Possible Titles

Chris

As of yet the title of the next GTA game remains a mystery to us. We know that a title will be available for the PSP some time during 2006, I'd put my money on another late October release myself.

Rockstar own a few domains, they were probably all originally intended for games already out, which then subsequently had their name shortened or changed to something else, I'll run through the list of domains they have, and what they would have been or might be used for...

GTA2000.com and GrandTheftAuto2000.com - originally what GTA3 was going to be called, this domain is now obsolete due to the year number.

GTA3D.com and GrandTheftAuto3D.com - GTA3 was going to be called this, as it was the first GTA in 3d, however, Rockstar probably changed their mind when they thought all future GTA's would be 3d, and so shortened it to GTA3.

GTA4.com and GrandTheftAuto4.com - These domains will most likely be used for the next GTA game on the next-gen consoles.

GTAMiami.com and GTA-Miami.com and GrandTheftAutoMiami.com - These domains were probably for what is now called Vice City, Miami is the location it is based on. However, if Rockstar is planning on using Vice City as the setting of their next portable game, it is possible they might call it this.

(There's also GrandTheftAuto.info but that obviously isn't a title for the game.)

Now, obviously there are many more choices Rockstar have for naming the game, Vice City Stories is highly unlikely, Rockstar don't own the .com domain so I would expect a more original title from them.

Post your thoughts on what the next title may be, and state a reason why as well...

If R* are making another game with a used up city, im gonna be frolicking pissed. R* you bunch of lazy bastards, make up a new city so we can experience a new place, not the same city we have gotten bored of 3 years ago.

i agree, i'll be pissed if they make it in the same city, but i dont think its laziness, i think there had to have been a reason for making it in LC. or maybe since GTA3 was such a crappy game with barely any features in it they felt like they had to improve it LC was a good idea to improve but with VC except for the crappy time period and no swimming, they dont need to remake VC

cuz Vice City Stories sounds sorta stupid. and plus i think that R* will be making the new city (or state) for the Xbox-360/PS3 and using the old city for the PSP.

yeah, thats what we're saying is that they'll probly make VC psp and the new location for ps3, but i wanna know why chris is so certain about it not being called Vice City Stories

cuz Vice City Stories sounds sorta stupid. and plus i think that R* will be making the new city (or state) for the Xbox-360/PS3 and using the old city for the PSP.

yeah, thats what we're saying is that they'll probly make VC psp and the new location for ps3, but i wanna know why chris is so certain about it not being called Vice City Stories

Because it becomes WAY too repeatative, then. That isn't really how Rockstar does things.

Because it becomes WAY too repeatative, then. That isn't really how Rockstar does things.

yah, maybe. youre probably right (as usual)

well.. i agree with people who say that the next gta for ps3 will go to the u.k. So I would think that another gta game for psp should be used as the last opportunity to still use a u.s. city. Like you've probably heard Carcer City referred to in games on the radio and stuff. I know that was the city Manhunt was based in. But GTA hasnt used it yet. I think they should... I would imagine they already have a map for it and stuff.

well.. i agree with people who say that the next gta for ps3 will go to the u.k. So I would think that another gta game for psp should be used as the last opportunity to still use a u.s. city. Like you've probably heard Carcer City referred to in games on the radio and stuff. I know that was the city Manhunt was based in. But GTA hasnt used it yet. I think they should... I would imagine they already have a map for it and stuff.

i say it'll be in VC, and GTA4 will stay in USA

I know what's going to happen the gta psp is going to be set again in Liberty City the main character will be Tommy Vercetti when he was 21 just one year before going to prison, Sonny Forreli will be his boss and other characters such as Salvatore Leone and also Tony Cipriani is going to come out as a 15 year old kid

And I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure that The Leone Family wasnt a factor way back then. Because even in Vice City The forelli's were the biggest family. I dont think salvatore leone came to be a mob boss til the 90's. Also how could you play as tommy back when he was arrested? Oh thats a great ending to the story.... your character gets sent to prison for 15 years.

It's possible that it will be a version of GTA4, with different missions - like LCS but for GTA4, possibly coinciding with the release. The city/cities or some of the cities in GTA4 could be used for LCS, hopefully with minimal redevelopment effort requirement.

We don't want to see Vice City again, then San Andreas again before we get to anything new for the PSP. San Andreas would have to be crap because the PSP wouldn't be able to handle a much bigger game with the same features as LCS, it would have to be part of SA or with less features than LCS.

It isn't going to be any of the last cities, Liberty City Stories was a tribute to gta 3 and what it brought with it, gta3 was a new platform a new way of doing things, and lcs was on the psp, a leap in itself, maybe not significant but still a strong difference between ps2 and portable gaming.