Vice City Disappointment

tyler

Were you disappointed in Vice City?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Were you disappointed in Vice City?

• No, it had everything i expected
    • Yes, a little
    • Yes, a lot
    • It was a major let down

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A real dissapointment because so many people that I was expecting to get killled toward the end survived.Tommy's clothes are gay and he has a limited wardrobe and the only one i like is the black track suit wich also comes in red.

Well you could always go into the img file and extract tommy's

txd files for is clothes and make your own if you don't like them.

But its not easy becuase if you do it wrong it he'll look messed up

wearing it.

Ya I once tryed to make the cop look like arnold swarzenager I center it perfectly. But in the game the cop looked like crap.

best thing to do is get some textures from another game by some other tool and use those textures on top of the original.

Or use some textures from other characters in the game, they have to be centered perfectly. so use the original a guideline.

Heres something sorta funny but off topic.

I was looking threw the gta3.img file in vice city. And I came across a txd file

named "shipthisgamenow". I looked in the file, there was nothing in it relating to how it was named. The guys at rockstar must of put that in there as a joke or something.

Or maby it was named that becuase it was the last txd file made before

they were finnaly done?

Edited by Sabin Romero

GTA was the first GTA I've ever played so I wasn't dissapointed at all. Someone said LC was bigger, but it's not. Vice City only seems smaller because it has two islands instead of three. GTA:III had smaller islands and a lot of water.

Edited by Morris

GTA was the first GTA I've ever played so I wasn't dissapointed at all. Someone said LC was bigger, but it's not. Vice City only seems smaller because it has two islands instead of three. GTA:III had smaller islands and a lot of water.

look at both maps together LC is way bigger

Yeah... Vice City was supposed to be a great game, the Miami atmosphere, the 80s themes and music... If done right, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City should be a very-very great game!!!

The major problem is that R* used a different 3D-Graphics-Engine, which looks like if the engine was not a 100% finished work. Rockstar even used the 3D-Engine from GTAIII to be used in San Andreas!

You can see the big difference when you are looking at Mercedes Cortez (daughter of the Colonel), compare her looks in-game with her looks at the Brady Guide. Or compare her looks with the Visual-Arts done by R*. Some websites have them!

Below is a list of 'comparisations' of GTA: Vice City and GTAIII:

- Liberty City was bigger than Vice City

- Vice City was supposed to be bigger than Liberty City, but the area of water everywhere makes VC look like half of Liberty City!

- You can even see Tommy's eyes as if they have no eyelids, of course caused by the Graphics' Engine's flaws and glitches.

- The Ghetto area and Downtown are of Vice City did not feel alive

- NO MORE NASTY LIMB REMOVAL, I know that this might cause Vice City to be banned from every country around the world... But this is the thing that made me buy GTAIII.

- How gay does this sound:

Day 1: "The Haitians are dead, nobody will do what they one anymore!"

Day 2: "Those Cubans are sleeping with the fishes now, the will not do any more harm!"

Day 3: "You've got BIG COJONES!!!! Tommy, you Cuban... You have proven yourself to me now! The Cafe, my Papi, and the boys are fine!!!"

Well, after I downloaded some Mods and Skins plus some smokey-smoke-on-Smoke, the game did turned to be a little better...

Sorry if I typed anything wrong, I am only typing what I think!

Yeah... Vice City was supposed to be a great game, the Miami atmosphere, the 80s themes and music... If done right, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City should be a very-very great game!!!

The major problem is that R* used a different 3D-Graphics-Engine, which looks like if the engine was not a 100% finished work. Rockstar even used the 3D-Engine from GTAIII to be used in San Andreas!

You can see the big difference when you are looking at Mercedes Cortez (daughter of the Colonel), compare her looks in-game with her looks at the Brady Guide. Or compare her looks with the Visual-Arts done by R*. Some websites have them!

Below is a list of 'comparisations' of GTA: Vice City and GTAIII:

- Liberty City was bigger than Vice City

- Vice City was supposed to be bigger than Liberty City, but the area of water everywhere makes VC look like half of Liberty City!

- You can even see Tommy's eyes as if they have no eyelids, of course caused by the Graphics' Engine's flaws and glitches.

- The Ghetto area and Downtown are of Vice City did not feel alive

- NO MORE NASTY LIMB REMOVAL, I know that this might cause Vice City to be banned from every country around the world... But this is the thing that made me buy GTAIII.

- How gay does this sound:

Day 1: "The Haitians are dead, nobody will do what they one anymore!"

Day 2: "Those Cubans are sleeping with the fishes now, the will not do any more harm!"

Day 3: "You've got BIG COJONES!!!! Tommy, you Cuban... You have proven yourself to me now! The Cafe, my Papi, and the boys are fine!!!"

Well, after I downloaded some Mods and Skins plus some smokey-smoke-on-Smoke, the game did turned to be a little better...

Sorry if I typed anything wrong, I am only typing what I think!

yes, the big cojones was the absolute stupidest thing i've ever heard in GTA

How can you say that Vice City was a big disappointment. It is definitely one of the best GTA games. Everyone has their own opinion of the game, but if it is was such a disappointment then why is it known as one of the best games. Vice City scored 9.6 on Gamespot just like GTA 3 and San Andreas. :thumbsup:

Vice City IS bigger than Liberty City.

"The play area in Vice City is almost twice as big as Liberty City, at over 4.25 million square meters."
Proof is at: A Gamespot Preview with Rockstar. You can't compare maps of games, as they are more than likely on different scales. So that solves that part of the discussion! :tongue:

Vice City caused just as much of an impact on te gaming world as GTA3, and probably more. I don't think a lot of people thought Vice City was a disappointment. I certainly didn't. It's probably my favourite after San Andreas (maybe even my favourite!). No game is going to turn out perfect. :yup:

ya stunting is pretty cool. The myraid island mod is pretty cool too, but it crashes sometimes.

But my first immpression of vice right when I first bought it and opened it and poped it in the disc tray of the ps2 was like.

"yaa this rocks!"

but of caurse if you play it over and over your going to start

becoming disapointed with it, same for any game.

for example when super nintendo came out and you played final fanatasy 3 or something it was the best thing in world and you'd play it all day. but now if you played it you probly get bored pretty quick.

im startin to get a urge to play as tommy again so i might go and buy myself it next week have no clue why i do i just wanna :huh:

:lol: lol Thats what happened to me. first I bought it, then I sold it at blockbuster for store credit.

Then a few weeks later on I rented it . then some months later I bought it again.

Then some months later I bought it for pc. lets call it vice city addiction syndrome

• 4 weeks later...