mycomputer21zc.jpg

the8hv.gif

the8hv.gif

the8hv.gif

Heres the specs:the8hv.gif

Computer:

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

OS Service Pack Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180 (IE 6.0 SP2)

DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Computer Name MIKE-CD23751BA3

User Name Mike

Motherboard:

CPU Type AMD Athlon XP-A, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3200+

Motherboard Name Asus A7V400-MX (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)

Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8378A UniChrome KM400A

System Memory 1280 MB (DDR SDRAM)

BIOS Type Award (12/21/04)

Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)

Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:

Video Adapter RADEON 9550 Secondary (128 MB)

Video Adapter RADEON 9550 (128 MB)

3D Accelerator ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350)

Monitor Sceptre P73 [17" CRT] (934736)

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter Creative SB PCI128 (Ensoniq ES1370) Sound Card

Storage:

IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller

Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive

Disk Drive WDC WD800JB-00JJA0 (74 GB, IDE)

Optical Drive LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-451S (DVD+RW:4x/4x, DVD-RW:4x/2x, DVD-ROM:12x, CD-RW:40x/24x/40x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)

Optical Drive SONY CD-ROM CDU5211 (52x CD-ROM)

SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:

C: (NTFS) 76308 MB (41729 MB free)

Input:

Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Game Controller Microsoft PC-joystick driver

Network:

Network Adapter VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter (69.133.7.7)

Modem AOpen FM56-SVV Soft PCI Modem

Peripherals:

Printer Lexmark Z22-Z32 Color Jetprinter

USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller

USB2 Controller VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller

USB Device EZCam III

USB Device USB Human Interface Device

And as for the fans, I have 2 of them in the front as intake fans, 2 in the back, 2 in my Power Supply, 1 on my Processor, and 1 on the side of my case. I have 8 fans, beats Rightys record of 7, and since Spas doesnt have his new parts, I have the most fans in my computer than anyone else in here.the8hv.gif

Edited by Ðê §h͆

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hm AMD well when I went to a store to see which one is better (Intel or AMD) and they said Intel because Intel is for heavy gaming and AMD they said well when you play lots of good games like Unreal Tournament and games like that on a AMD then the computer will crash or the chip will fry so I got a Intel because the chips don't heat up quickly like the AMD does.

Nice 3 slots and you are planning on filling them all up with 3 gig's or ram dam that will be sweet. Fast ass computer. But the Processor is what makes the computer good :P = obvious I know

Thats not true at all AMD does not crash because of heat probs, its the user that doesn't know how to properly cool the machine....I have an amd 3500 venice and my average temp during intense gaming (battlefield 2) is about 74 degrees fahrenheit (and no it is NOT water cooled!) and my computer has only ever crashed 1 time, and that was because of a windows error, so stick with amd all the way...by the way if you are looking for a new video card get an evga 7800gt, they are amazing, i love mine :coolthumbup:

O yea by the way i have a custom built computer with the amd 3500venice core processor, 1 gb ram, 300gb hard drive, 550 watt OCZ powersupply, ABIT AN8 Fatal1ty SLI motherboard (i love it) and an evga 7800gt graphics card (love that even more lol), and it runs like a dream, plays any game like nothing on max settings!!!

Thats not true at all AMD does not crash because of heat probs, its the user that doesn't know how to properly cool the machine....I have an amd 3500 venice and my average temp during intense gaming (battlefield 2) is about 74 degrees fahrenheit (and no it is NOT water cooled!) and my computer has only ever crashed 1 time, and that was because of a windows error, so stick with amd all the way...by the way if you are looking for a new video card get an evga 7800gt, they are amazing, i love mine :coolthumbup:

O yea by the way i have a custom built computer with the amd 3500venice core processor, 1 gb ram, 300gb hard drive, 550 watt OCZ powersupply, ABIT AN8 Fatal1ty SLI motherboard (i love it) and an evga 7800gt graphics card (love that even more lol), and it runs like a dream, plays any game like nothing on max settings!!!

Really well, I guess it looks like that best buy, futureshop and a few other places are lyers then. I was going to get a AMD but I said screw that, if I really want a big gaming machine go to Intel, so I did and it is sweet, when I saw AMD processors running, they were shit.

Really well, I guess it looks like that best buy, futureshop and a few other places are lyers then. I was going to get a AMD but I said screw that, if I really want a big gaming machine go to Intel, so I did and it is sweet, when I saw AMD processors running, they were shit.

:wtf: I never thought I'd hear someone say that.......

That is untrue all together. Now, what I know some people say is, don't get pre-built AMD machines. ALWAYS build your own machine. I even had the dude at Dell tell me that, now that has say SOMETHING atleast. A guy who is trying to sell pre-built Intel machines telling me to go build my own AMD((though, I already had that opinion, we were just discussing it)).

And yes, Best Buy, Futureshop, etc. will lie to get sales. That is how they work. They lie to you to get you to buy their stuff, namely, the slightly higher priced stuff.

