The Next Big Thing

Taime

What does anybody think will be the next big thing in GTA4 that will change the GTA games

Im not sure wat will be but i would like to hear everyones ideas but im sure climbing and clothing change is going to be in since they were quite good improvements for GTA:SA

Edited by SkyliИe^

the next big thing hmmmmmm technology advances like more disk space

gameplay a rocking story line unrivalled by any other game

More disk space has nothing to do with the actual gameplay.

When it comes to Rockstar, it's hard to know what exactly they have up their sleeves. We can rest assured it will kick total ass, though.

the next big thing hmmmmmm technology advances like more disk space

gameplay a rocking story line unrivalled by any other game

More disk space has nothing to do with the actual gameplay.

When it comes to Rockstar, it's hard to know what exactly they have up their sleeves. We can rest assured it will kick total ass, though.

Amen to that spaz .

I am hoping that you can finally build things, I really wanted to build a house on chilliad when the rumors for sanandreas where around.

i myself never heard of any house building on chilliad but now ur on about rumors the rumours for GTA4 could be some really exciting ones and does anyone think there could be a myth on GTA4 the size of the bigfoot myth on San Andreas cause if there is i wanna be the one who could prove it even though i wont

There is a reference to the bigfoot rumor in the GTA:LCS booklet. It says "Liberty City was not voted the place you'll likely be eaten by a wild animal. (That title goes to Los Santos)" Los Santos is part of Red County where the countryside was and so bigfoot is referenced. GTA:LCS also references hot coffee. (on a certain mission, Maria asks Toni in for some hot coffee)

I think the next GTA will be like San Andreas in customization (like weight, clothes, etc...) but will be much bigger. However, the next GTA will NOT have stuff like getting a mortgage, having kids, etc... because, as Spaz the Great once said "GTA is not The Sims!" While I can't say I admired the Los Santos part of the SA storyline, Rockstar did do an amazing job of the final PS2 GTA game. They crammed all of that onto the PS2 with no loading times and no frame-frate lag. I'm sure the next GTA will be amazing on PS3, what with the first console GTA to run in 720p and above.

i disagree with the no loading times i played on ps2 and textures wont load aswell as the xbox copy doin the same kind but less often and i loved Los Santos cause i think that city had more care put in while San Fierrio had less detail and Las ventures felt like it was put on in a month but thats wat i think.

plus the sims aspects in GTA wont work maybe a sims expansion pack GTA style not GTA:sims i think rockstar took the best bits in leveling up so im sure that will make a comeback

i disagree with the no loading times i played on ps2 and textures wont load aswell as the xbox copy doin the same kind but less often and i loved Los Santos cause i think that city had more care put in while San Fierrio had less detail and Las ventures felt like it was put on in a month but thats wat i think.

plus the sims aspects in GTA wont work maybe a sims expansion pack GTA style not GTA:sims i think rockstar took the best bits in leveling up so im sure that will make a comeback

Yes, but there are no loading times when traveling from city to city. Also, I didn't say I didn't like Los Santos. I didn't like the missions that took place there because I hate the whole ghetto/gangsta theme.

yeah there is lag in the ps2 version I flew my jet over the beach a hit a palm tree that finally appeared after the jet stoped exploding.

and the disk space does matter for space means more game eg bigger levels more weapons more cars longer story more cut sceens over all improved graphics mroe damges and different types of damages can a appear on cars. therefor more disk space=more

but I think the next big change will be a better 3d envirment meanning farther sight arange that is clearer and fully loaded and more buildings yuo can go into with out loading like in the vice city game there was one buildign you can use teh elevator bring a bike up there and jump out thru the building which was very cool infact I spent about 1 hour trying to get a golf cart into the elvator becasue teh gold cart had to go up stairs which took 50 minets to climb. Improved 2 player may be even a different game mode selection were you have a 1 player and 2 player storie lines that are different.

Another thing that might be added is random events like roits or police strikes or even laws where you can;t stay out at nights for a few days in the game where teh army monitors the town becasue of increased violence. they did one event AI know of in SA where thee was riotors in teh streens settign fires adn blowing up police vechiles this was cool but if this could happen in random for short periods of time it would make the game more interesting. I aslo heard tornadows and tital waves and earth queaks which I think might be a interesting features. the only thing I say thereare way cool just don't have random evens during a mission I do not want to be on a time mission and a riot breaks out and blockes teh streen with blowen up cars.

Edited by havoc

and the disk space does matter for space means more game eg bigger levels more weapons more cars longer story more cut sceens over all improved graphics mroe damges and different types of damages can a appear on cars. therefor more disk space=more

Ok, but if you pay attention, we aren't talking about disk space or system specs. Bigger disk space isn't going to be the "next big thing" for GTA. The guy who started the topic is speaking of GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS.

Quoted for emphasis.

I think one of the next big things will be a deeper plot which interlinks more directly to each mission and through the plot the city changes along with your gang.

I don't know why but I got a feeling that teh next GTA will have the best story line and I mean overall they best thing about the game will be the storyline.

• 3 weeks later...

The next big thing well i dont know where to start but snow whould be good customize any thing u own animals and children oh and R* wont get sued for letting us kill children there only pixels or at least teenagers And gta 4 betta be out next year becos i hate waitin i hated wait for San Andreas it nearlly killed me or at least R* chould releses some good games b4 gta4 just to keep us busy.

But what ever R* do im Know it will be great

Edited by Jaffa

dude you are an idiot they will not put children in GTA unless it is in a cut sceen adn nothing else and also ifyou want to customize every thing get teh sims not GTA. I liked the charater customize and cr beyond that it does not really matter may e gang customize not animals and children and houses ityis just too much useless data. I would not care if I could have a lazyboy ora bean bag chair in my house. the next big thing would be not loadand full scale levels whereall teh floors to a building ae accually there and canbe entered plue the physics