Couldn't Find Anywhere Else To Post This

westgate

I'm at work right now(bored out of my mind), and my co-worker has a PSP and is trying to find out how to put video's onto it. I don't know what format the PSP supports for the videos. We've been trying to figure it out for the past half-hour, but I don't know how the PSP works, too lazy to look on Google, and I figured there were enough smart people here to figure it out.

So if anyone can help him out here, he'd appreciate it :)

I'm at work right now(bored out of my mind), and my co-worker has a PSP and is trying to find out how to put video's onto it. I don't know what format the PSP supports for the videos. We've been trying to figure it out for the past half-hour, but I don't know how the PSP works, too lazy to look on Google, and I figured there were enough smart people here to figure it out.

So if anyone can help him out here, he'd appreciate it :)

Google would've been quicker than asking random people on a GTA forum. But, you have come to a good place, for I happen to know what you need.

You need MPEG4 encoded videos. These are, "video.MPG4". Also, they must be in the correct folder, and have the correct file name. MOST MPEG4 videos you'll find online will already have the right names((because they were probably made for the PSP)). You can get a program called PSP Max Media Manager. It will convert most videos for you. That program, however, does not support .MOV files((QuickTime files)).

The best thing to do is download 3GP_Converter, you pop a video into its small window and it automatically converts the video to the right format, decreases file size, AND makes the video fit the psp screen at full. Google it, it makes things SUPER easy.

Also, once you get the 2 files that are outputted, connect your psp, and in the drive that contains the psp stuff you will see folders PSP, and MP_ROOT, go into MP_ROOT and you should find a folder called 100MNV01, any others...dont worry about but dont stick your videos in them. Stick your videos into the 100MNV01 folder and presto. If you dont have these folders, its ok, simply make them.

3GP_converter is a very simple to use program, and its one of the best, it compresses files, makes them fit the screen perfectly and whatnot. For more information on psp stuff visit www.freewebs.com/akademikz/ It will explain everything, but more in depth. Especially 3dp converter.

3gp is a free program so you know. And it will convert almost ANY file type to the right one.

So dont waste your time trying to find converters, or max media manager...this is what I use and I can put a vid on my psp in minutes.

Edited by Equinox

Thanks guys. You answered the question I was going to ask next(about what program should I use to convert).

So, um, yea. I also got my first "look" at the GTA:LCS. Didn't get to play it though. He made me handle with all the customers while he sat back and played games.

3gp is a free program so you know. And it will convert almost ANY file type to the right one.

So dont waste your time trying to find converters, or max media manager...this is what I use and I can put a vid on my psp in minutes.

Guess what? Max Media Manager compresses the files AND transfers them to the PSP WHILE converting them. No need to bother with possible confusing folder names. It does ALL of the work, for you. :bleh:

Psp also suppots .mp4. ;)

Same format.

Eh, I tried the 3GP converter thingy... and it didn't work. I tried putting the file into the little box... so I'm just getting the one that Spaz said he uses.

Good luck, I have aboslutely no clue where I found it. Someone posted a link to it a while back and I can't find it on Google.

I've had ONLY ONE problem with the program. He used Limewire to download a Kanye West song(he like Kanye) and when he downloaded it, it was already in .mp4 format. He used the program anyways to put it on the PSP, and when it's completed, it doesn't show up on the PSP, even when we go to the folder where it is located and shows up there(on the PC of course).

So yea, if any of you know the answer for this one... it would be appreciated.