What did you get for Christmas?

Steven

Yeah?!

Well guess what!

My parents upgraded my 4-year-old computer!!! YEAH! Finally, I've been waiting for this for YEARS!

Here's a list of the previous value/rate and the new value:

1. CPU Speed 2.4 GHZ ===> 3.4 GHZ

2. RAM 256MB ===> 1024 MB

3. HDD Space 40 GB ===> 200GB (Got 2 New HDDs, each with 80 GBs of Space)

4. VGA GeForce4 64mb===> GeForce7 Ultra (or something like that) 512mb

5. Processor P4 32Bit ===> Pentium 4 64.0Bit

6. Windows XP Pro ===> Windows XP Pro (still the same)

But the rest of the casing and monitor is still the same! So I can virtually play any game I'd like! But I'm still in Bali now, gotta wait until 5th of January 2006 to start installing the games...! That's right, keep those games coming!!! WOooohOOO!

I am on my hot new lap top ^_^

I got ghost recon2 some comps stuff and a cd also.

Whoa! Ghost Recon 2! I'm looking forward to get the game. I heard, that the Console Versions and the PC Versions have COMPELETELY different storylines. Hell, I don't have PS2/Xbox/PS3/360 or any consoles except for the PSX.

Edited by C.O.D

BUUULLLSSHIIIIT! Only a few 512MB video-cards are out and those are used for like, professional 3D real-time rendering. Like, doctor poo, and stuff. They actually suck for gaming.

Hey, I don't know the actual amount of the memory of my VGA. But if it's not 128, it's 256. My Dad says he is TRYING to get a 512mb VGA. I don't know yet, I'm still in Bali, and my Computer's in Jakarta! The only thing my Dad said was: "It's not going to be 64.0mb or lower." So, yeah, maybe it's 128/256mb.

Edited by C.O.D

Hey, I don't know the actual amount of the memory of my VGA. But if it's not 128, it's 256. My Dad says he is TRYING to get a 512mb VGA. I don't know yet, I'm still in Bali, and my Computer's in Jakarta! The only thing my Dad said was: "It's not going to be 64.0mb or lower." So, yeah, maybe it's 128/256mb.

No way man! So far I've seen only one graphics card with 512mb, some new ATI, very expensive. Not even GeForce 7800GTX Cool FX has 512mb ram. If you've got a SLI, which I doubt, because there are no VGA cards that support SLI, and besides, that would cost you completely new computer, because you have to buy a new motherboard. VGA is an old standard, all good cards have PCI-express.

So it's more like 128 or 256.

For Christmas I got...

Clothes

Need For Speed Most Wanted Black Edition

Call of Duty 2 Big Red One

Xmod 2005 Mustang Eolution with a stage 2 motor and body kit

20 Bawls drinks!

Xbox 360 ( comes in within a week )

2 pairs of Shoes ( Nike Free, and New Balance Running shoes )

PSP speaker and docking station.

And thats about it :)

I got some DVD's and a game:

- Futurama Season 4 Boxset

- Family Guy Season 1

- Ratchet Gladiator (a.k.a Ratchet Deadlocked in North America)

I also got a few other small things from other people like a dart board, which I haven't used yet because I have to find somewhere to put it so I won't break anything. It was my birthday a few days b4 Christmas and I got NFSMW for PSP and SAW UMD, so I'm happy. :coolthumbup:

Edited by bryan

My brother got me a quentin jammer jersey(san diego chargers),a football with the chargers logo on it,and a swimsuit calender of the chargers girls.

My Cousin got me a box of cologne and my other cousin got me cologne too.

My sister game me money which i used to buy madden 06

My Nena got me a 20$ gift card for walmart

And my other brother got me a sweater

And my mom didnt get me anything she said she's gonna get me a late christmas present.

@Slayer

Hey, you're like repeating what I've just said. And I've asked my dad about the new VGA, and he said he got one with 256mb of memory. He got one of the GeForce7 Series with 256mb, to be precise. I'm looking forward to go back to Jakarta... *sigh* Time goes by so slowly for me.

HM... Let's not spam this topic up, if we really REALLY want to discuss this, let's go make another topic in the Technical PC Discussions sub-forums. Okay?

Edited by C.O.D

@Slayer

Hey, you're like repeating what I've just said. And I've asked my dad about the new VGA, and he said he got one with 256mb of memory. He got one of the GeForce7 Series with 256mb, to be precise. I'm looking forward to go back to Jakarta... *sigh* Time goes by so slowly for me.

HM... Let's not spam this topic up, if we really REALLY want to discuss this, let's go make another topic in the Technical PC Discussions sub-forums. Okay?

OK, I believe you that you've got 7 series but not with 512MB RAM because there are no GeForce 7xxx with 512MB (unless you bought another 256MB)

For Christmas I got...

Clothes

Need For Speed Most Wanted Black Edition

Call of Duty 2 Big Red One

Xmod 2005 Mustang Eolution with a stage 2 motor and body kit

20 Bawls drinks!

Xbox 360 ( comes in within a week )

2 pairs of Shoes ( Nike Free, and New Balance Running shoes )

PSP speaker and docking station.

And thats about it :)

You got 20 bottles of Bawls? Why 20? That is an odd effin' number. Which means you didn't get them together, they are seperate bottles. Which means that each one was paid for seperately and someone got ripped the gently caress off.