Posted Images

I have a Gateway 4100

2.6GHz (can't overclock or anything) Intel P4 W/ HT turned off

1.5 GB PC 2700 RAM

256mb Ge Force 5500 Card

80GB HDD

Windows XP Pro

e4100c.jpg

Except I don't have the monitor. I'm not using the keyboard or mouse either.

And the other one ...

Compaq 5005R aka - POS

1.1 GHz AMD

512 MB PC 2700 RAM

16MB Nvidia RIVA

40GB HDD

Windows XP Pro

3657_1.jpg

Except the keyboard, mouse and speakers all crapped out in 3 years. I'm using the monitor in here with mine because it can handle 80Hz refresh rate and the other monitor can't becuase its so old and the video card on the compaq is too old to handle it too.

My Computer:

- Pentium 4 2.8 GHz

- Windows XP Professional

- RAM 256

- 40 GB HDD

- Nvidia GeForce 4 64.0MB

- SamSung SyncMaster 540N LCD Monitor

My Sister's:

- Pentium 4 2.4 GHz

- Windows XP Professional

- RAM 256

- 80 GB HDD

- Nvidia GeForce 5500 FX 64.0 MB

- SamSung SyncMaster 540N LCD Monitor

If they weren't so expensive, I'd have an LCD. Better on the eyes, better picture quality, less heat, smaller space, lighter, uses less electricity ... list keeps going on and on.

Here's my Keyboard (gateway)

Logitechkey.gif

My Mouse

OpComapq.jpg

My Trackball

MSTRACKball.jpg

The Stuff on the Compaq

Mouse (came with scroll mouse)

MSMouse.jpg

$3 Keyboard

Microkey.jpg

I have an HP a255n:

Intel 2.6 GHz P4

512MB DDR-RAM

nVidia GeForce FX 5500

250GB 7200RPM HD

Dvd+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW drive, DVD-ROM drive

Windows XP Home

and my laptop:

800MHz Pentium III processor

128MB RAM

12GB 5500 rpm HD

16MB ATi Radion AGP 2x

Malfunctioning 8x DVD-ROM drive

Windows XP Home

Edited by chris82

Well mine isn't any company because it is a pro custom built computer, which of course has some nice gaming effects to it and some nice blue neon lights

Intel 2.8 Ghz Celeron D

1gig plus 256mb of DDR-Ram

ATI Radeon 9250

120 GB 7200RPM HD

Dvd+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW drive, DVD-ROM drive

Windows XP Home

My keyboard is a piece of crap so no need to show it.

My mouse is a nice burnt orange logitech mouse.

Computer itself is all black and on the right side of it has a neon glowing fan with cool looking windows on it. And at the front has a gaming look on it. And with neon lights.

My monitor is a size that I don't even know. I have to get a flat screen monitor soon.

So you have 1280 mb of ram? Did you have the option to pick a regular pentium 4?

Well I don't really remember. Their might of been an option but I got this computer made from my friends dad. The computer was a regular $1,800 but I got it for $800. And the gaming case on the computer was a regular $300 and I got it for free :D

And yes I have 1280 mb of ram. I will probably be getting another 1 gig of memory soon. And I would of gotten a P4 but I just think that the Celeron D was the only option, I guess.

Well I don't really remember. Their might of been an option but I got this computer made from my friends dad. The computer was a regular $1,800 but I got it for $800. And the gaming case on the computer was a regular $300 and I got it for free :D

And yes I have 1280 mb of ram. I will probably be getting another 1 gig of memory soon. And I would of gotten a P4 but I just think that the Celeron D was the only option, I guess.

Hmmm, 1280MB, eh? Not QUITE braggable yet. Considering 1024MB = 1GB and ANYONE running a gaming PC ATLEAST has that. That's simply a 1GB stick and a 256MB stick. When I get the money for a new stick of RAM and a fan for it((when you have three sticks of RAM, it could possibly get pretty hot)), I'm buying a 1GB stick, which will put me at 2GB. :P

Well my computer only has 2 slots to put memory in so when i get another 1 gig of ram I will sell the 256 mb ram so then I will then have 2 gigs.

