GTA4 Cover?

Scott.

I have just one question. will LCS be released for PS2, Xbox and PC too, or just for PSP? cos if yes, it should be GTA4.

btw. R* is releasing LCS for PSP tomorrow, so it's quite unusual to annouce a game before even this game comes out. I've seen first annoucements of SA about a year before it was released for PS2, a few months after the PC version of VC. it annouced only that the next GTA will probably be named GTA: San Andreas.

Yeah, they'll probably decide the cover art in a few more months yet.

Probably when most of the framework for the game is complete.

You're kidding me, right? The game cover NEVER comes this early. Both SA and LCS we didn't get for a while.

Ok, maybe quite a few months, but my point was generally right.

I have just one question. will LCS be released for PS2, Xbox and PC too, or just for PSP? cos if yes, it should be GTA4.

btw. R* is releasing LCS for PSP tomorrow, so it's quite unusual to annouce a game before even this game comes out. I've seen first annoucements of SA about a year before it was released for PS2, a few months after the PC version of VC. it annouced only that the next GTA will probably be named GTA: San Andreas.

bloody hell doesnt anyone understand *psp exclusive*

Yes GTA LCS is for PSP only - that is how it has always been marketed. That is why they have only recreated Liberty City, rather than going the whole hog making something brand new and sparkly which they are going to do for GTA4. Perhaps they will cut-down gta4 for the PSP after it has been released, but thats another few months of work.

That boxart is made by a fan, just like hundreds of others. MVI has made loads, and much bigger than that. Amazing how the PlayStation 3 logo is wrong, and the R* logo and ESRB rating are far too big, and the tiles aren't even in the correct GTA boxart style. It's a fair attempt, it just isnt the real thing. Expect to see that a month or two before the PS3 release.

If you're counting the number of GTA games being released, then yes it was the fourth game (London was only an expansion pack). But GTA4 and San Andreas were all part of the story that came with GTA3. So gta3/vc/sa were the GTAIII Trilogy. The next GTA game (name unknown) will be a completely NEW game, with a new storyline, new characters, new locations, and Rockstar will completley change the way the game works. Vice City and San Andreas both worked on the same code 'engine' as GTAIII, only altered to add the new features and larger sizes, whereas GTA4 will be brand new, and substantially different.

To put it differently, its as if VC and SA were just different flavours of the GTA3 drink, but still the same. GTA4 will be a completely different drink altogether, just made by the same company in the same line of drinks. :P Bad example, but you can see that VC was GTA version 3.1 and SA was 3.2, gta4 will be a new version altogether.

...i'm thirsty now

I'm slapping the next idiot who askes this.

still think that we should first know the title name, some game features, possible release dates and then boxart after the first creenshots from the game.

My guess would be, "GTA IV". That just follows the trend of recent games.

technically wasnt Vice city GTA 4

No. It wasn't. No "technically" about it. VC does NOT = 4.

oh well, i still call VC GTA4

Then you're wrong, and I will laugh at and ridicule you because of it.

GTA:San Andreas could be counted by some as GTA4 as it was the one to totally change how the game played with the ability to climb swim etc plus all the extra cars and vehicals avalible to the player from the start

No, it can't. Why? Because it's San Andreas, not four. If it were four, it would be called four. IT'S ALL THE GTA III TRILOGY.