.img problem

Ranger

HI,

I am new to Vice City only about 4 months old. I downloaded some mods for Vice City. Some required VCMM which I used. But some required opening and editing the Gta3.img file in models folder. I have searched most of the net even downloaded 7 programs that open .img files but every time I try 2 open gta3.img file,I get an error that it cannot be opened. I reinstalled the game several times using my friends cd's even the original one but I cannot open the .img file. So the mods cannot be activated. on the net,.img files are classified as a bitmap Is t really so??

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help!!!!!

yes...

the gta3.img is a compressed image file...

maybe u got to right click on the gta3.img and in "properties" unselect "read only"...

thats a right way to start...

and some programs recomended:

> viceTXD

http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=42

> img tool

i really like the first one cuz u can see the images... replace and extract them too...

the other is just to replace files and extract..

i hope it has helped you...

it helped me... :gappy:

i still need help. I could open the .img file. But i cannot find .dff files in the program. the mod README says that i need to delete rocketla.txd and rocketla.dff and add new files. But i cannot delete the files plz help!!!!!!(AGAIN)

ok ok ok...

u wanna replace rocketla.txt and rocketla.dff...

thats fakin easy!!!

first download img tool

Download IMG Tool (in german.. but u can)

then open gta3.img with that program...

go to edit/find... or just put F2...

search rocketla and and select rocketla.txt and rocketla.dff... delete them...

the put comands/add... or control+a... and find the new rocketla.txt and rocketla.dff...

**they must be unziped** :gappy:

ok... when u put the new rocketla.txt and rocketla.dff on the gta3.img... go to comands/rebuild...

it will take seconds...

and thats it!!

my first mod installed on my gta was a 6 rocket launcher... i couldn't use it... i replace all...

but i dont know wtf happens...

so... some mods doesn't work... :gappy:

thats all... u can't not understand this :rolleyes:

hope i helped :worship:

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

search rocketla and and select rocketla.txt and rocketla.dff... delete them...

the put comands/add... or control+a... and find the new rocketla.txt and rocketla.dff...

**they must be unziped** :gappy:

ok... when u put the new rocketla.txt and rocketla.dff on the gta3.img... go to comands/rebuild...

it will take seconds...

and thats it!!

It's rocketla.txd, not rocketla.txt. txt are text (notepad) files.

my first mod installed on my gta was a 6 rocket launcher... i couldn't use it... i replace all...

but i dont know wtf happens...

so... some mods doesn't work... :gappy:

You also have to edit the weapons.dat (not sure about the extension) and put in the new lines for rocket launcher or it won't act like it had 6 rockets.