Hmm...I have four fans on my PC:

1 fan on power supply

1 fan on the back of the case to flow air through the other fans

1 fan to cool to motherboard

1 fan on the graphics card

Damn, though, Righty, 7 fans?!

Yes, 7 fans, and they do all server a purpose.

When I got the computer, the hard drive was running at around 97 degrees F and the CPU was running idle around 110. The case that it came in from gateway had some really bad cooling issues. The first thing I did before I got any fans was I turned the CPU fan around, they had it blowing away from the CPU, I turned it around got about 5 degrees off of it. I took the heat sinc off and bought the thermal paste to put on. Now it idles around 95 degrees maybe a little cooler. The hard drive worried me more, becuase its mechanical in a sense; there is something actually moving. I figured that 97 was a little too much for me, so I rigged a fan to blow right on it. Now it runs a little less than ambient in the summer I was getting around 70-75 maybe 80 when it got 100 in the room (my bedroom doesn't have any climate control) and now that its cold out, it runs around 50 (yes, it is that cold in my bedroom).

Since I'm a redneck, I have one fan duct taped to an ice scraper and all of the fans came out of old power supplies so I have them all spliced together on one connector. My HDD fan is held in place with 2 paper clips and can fall out of place if you hit the side of the computer hard enough. I used solder and stranded copper wire that can safely take 300 volts - the only bad thing is, its not really meant for that and it comes apart. Oh - 2 of the fans are tied into a wall light switch that I used to have in the 3.5 bay. I could turn on the fans from the front but I figured out a way to make them quieter so I have them on all the time and the light switch is just sitting inside the case now. You really can't tell anything about the fans from the outside. You can hear them.

@ spaz, I was actually thinking about filtering too. Since there is no sort of air circulation in my bedroom except for my computer that moves alot of air, all of the dust goes right in the computer. It will usually fill itself with dust in 2 weeks. If I let it go a month, there are dust bunnies in it. My bedroom can get so full of dust that I can't breathe up there and I have to run a hepa filter for a few days and not go in.

Also, Best Buy does take you for a ride when they sell stuff. I'm buying the case from there it is going tocost 120. I can get it cheaper on line but my family doesn't do business online. The video card I bought was like 30 more from best buy. I got taken on it from Wal Mart but it was more expensive at Best Buy.

When I find the digi cam, I'll take pics of it.

:wtf: I never thought I'd hear someone say that.......

That is untrue all together. Now, what I know some people say is, don't get pre-built AMD machines. ALWAYS build your own machine. I even had the dude at Dell tell me that, now that has say SOMETHING atleast. A guy who is trying to sell pre-built Intel machines telling me to go build my own AMD((though, I already had that opinion, we were just discussing it)).

And yes, Best Buy, Futureshop, etc. will lie to get sales. That is how they work. They lie to you to get you to buy their stuff, namely, the slightly higher priced stuff.

Well I got mine custom built so I don't really care if they are liers. Intel is good in my opinion and I will stay with it forever. Custom built computers are l33t, better then most of those other crappy made computers.

@ spaz, I was actually thinking about filtering too. Since there is no sort of air circulation in my bedroom except for my computer that moves alot of air, all of the dust goes right in the computer. It will usually fill itself with dust in 2 weeks. If I let it go a month, there are dust bunnies in it. My bedroom can get so full of dust that I can't breathe up there and I have to run a hepa filter for a few days and not go in.

Also, Best Buy does take you for a ride when they sell stuff. I'm buying the case from there it is going tocost 120. I can get it cheaper on line but my family doesn't do business online. The video card I bought was like 30 more from best buy. I got taken on it from Wal Mart but it was more expensive at Best Buy.

When I find the digi cam, I'll take pics of it.

Yeah, my case actually HAS filters where the fans are. Maybe I'll get pictures to show what I'm talking about. My entire case is pretty much mesh-designed, it's filled with holes, so it has some sort of netting under the casing to keep dust out.

Yeah, my mom is big anti-internet-shopping. She thinks everyone on the internet is just going to rip you off. That is alot of money for a case. Mine was like 60 dollars, but I didn't need the power supply since it was weaker than mine, and that cut 20 dollars off of the price, making it 40. For 40 dollars, it's a nice case. It's big, but that is good, for expansion purposes.

well no matter how you look at it AMD owns, it is the only processor that can run some of todays, and many future games that feature 64 bit, such as farcry 64 bit version (it looks so much better, and if you dont believe me search for yourself) and yes intel does have a 64 bit processor, i believe it is called the xeon, but then again you pay about 5 times for that than you would an AMD, and my bet is about a year all games will be in 64 bit to keep ahead of consoles, and then all intel customers will have to upgrade to a BETTER processor, (and if that doesn't make sense to you, you are a noob and shouldn't even b in the room)

well no matter how you look at it AMD owns, it is the only processor that can run some of todays, and many future games that feature 64 bit, such as farcry 64 bit version (it looks so much better, and if you dont believe me search for yourself) and yes intel does have a 64 bit processor, i believe it is called the xeon, but then again you pay about 5 times for that than you would an AMD, and my bet is about a year all games will be in 64 bit to keep ahead of consoles, and then all intel customers will have to upgrade to a BETTER processor, (and if that doesn't make sense to you, you are a noob and shouldn't even b in the room)

your a idiot, it is called I was giving out my OPINION you stupid nOob, oh and what do you think buisnesses mostly use well let me see they use INTEL, hardly anyone uses AMD. Intel is more powerful and is easier to use. Who gives a shit if AMD looks cool, oh and how the hell can a AMD look cool, I laugh at you so hard :rofl2:

