Which Internet Connection Type Do You Have?

C.O.D

Internet Connections  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which is Your Connection Type?

• ADSL
    • Dial-Up
    • Cable
    • Other (Fiber Optic, Satellite, etc...)
    • Don't Know

I got this low speed cable shit >.<

WHaa? I got cable and download at speeds of 700 KB/s .

I can eat a 900mb download in 15 min 20min.

unless the server is overloaded then it'll be really low like 40 kB.s

but then I'm usually like "screw this" I''ll find another host whose got

this demo or program.

Speed really depends on a few things. First is how much they alot you for speed. Second is how busy the path is you're using, which can change for every data packed. Third is how much bandwidth is avaiable on the other end and how much is being used. With cable, if alot of people are watching tv, it will slow down.

That being said, I've had up to 2mbps and as low as 5kbps. I was going to set up a web server for images but RR has only like 56k up.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 6 Mbps cable connection. Actually, with my firewall running and stuff, its now like 3.1 Mbps(ZoneAlarm Security Suite does its job but hinders my connection slow as a woman driver). I hate dial up. If you have it, die(metaphorically). Youre slowing everyone else down with your poor ass connection. Cable internet isnt that expensive. Just tell your parents to get better jobs :P. The same goes to people with DSL. Quit using the phone line. That shits old school. We arent living in the stone age anymore.

Speed really depends on a few things. First is how much they alot you for speed. Second is how busy the path is you're using, which can change for every data packed. Third is how much bandwidth is avaiable on the other end and how much is being used. With cable, if alot of people are watching tv, it will slow down.

That being said, I've had up to 2mbps and as low as 5kbps. I was going to set up a web server for images but RR has only like 56k up.

Two mbps isn't THAT much. It's fast enough, though. And 5KBps? That's NOTHING! I've had my speed hit, no lie, as low as 100Bps((notice no K?)). :lol: It wasn't funny at the time, I was pissed.

• 2 weeks later...
Two mbps isn't THAT much. It's fast enough, though. And 5KBps? That's NOTHING! I've had my speed hit, no lie, as low as 100Bps((notice no K?)). :lol: It wasn't funny at the time, I was pissed.

I can say that I've never gone below 26k. 56k is usually the lowest. If I ever got that low, I'd try to connect to the RR tech support chat and ask what's going on.

RoadRunner promised me 5Mbps down and 384k up. I've done connection tests at PCPitstop and C|Net. Both of them give me the same results; my download varies from 3.5Mbps to 5Mbps. My upload ranges from 300 to 384k.

One time in 2002 when I had AOL Cable (500k down for $54/month!!) I was getting 28k down. I realized it was some asshole outside screwing with the cable line next door.

I have a 6 Mbps cable connection. Actually, with my firewall running and stuff, its now like 3.1 Mbps(ZoneAlarm Security Suite does its job but hinders my connection slow as a woman driver). I hate dial up. If you have it, die(metaphorically). Youre slowing everyone else down with your poor ass connection. Cable internet isnt that expensive. Just tell your parents to get better jobs :P. The same goes to people with DSL. Quit using the phone line. That shits old school. We arent living in the stone age anymore.

Nothing wrong with dsl, and cable is definitely not totally superior. I have a 3mbps adsl line.(although actual line speed depends on how far you are from the distribution box) My speeds never slow down just cause its peak hours and all my neighbors decide to be online. I get the same speedtest results every time. Problem with dsl is to many people get the cheap packages that only run 384k down stream. But my 3mb line only cost me $24 a month. How much is that cable? :thumbsdown:

Download Speed: 2481 kbps (310.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 418 kbps (52.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Tested at http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

• 7 years later...
Guest helping

I am using 5mbps modem internet connection.I chose this type to get a good internet speed.I have checked out my broadband speed test at Scanmyspeed.com and my speed test results: Upload speed : 13.8 Mbps Download speed : 75.8 Mbps

Edited by helping