I need a faster processor also since I am a huge gamer and a heavy program user. Can't wait for P5's to come out and Windows Vista. :)

hm AMD well when I went to a store to see which one is better (Intel or AMD) and they said Intel because Intel is for heavy gaming and AMD they said well when you play lots of good games like Unreal Tournament and games like that on a AMD then the computer will crash or the chip will fry so I got a Intel because the chips don't heat up quickly like the AMD does.

Nice 3 slots and you are planning on filling them all up with 3 gig's or ram dam that will be sweet. Fast ass computer. But the Processor is what makes the computer good :P = obvious I know

hm AMD well when I went to a store to see which one is better (Intel or AMD) and they said Intel because Intel is for heavy gaming and AMD they said well when you play lots of good games like Unreal Tournament and games like that on a AMD then the computer will crash or the chip will fry so I got a Intel because the chips don't heat up quickly like the AMD does.

Nice 3 slots and you are planning on filling them all up with 3 gig's or ram dam that will be sweet. Fast ass computer. But the Processor is what makes the computer good :P = obvious I know

That's why when you're buying a CPU, always invest enough money in your cooling system. I have a fan that if I turn it up((yes, it has a dial control)), it sounds like an effin' airplane taking off. I hate the fan though, it revs all randomly on me. I think it's defective. I REALLY want a water-cooler. :wub: Those are expensive. Ever saw fanless heat sinks? They are HUGE. I mean, these things were made for servers and shit.

And yes, 3GBs of RAM will effin' FLY! :w00t: Especially when I eventually get a new CPU. I have a lower end Athlon, like, the 2800. I want the 4800. :wub:

4800+ <3

Dual. Core. :w00t:

Edited by Spaz The Great

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have everyone here beat for fans

1 Fan for HDD

1 Fan to blow across MoBo

1 CPU Fan *

1 Fan on Video Card

1 Slot Cooler fan under Video Card

1 Rear Exhaust fan

1 PSU Fan

* The case I'll be getting for Christmas has space for one more fan that I'm gonig to make some duct work for so that it blows right on the cpu. Not quite sure how I'm going to rig it up.

Now I went and calculated how much wattage I'm using - turns out my PSU is right on the edge.

I think I have everyone here beat for fans

1 Fan for HDD

1 Fan to blow across MoBo

1 CPU Fan *

1 Fan on Video Card

1 Slot Cooler fan under Video Card

1 Rear Exhaust fan

1 PSU Fan

Hmm...I have four fans on my PC:

1 fan on power supply

1 fan on the back of the case to flow air through the other fans

1 fan to cool to motherboard

1 fan on the graphics card

Damn, though, Righty, 7 fans?!

Hmm...I have four fans on my PC:

1 fan on power supply

1 fan on the back of the case to flow air through the other fans

1 fan to cool to motherboard

1 fan on the graphics card

Damn, though, Righty, 7 fans?!

That is nothing, I know someone who has an upwards of 13 fans. I have five all together. TWO on the PSU((I bet most of you have two, if you just look)), and the obvious CPU. Then I have an exhuast on the top of my case, and an intake on the bottom front((that blows right onto my HDDs, w00t)). I plan on putting another fan((don't know if it will be exhuast or intake, PROBABLY exhaust)) on the back((every case I have ever saw had a spot on the back to mount a fan. The reason I'm leaning towards exhuast for that one is because if I put an intake there, I'm going to want to put a filter of some sort on there because my house is quite easily dusty. So with exhuast the only way dust will travel in that fan is if it's being blown OUT, which is good anyways. Soon I want to add another GB or two, so I NEED to get a fan to for the memory. That MIGHT get a tad bit hot. I also want this HDD heat sink which sports two fans, and I'll probably have two HDDs((I have two now, but I want to buy a 200GB)). So all together after that I'd have.

2 PCU fans

1 CPU fan

4 HDD fans

1 intake fan in the front

2 exhuast fans((the top and back))

1 mounted somewhere to cool off the RAM

That's 11 fans. I'll have one LOUD, yet COLD AS gently caress PC. :D Hell, overheating? Not even in my dreams.