the cocky, and helarious phrases of pedestrians like on GTAIII "my mothers my sister", or GTASA "o boy a shoot out just like the wild west" that just wouldn't work, and another good example is woozy (he is bling) and beats cj at video games, and helariously walks into a wall in a mission clip..so theres my opinion, hope you all agree

i dont really understand what youre trying to say

Mind typing in English for us?

Mind typing in English for us?

ya that was kind of weird what you said. :wacko:

sorry everyone complaining, idk y u dont understand that, but i meant woozie is blind not "bling" if that helps, and i was just talking about the different quotes that pedestrians say in the games. if it were to realistic, their funny quotes would sound stupid!

sorry everyone complaining, idk y u dont understand that, but i meant woozie is blind not "bling" if that helps, and i was just talking about the different quotes that pedestrians say in the games. if it were to realistic, their funny quotes would sound stupid!

now i can understand you, but why would the quotes be stupid if theyre realistic

Realism makes GTA gay.

1) Too much realism is bad for gta. If everything was upside down, purple and everybody had six heads and drove fishes instead of cars, then that wouldnt be realistic, but it wouldnt be better. :P

2) I dont really think the sexuality of a game is determined by its realism. Try saying 'boring' or 'crap' instead.

yeah, but it wouldnt hurt to make the AI way better

I dont think the AI is that bad, i mean peds walk on the pavement (sidewalk) and chat to each other, get in cars, crowd around injured people, run away from guns - all pretty basic stuff, but thats all we need. Different peds have different walks, voices, vehicles, and times of day that they're out. If they were to improve some ped aspects, i'd be happy - things like running towards a car thats hurtling towards them, and the awful things that happen when you try to squeeze through gaps/bottlenecks and they just walk back and forth trying to get past. Some of the traffic realism (driving off a bridge to let a cop car past, thus plummetting to their death) is stupid but funny. Also the whole planes spawning in mid-air with projectiles that lead them into the hillside or buildings or whatever, thats just hilarious, and the developers decided not to bugfix it. Don't get rid of these things, they're great.

just one thing about realism. remember GTA3

Remember what about GTA3? Do you mean compare it to San Andreas? If so, yes you have a good point, but the things that people complain about are still there. To me, realism is good textures and lifelike animation, NOT traffic violations and brushing your teeth. The realism of the views, landscape, buildings and cars have all improved since GTA3, so i'm happy that it'll improve on the way up to GTA4.

yeah, but it wouldnt hurt to make the AI way better

I dont think the AI is that bad, i mean peds walk on the pavement (sidewalk) and chat to each other, get in cars, crowd around injured people, run away from guns - all pretty basic stuff, but thats all we need. Different peds have different walks, voices, vehicles, and times of day that they're out. If they were to improve some ped aspects, i'd be happy - things like running towards a car thats hurtling towards them, and the awful things that happen when you try to squeeze through gaps/bottlenecks and they just walk back and forth trying to get past. Some of the traffic realism (driving off a bridge to let a cop car past, thus plummetting to their death) is stupid but funny. Also the whole planes spawning in mid-air with projectiles that lead them into the hillside or buildings or whatever, thats just hilarious, and the developers decided not to bugfix it. Don't get rid of these things, they're great.

peds only run from guns if you fire them. they should run if they see them out

Remember what about GTA3? Do you mean compare it to San Andreas? If so, yes you have a good point, but the things that people complain about are still there. To me, realism is good textures and lifelike animation, NOT traffic violations and brushing your teeth. The realism of the views, landscape, buildings and cars have all improved since GTA3, so i'm happy that it'll improve on the way up to GTA4.

yes, I think about comparing it with SA. Cmon, we were happy with that non-realism when the GTA3 came out, and now we want to turn GTA into Sims :ph34r:

yes, I think about comparing it with SA. Cmon, we were happy with that non-realism when the GTA3 came out, and now we want to turn GTA into Sims :ph34r:

thats not what i was suggesting at all

If you want the Sims, get the Sims. I can see why people would like to see GTA brought a bit more down to human level, getting a job, buying cars, looking after your appearence. But really, that isnt what Grand Theft Auto is about. Its a cross between a First-Person Shooter (or a 3PS to be exact) and a personal character game. It follows a storyline of missions, but you can go off and do whatever the hell you want to, which usually amounts to driving without regard for other drivers or pedestrians, and making good use of the wide weaponry you are provided with.

If it gets to the point where missions are taking your poodle for a walk, convincing your manager you need a pay rise, and choosing the colour of carpet for your house, then something is wrong. The whole girlfriends thing in SA was too far in the wrong direction. We want big loud guns and fighter jets, not taking our girlfriends on a date to Ten Green Bottles.

GTA is NOT about real life, its about doing things you CAN'T do in real life. If you want to be busted for parking on a double yellow line, go and park your own car on it, you get to go to a real court - much more realistic. You CANNOT kill fifty people in real life by driving down the footpath/sidewalk instead of the road. You CAN'T infiltrate a secret military base and steal a jetpack. You CAN'T walk into a quarry and use the crane. You CAN'T fly your Harrier jump-jet around the city and fire rockets into the police HQ. These things we have NO chance of doing in real life, and if we did it wouldn't be fun because there are repercussions. I don't like going to prison for fifteen years cos i drove over a pedestrian, so I shouldn't have to do that in the game. Cop chases are fun, and thats what SHOULD be in the game, for when you shoot other cops, NOT for parking.

If GTA4 becomes a 'living your real life' game, its going to lose all its appeal, and just be a hi-tech sims game with a massive area to roam. We want the detail of the Sims, with the outrageous gameplay of Grand Theft Auto. The result? GTA Four.

I agree 90% with Xenon, or Zino.

The ability the date a girl in the game was considered one of the extra features. I mean, you could just totally ignore it, nothing would really happen to your character, right? RockStar put these things into the game just for those who find it interesting, (I'll admit 'those' was not many, though) but they're just trying out new things. But features like clothings, body physiques and haircuts shouldn't be removed, most people love them, they're to personalise your character, but then again, you can ignore them, too, BUT if they could have this feature in the game, why not? For those who like them.

Off topic: Wow, I used three "But"s in one sentence, someone correct that. Cos I can't.

The ability the date a girl in the game was considered one of the extra features. I mean, you could just totally ignore it, nothing would really happen to your character, right? RockStar put these things into the game just for those who find it interesting, (I'll admit 'those' was not many, though) but they're just trying out new things. But features like clothings, body physiques and haircuts shouldn't be removed, most people love them, they're to personalise your character, but then again, you can ignore them, too, BUT if they could have this feature in the game, why not? For those who like them.

yes keep all feature from SA in, even eating and becoming a plump, and make tattoos and haircuts custumizable, and name brand clothes

Off topic: Wow, I used three "But"s in one sentence, someone correct that. Cos I can't.

what do ya mean?