GTA: Divided States

tyler

What do you think of this idea for GTA4?

Grand

Theft

Auto

Divided States

It could be a knock over of the united states becuase divided is the opposite of united. it could have like five states in it, and you could visit liberty city, vice city, and San Andreas would be one of the states. they could have a statue of liberty called something else and it could be in handcuffs or something. and it'd be in present day. and you could for once visit San Diego. What do you think of that location?

there should be liberty city, vice city and the SA state with a few more new, being connected by airlines. you would be able to buy airplane ticket from los santos to vice city, for example.

Actual when I played gta san andreas.

I got to the mission were you fly to liberty city and kill some mafia

dudes at st.marks bistro or whatever it was called. I thought

I was going to beable to go to liberty city.

But I soon was disapointed to find out I could'nt.

It was just some mission there and back.

So ya that would be cool if they made a gta that connects the states by planes.

Edited by Sabin Romero

there should be liberty city, vice city and the SA state with a few more new, being connected by airlines. you would be able to buy airplane ticket from los santos to vice city, for example.

Actual when I played gta san andreas.

I got to the mission were you fly to liberty city and kill some mafia

dudes at st.marks bistro or whatever it was called. I thought

I was going to beable to go to liberty city.

But I soon was disapointed to find out I could'nt.

It was just some mission there and back.

So ya that would be cool if they made a gta that connects the states by planes.

yes, thats exactly what i want. i though that they'd let me visit all of liberty city also. i was so excited and then it didnt let me and i got pissed

I think it would be pretty fun to have separate states, quite some distance apart, only connected by cruise ships or planes. The idea of reviving VC, LC and SA is one that has come up a lot, but it would probably be too much effort recreating those entire cities (LC for the fourth time) in yet another format. The GTAIII trilogy is over, and should be laid to rest. Yet another storyline in those old cities would not be remotely fun.

As for size, twice that of San Andreas would be acceptable, provided there was an even spread of countryside, water and cities. I expect to see a lot more skyscrapers, and more houses out in the country - mansions and the like. Public buildings, like City Hall, museums, courthouses etc, need to be more clearly identified.

Back on the point of Divided States, I do like your idea of having a theme of repression, and the handcuffed statue is a clever way of showing that. The name would need some work, but perhaps you could work this into an SA mod?

I think it would be pretty fun to have separate states, quite some distance apart, only connected by cruise ships or planes. The idea of reviving VC, LC and SA is one that has come up a lot, but it would probably be too much effort recreating those entire cities (LC for the fourth time) in yet another format. The GTAIII trilogy is over, and should be laid to rest. Yet another storyline in those old cities would not be remotely fun.

As for size, twice that of San Andreas would be acceptable, provided there was an even spread of countryside, water and cities. I expect to see a lot more skyscrapers, and more houses out in the country - mansions and the like. Public buildings, like City Hall, museums, courthouses etc, need to be more clearly identified.

Back on the point of Divided States, I do like your idea of having a theme of repression, and the handcuffed statue is a clever way of showing that. The name would need some work, but perhaps you could work this into an SA mod?

i dont like the name myself, but its the only name i could come up with. i want to see lc, vc, and sa again, and i dont want the states to be apart. i know thats what the name implies, but i want them connected not by bridge, just connected so you can explore the whole country without having to do the missions. but yes, more houses, more skyscrapers, and explorable public city buildings. also, you should be able to rod countryside homes. in SA you cant

Edited by tyler

I agree a London 1969 game would be fun, but a new game will not be all three of the old games just glued together. GTA4 will be a completely new game, nothing to do with GTAIII/VC/SA. Its a good possibility that London will be featured (there may be more than one location), but a lot of other places (such as Chicago or Japan) have been suggested. Vice City was 80s retro, I don't see why they couldn't go back further, but maybe its time for a more modern GTA.

I totally agree, the fun goes when you've fully explored the old cities, and exhausted their potential (as many people will have done with SA now, not to be played for a while). Playing them again would be tedious. We need a new location, new storyline and everything else new.

But then again, that isn't what tyler was suggesting in this topic, his idea isn't a bad one.

But then again, that isn't what tyler was suggesting in this topic, his idea isn't a bad one.

thanks, see,im the opposite. i think you should be able to return to old cities and there could be changes in the cities like in LCS

I can see how that would be okay, and it may be fun to see how Vice City has changed in 20 years, but if it was a choice between old cities slightly changed and a brand new state or w/e, then i'd go for brand new.

yeah most people would, but if tons of things change in LC in 3 years, i wonder what'd change in 20 years

It would be easy enough to just mod it so when you go to an airport there is 2 or 1 small tokens floating in the air with an image of the game, then when you step into it, it automaticly closes vc, gta 3, or sa, and opens the other game(vc, gta 3, or sa). Do you get my point? Of course you can only add 1 blip if you only have one different game

Edited by Cheez Whiz