Vice City Disappointment

tyler

Were you disappointed in Vice City?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Were you disappointed in Vice City?

• No, it had everything i expected
    • Yes, a little
    • Yes, a lot
    • It was a major let down

I think I know what you mean, like the roads was so wide that when you did missions gangs or cops could get you very easily because there are no shortcuts or anything. But I don't really mind it, cause the missions weren't THAT hard except for those few where you had 5 stars but they weren't all that hard either. Would've been better if the roads were smaller and more shortcuts but I still love VC.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its my favourite gta game, not only because of the great locations, but the brilliant soundtrack as well. Ive bought about 40 odd songs from vice city, simply because i heard them on the game and was hooked.

It wasnt a disappointment in any way. It was a bit short, but it has many side missions to tackle, plus the import export things.

I have played vice alot but never new the storyline. I bought it just 2 weekst ago... :blink:

But it's far better than I expected, I actually preffered some of Vice's features to the ones of San Andreas. I was far better than gta3. But compering gta3 with gta2... is like a gameboy pocket and playstation 1.5 lol

i think that vice city at the time was a huge hit but now it seems to be lacking features all games have this

Got to remember dude, Vice is 4 years old. I think for how old it is, it still holds it's own against games that are similar.

In comparison to SA, I like robbing stores in Vice, compared to robbing houses in SA and I also liked the Hardware stores.

Not really as there are two major roads in VC, I thought LC was much more confusing to drive around. I hates some of the roads on Stauton Island and to get around on SHorside Vale I had to leave Tanks that lead up to the bridge so I could get out.

Yeah Vice is really easy to get around, which is a good thing though. I hate how in SA or even LC when I drive somewhere and don't know where I am. :huh:

Getting lost in the SA wilderness is very easy. <_<

Thank god for maps. :D

Anyway yeah Vice is the easiest out of the 3, to find your way around. Hell I started a new game a few months ago, after not playing for a year or so and knew where everything was. :coolthumbup:

Edited by MiamiViceCity

Lol, well we do tend to talk about it and reffer to it once in a while. It's some peoples' favourite GTA (like me) so no wonder you started liking it.

Yes, you tendto be a role model. Not but you cool, Idk but you guys just well, Idk. We'll leave it at that lol.

i think that vice city at the time was a huge hit but now it seems to be lacking features all games have this

Not at all if you really take a look at it. And as many other people have said if you actually think it's loosing some features.... 4 years old.

Edited by Nate10

He usually posts negative comments I think. But yeah lol nice point there Nate but I agree we're not role models but like since we're you're friends we recommend stuff so you probably heard us babbling about how good it is and gave it a try. VC is not old for me at all, I play it quite often but the swimming thing bugs me a tiny bit. But it's still awesome.

I hated Vice City, with a passion. I don't even play it anymore. First off, the story was horrible. It had absolutely no direction or point to it, and it was more like a bunch of tiny stupid stories smashed together and laughingly called a "storyline". Only the first few and the last few seemed to have some point to it. It was like R* got lazy, squashed all these tiny stories together and laughingly said "lol assets".

I am more impressed with the world, though the only reason why it's bigger than LC is because of that giant beach and those worthless islands. I would take LC or SF over VC any day.

Of course this is just my opinion, but I don't know anyone in my RL who likes VC, I mean how can you enjoy pink script print, pink suits, tropical resorts, and that horrid disco-dance? (dance music is just disco with words) No thanks, I'll stick to SA, LCS, and III. Vice City Stories was even worse, Lance Vance was turned into a nerd and the story had less point to it than even VC.

SA>LCS>III>VC>VCS

I hated Vice City, with a passion. I don't even play it anymore. First off, the story was horrible. It had absolutely no direction or point to it, and it was more like a bunch of tiny stupid stories smashed together and laughingly called a "storyline". Only the first few and the last few seemed to have some point to it. It was like R* got lazy, squashed all these tiny stories together and laughingly said "lol assets".

I am more impressed with the world, though the only reason why it's bigger than LC is because of that giant beach and those worthless islands. I would take LC or SF over VC any day.

Of course this is just my opinion, but I don't know anyone in my RL who likes VC, I mean how can you enjoy pink script print, pink suits, tropical resorts, and that horrid disco-dance? (dance music is just disco with words) No thanks, I'll stick to SA, LCS, and III. Vice City Stories was even worse, Lance Vance was turned into a nerd and the story had less point to it than even VC.

SA>LCS>III>VC>VCS

I disagree completely. I would expect that you wouldn't like Vice City since Liberty City is part of your username. :P

I disagree completely. I would expect that you wouldn't like Vice City since Liberty City is part of your username. :P

I love Liberty City, probably because I'm from NYC, but it is not the fact that its different from LC, it's the whole "1986 Theme" and the non-linear storyline that just doesn't appeal to me. I'm not into the whole waving palm trees, pink suits, pink everything, rainbow UI, and mild crime. The city looks like a good place for Barbie's Rainbow Adventures, but for a game based on crime in that setting? It just doesn't work. It barely worked in Scarface, and they had to add 1 million rounds of bullets to get the criminal feel, and even then it was weak and eggagarated. Maybe I would have liked it better if the storyline had some sense of direction, but instead it was "assets" which translates to "finish as many side-missions as it takes to unlock final mission". Can Vice City be in The Sims? Maybe. But GTA? It just doesnt work in that setting.

Edited by LibCity Stalker

• 3 weeks later...

SA>LCS>III>VC>VCS

i disagree becoause in vice city there are more things then in gta 3 like planes, helicopters, bether cars and other and by the way i like the story line

:whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

The reason why I'm not pleased with the storyline is because it doesn't have direction. It was (obviously) rushed because GTA 3 and VC were released so close together, but that also forces the two to be compared, and quite frankly, the story of GTA 3 makes the story of VC look short and boring, and I'll explain why.

The story of VC was in a checkbox format, where they gave you things to do in no particular order, and said "the final mission will be unlocked after you check off enough of these boxes" and that's exactly what "Asset Missions" were. They were side missions that didn't help progress your point in the story whatsoever, but were required to unlock the final mission.

On the other hand, the story of GTA3 was in a timeline format, where everything followed a straight clear storyline. Every mission-line was an outcome of another mission-line, something that is absent in VC, in which you did not complete mission lines in any order, and the mission lines were not connected at all. (except for the concert/biker mission line, which is the only exeption.) One mission line won't make up for this. It is the only reason why the VC storyline is weak compared to the other GTA games. The lack of connection between the lines makes the story look jumbled, unorginized, and rushed.

And I do agree that Liberty City is somewhat depressing, but that is what makes the immersion so great. This is a game about crime, what a better place than a decaying, dying city like Liberty City. It fits perfectly.