What are you currently playing?

Aftermath

^ Yep, I finished the game today too, and I felt like crying for hours. It's simply the best game I've played in the last 10 years, easily beating GTA4, all the other GTA games, and almost every other game out over that period.

MAJOR SPOILERS! Don't read if you don't want to know significant plot details...

There were so many plot twists and turns I found it hard to keep up. Even though I've finished it, tonight I'll be briefly going through all the previous games again, including the original 2 Metal Gears, via the MGS3 Subsistence package. I was astonished when the name of Big Boss appeared in the credits. I was wondering, where on earth was he? I didn't see him anywhere. And then. Snake is standing in the graveyard, when Big Boss appears behind him. Not long after that, Zero (!) from MGS3 came into shot. I found it quite remarkable he was still alive, TBH. When Raiden stopped the Outer Haven ship from crushing Snake, that surprised me as well, and even more so after when he didn't die from it. When he wasn't a robot any more, when Snake was desperately crawling on the floor through the microwave-infested chamber leading to the GW, or JD program, I forget which, when Big Mama, and Naomi, and Vamp all died, and that final hand-to-hand fight aboard the Outer Haven, with the classic life bars from MGS1, and music playing in the background from MGS1, 2 and 3, it was a feeling no other videogame has matched so far.

BTW, I'm a little irritated at all the install times. Since I've restarted the game, you still have to install. I hope this doesn't keep on taking up space you can't get back, otherwise it's a massive oversight on Kojimas behalf. And what's this about a white room I heard? It apparently contains 1 or 2 huge surprises, but I never came across it...

I'll be playing the first 2 Metal Gears shortly.

The hand to hand battle was unique, with the life bars and songs from previous games. It's simply a mond blowing game.

I'm gonna have some fun at MGO now.

Thing is, if I really wanted to enjoy MGS4 I would have to play all the previous titles.

Playing Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition (PSP)

Dude, you should play the previous titles, it's a great series you are missing.

I know I know but it's just I played the online beta for MGS4 and found the controls wierd and the whole game confusing... I'm afraid that I won't like the rest of them. Plus I'm spending my gaming money on all the great games coming out for PS3 at the moment! But you seem like the kind of guy who loves the series, can you tell me what games are similiar to the MGS series? Because I am considering trying out all the old games. Thanks!

Edited by FallenClyro

Spore Creature Creator.

Isn't leaked software nice? Ah, the fuck. It would have been free in 2 days anyway. And what's 2 days compared to 3 years..

Thanks, man I almost forgot about it, I've download it and it is now installing, can't wait!!!

Thing is, if I really wanted to enjoy MGS4 I would have to play all the previous titles.

Playing Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition (PSP)

Dude, you should play the previous titles, it's a great series you are missing.

I know I know but it's just I played the online beta for MGS4 and found the controls wierd and the whole game confusing... I'm afraid that I won't like the rest of them. Plus I'm spending my gaming money on all the great games coming out for PS3 at the moment! But you seem like the kind of guy who loves the series, can you tell me what games are similiar to the MGS series? Because I am considering trying out all the old games. Thanks!

Similar to MGS? Um, you got Splinter Cell, which is also stealth but that's about the only thing they got in common. The older games aren't as complicated looking as this one and the controls are much simpler. Try getting MGS2, it's cheap and should spark your interest. If you have PSP, try MGS PO. I'd recommend gettin the first one but I doubt you'll find it.

MGS1, great classic.

Exactly, I went back to it yesterday and finished it this morning, it never gets dull. Right now I'm about to install some new demos from the new official ps3 mag, mainly Euro 2008. My FIFA 08 hasn't arrived yet, I ordered it like 2 weeks ago in anticipation of Euro 2008...

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006. Paradise Cove is the hardest and weirdest golf course ever. I've seen weird courses in the 2003 and especially 2004 versions but this takes the cake. Managed to go -5 with an eagle, 7 birdies, a bogey, and double bogey (flew the green on a par 5 2nd shot). Hole 16 is a bitch.

/ramblingnooneknowsabout