Trouble Playing San Andreas

Mashanta

Hey all, I've just installed San Andreas for the PC, and I have the correct requirements (I think). But when I click on "Play San Andreas", it waits for a while then a message pops up saying "Original disc could not be found or authenticated". Now, I have Windows XP, Service Pack 2, AMD Duron™ processor, 1.79 GHz and 480MB of RAM.

Now, that is not the case anymore, I can start the game up normally, the starting credits roll and the trailer sort of thing plays. But then, it comes up with a blank white screen, the fades to black, It now comes up with a menu that looks like this:

sanandreasnotworking8ni.gif

Then, when I press the top buttons (assuming it's the play button), the music starts to play, then it closes down and I get an error message stating; "We have had to close down sa_exe, sorry for the inconvenience."

Does anyone have any soloutions of what's causing this problem and how I can fix it? I'm going out of my mind here! :jumpon:

I've had the same problem with GTAIII, but I was able to play it. Display was defected, it had dark screen (like it's always foggy night-imagine then real foggy nights then :ph34r: ) and textures were very bad quality, effects even worse (the smoke that appears when shooting out of a pistol resulted in almost completely black screen and the game was running 2X slower than normal, but I got used to it and kept playing and once it just fixed itself to normal display and speed and text re-appeared again. later, when I again installed it, it had the same problem, I re-installed it then and everything was working normal. try re-installing the game, and if it's still notworking properly, it might be that you have unsupported hardware or you need new drivers, or maybe the DVD was damaged