Hardcore gaming users use Intel. AMD is mostly for other things that do not go with hardcore gaming, oh and if you post again make sure your dumbass nOob self doesn't use the chatroom term "get out of this room", god you are a dam nOob.

See this is one reason why some forums aren't going very well because some stupid nOob tries to overcome people who have been here for awhile. I have 13 words for you pal "get the heck out of this forum while you still have the chance" :angry:

your a idiot, it is called I was giving out my OPINION you stupid nOob, oh and what do you think buisnesses mostly use well let me see they use INTEL, hardly anyone uses AMD. Intel is more powerful and is easier to use. Who gives a shit if AMD looks cool, oh and how the hell can a AMD look cool, I laugh at you so hard :rofl2:

Hardcore gaming users use Intel. AMD is mostly for other things that do not go with hardcore gaming, oh and if you post again make sure your dumbass nOob self doesn't use the chatroom term "get out of this room", god you are a dam nOob.

See this is one reason why some forums aren't going very well because some stupid nOob tries to overcome people who have been here for awhile. I have 13 words for you pal "get the heck out of this forum while you still have the chance" :angry:

1. He was saying the GAME FarCry made for 64-bit processors looked cool.

2. Duh businesses use Intel, Intel throw their name at you ALL THE TIME. You can't walk into a computer store without INTEL INSIDE shoved in your face. That doesn't make it the better processor.

3. Hardly anyone uses AMD? I beg to differ. ALOT of people use AMD.

4. Intel is NOT more powerful, and CPUs do not have ease of use. You put them in, and turn on the PC. After that, you don't do anything.

5. Hardcore gamers do NOT use Intel. They use AMD. AMD is not for "other things that do not go with hardcore gaming".

1. He was saying the GAME FarCry made for 64-bit processors looked cool.

2. Duh businesses use Intel, Intel throw their name at you ALL THE TIME. You can't walk into a computer store without INTEL INSIDE shoved in your face. That doesn't make it the better processor.

3. Hardly anyone uses AMD? I beg to differ. ALOT of people use AMD.

4. Intel is NOT more powerful, and CPUs do not have ease of use. You put them in, and turn on the PC. After that, you don't do anything.

5. Hardcore gamers do NOT use Intel. They use AMD. AMD is not for "other things that do not go with hardcore gaming".

Damn straight, Spaz. AMD processors are perform better and cost more, AND at least half the people I know use them, if not more. If I could afford it, I'd drop this Pentium 4 so fast...

Damn straight, Spaz. AMD processors are perform better and cost more, AND at least half the people I know use them, if not more. If I could afford it, I'd drop this Pentium 4 so fast...

I have the Athlon 64-bit 2800+. I SOOOO badly want like the 4200+ or something.

Mmmmmm, tasy.

I just want one of the dual-core processors. :dribble:

Fine you big AMD people. AMD 64 bit is better then intel, I figured that out by a computer nerd, and yes I would rather of asked a computer nerd then listen to a bunch of people on here -_-

I think I should save up for that AMD 64 bit, hell since I already have quite a bit of money saved up I should check out the price and buy the thing. Lol I think my computer has the right thing to put a zion processor in it :P

Man that would be a blast to have a zion.

Millions of people use AMD, Intel is obviously still popular due to their incessant, constant advertising.

My personal server is actually an AMD, though the one TheGTAPlace runs on is an Intel Pentium 4 2.8Ghz with 4 processors, yes it's great.

My server is nowhere near that fast but still does an excellent job of hosting all my other websites.

My desktop has an Intel Pentium 4 1.7ghz and my new laptop has a Pentium M 1.86Ghz which I will overclock to 2ghz when I get round to it.

I have .txt files somewhere with all my specs of my computers, I'll try and find them. I'm rebuilding my desktop over the winter though hopefully so everything might change :)

Oh. My. Wow. Intel are little cheaters. They pay game developers to design these games to run slightly better on Intel so that they can own the market. Effin' assholes. Why can't they just make PROPER GAMING CHIPS IN THE FIRST PLACE!? :pissedred:

So those sponsored gamers use Intel, for that couple second advantage((everyone knows 2-3 seconds can be life/death in a fast-action FPS)).

gently caress YOU INTEL! The ONLY reason you're doing so good is you're EFFIN' CHEATING, and you THROW YOUR P.O.S. NAME DOWN OUR THROATS 24/7! :pissed: