tyler

How realistic do you want GTA4?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How realistic do you want GTA4?

• I want it as realistic as possible
    • Way more realistic than San Andreas
    • A little more realistic than San Andreas
    • Less realistic than San Andreas
    • As little realism as possible, it makes it more fun)

When i see realistic i see it in graphics, or car damage, i see some people here are kinda paranoid in not wanting to see GTA4 not being realistic, but to me it would immerse me into the game much more. A living breathing world would be really great.

When i see realistic i see it in graphics, or car damage, i see some people here are kinda paranoid in not wanting to see GTA4 not being realistic, but to me it would immerse me into the game much more. A living breathing world would be really great.

so r u saying u do want it more realistic

Ya but not as realistic as people claim, I mean it wouldnt hurt for the cars not to crumple after a light touch to an object, and it wouldnt hurt GTA to have nice looking people like better looking modeled hookers ;) or how bullets hit the car, it would be nice to see the bullets leave dents in the door or something, little realism like that.

Ya but not as realistic as people claim, I mean it wouldnt hurt for the cars not to crumple after a light touch to an object, and it wouldnt hurt GTA to have nice looking people like better looking modeled hookers ;) or how bullets hit the car, it would be nice to see the bullets leave dents in the door or something, little realism like that.

thats wut i was lookin for and i want people to freak when u have a gun out or cops to chase u for traffic violations

thats wut i was lookin for and i want people to freak when u have a gun out or cops to chase u for traffic violations

The traffic violations is were it becomes too much realism. It becomes too much like Driver, which is not as fun of a game. Get it through your head that traffic laws and GTA do NOT MIX.

The traffic violations is were it becomes too much realism. It becomes too much like Driver, which is not as fun of a game. Get it through your head that traffic laws and GTA do NOT MIX.

traffic laws being in the game isn't a big deal. how about the no wanted level cheat, or how about following the law. what i was thinking is maybe not putting so much cops in the city so even though they go after u for traffic laws, u wouldnt get caught for it very much cuase there wouldnt be as many cops

Did anyone here try that mod for vice city, in the mission scripts downloads.

That was kinda cool how it made the cars need gas. don't fill up the cars much becuase; well you know...

(a car does'nt last that long) :lolbounce:

but on that note, not every car you jack has got a full tank either :whistle:

I also liked how the car doors are locked and you have to press handbrake to unlock it to let passangers in That stops the cops from opening the door you gettin busted.

That mod is good example of some things that should be in gta. for those of you who have'nt tryed it yet. download it. Its easy to install. all you have to do is take the file "main"

out of the data folder and insert the new "main" and also do the same for the american.txt.

then just start a new game.

Edited by Sabin

traffic laws being in the game isn't a big deal. how about the no wanted level cheat, or how about following the law. what i was thinking is maybe not putting so much cops in the city so even though they go after u for traffic laws, u wouldnt get caught for it very much cuase there wouldnt be as many cops

1. I don't cheat to play. Occasionally I do it for fun or if I'm just screwing around.

2. The game isn't about following the law. If I wanted to follow the law I'd go outside and drive for real.

----------------------------------

Spaz The Great @ Nov 4 2005

"The traffic violations is were it becomes too much realism. It becomes too much like Driver, which is not as fun of a game. Get it through your head that traffic laws and GTA do NOT MIX."

----------------------------------

Yeah, I agree with Spaz over there.

OFF-TOPIC: Why does the quote thingy (from my post) doesn't look like the ones you got? Oh yeah, maybe it's because my Grandparent's crappy Computer...

All I want for Realism in GTA4 are:

- better vehicle damage particles, windshield-wipers,

- the ability to watch TV shows (like the show "Just the Five of Us"),

- the characters' hands to have fingers, instead of just closed fists all the time,

- the tidal waves in San Andreas was all crap, in fact there were no tidal waves at all!

- the change of terrain (not just the feel, but the appearance also!) after vivid wheather conditions

- the police force to use hunting dogs, flashlights, and pepper sprays,

that's all!

1. I don't cheat to play. Occasionally I do it for fun or if I'm just screwing around.

2. The game isn't about following the law. If I wanted to follow the law I'd go outside and drive for real.

so dont cheat, if u see a cop dont brake a law. how about when u wanna kill someone and a cop is there, u wait till the cop leaves.

or, just get the cops on u. its so much fun to get cops on u. its actually kinda the point of the game.

or, don't even worry about it. chances r that they wont even put traffic laws in the game. if they havent started by now they probably wont. so u dont even have to worry

C.O.D.

don't worry about ur quote my computer does that to me too sumtimes. By the way, i like you ideas for more realism. especially the K-9 unit idea, and the TV shows.

actaully i noticed in LCS, the character's hands actaully move. but they still looked fake

Edited by tyler

I agree with every thing teh XENON said he is smart he knows his games well.

I think if people made the game more realistic I would not buy the game. The major reason I liek the game so much is that you can do what ever you want when ever you want if I feel the need to run over someone guess what 5 sec later he is under my tires if I want to creat a big explosion I do that. if the game was reasitstic when you die you would have to start over when you want a gun you have to wait the 3-10 day waiting period. BUt I want my gun now a shoot the own of the store in the head.

I agree with every thing teh XENON said he is smart he knows his games well.

I think if people made the game more realistic I would not buy the game. The major reason I liek the game so much is that you can do what ever you want when ever you want if I feel the need to run over someone guess what 5 sec later he is under my tires if I want to creat a big explosion I do that. if the game was reasitstic when you die you would have to start over when you want a gun you have to wait the 3-10 day waiting period. BUt I want my gun now a shoot the own of the store in the head.

Well i hope u read most of our ideas of realism in the game such as Car damage bullets and things like that, now if you dont want to get the game just cause they improve those types of things then your missing out on a great game.

Have any of you played the game called True Crime? Yeah, I did play it... It was not as fun as GTA.

But there are things that make this game "a bit" superior to the GTA series.

If you take a close look, you will see the characters in the game having hands with no

"sticky-fingaz". Not only the guys in cut-scenes, but civillians and passers-by have those kind of hands!!! Impressive, if you ask me...

And I kinda agree with chris82 right there. Why should we wait for cops to flea from the battle to kill some dumb-asses?

I also want some of the people in the Next-Gen GTA to flea away when we bring weapons. Like the women, they to flea away (run away).

And some try to kill us, rather than run away.

Here's a story (true, true! It is true!) I would tell, it happened sometime around 4 hours ago when I was sneakingly playing GTAIII and screwed around with my old savegames. Read it, it's a true story with intense storyline and details.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[T H E S T O R Y]

In GTAIII, I was launching rockets at cars and police officers, but the people of Liberty keeps punching me from the back. There was too many LC peeps, so I killed half of them. IT WAS A SWARM OF GUYS FROM LC trying to pick my eye off.

If only I had a screenshot of it, I will post it here. I also had the "weaponsforall" cheat and the "nobodylikesme", since I was only screwing around, I know some of you guys know how much fun screwing around the town is with cheats.

So the LC people were using guns like the XM16E, the AT4 "Bazooka" Anti-Tank, and Springfield sniper rifle, Including the Colt .45, AK47s, Micro Uzi, base ball bats (people with baseball bats were fried by the guys who were carrying Flamethrowers).

I was ACTUALLY KILLED BY ORDINARY pedestrians... can you believe it? You should... I was attacked from every sides, the gangs, cops, pedestrians, and even cars tried to OFF me! I think about tons of limbs scaterred around Belleville Park.

It was all chaos, guys from Cartels shooting me, cars tried to OFF me, people punching me, people launching rockets at me, it was a BLAST! I did not even have time to put-in cheat codes (health, and armor).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

THis why I liked GTAIII better than Vice City!

so dont cheat, if u see a cop dont brake a law. how about when u wanna kill someone and a cop is there, u wait till the cop leaves.

Regardless, it's a crappy idea. The basis of the game is breaking laws, not following speed limits. In GTA, you should be able to kill anyone any time, not wait until a cop "goes away."

Exactly. And besides, I don't wait for them to leave. I'll kill any mofo I want to right infront of the cop. Then I'll kill him, too.

Well Sabin, I have friends who play GTA Games too, you know. But sadly, none of them wants to lend me their GTA:SA DVD disc. But one of my friends do have GTAIII and Vice City, I was already sick with GTA:VC so I figured: Why not borrow GTAIII instead?

I borrowed it but my friend did not want it back, he is now whipped with my game Juiced~Racing, which I have a cracked version (which does not need my CD in the drive in order to play).

So basically I am currently playing GTAIII at my house, CS:S, and GTA:SA/VC at my other friend's house on the PS2