gta 3 or vice city

i was wondering if i should trade in my vice city for gta3 on pc because ive always thought gta3 was better but on the day i went 2 buy it i couldnt find it so i got vice city <_<

should i trade or stick with vice city?

P.S can you change the skins in gta 3 like in vice city?

Edited by the spooky lemon

• 1 month later...

I don't think anyone can compare these two. They are both great games and each special in it's own way. If you got tired of Vice City, and you haven't played 3, get 3 and complete it. If you have completed 3 then decide which one do you prefer. I prefer VC as a city, not as a game, because of it's atmosphere. It's always sunny and warm there, and LC really makes me have a bad mood because it's always rainy and cold there. And if you're a stunter, play VC. It's the best GTA in stunting.

• 2 months later...

Even though Vice City has Motorbikes and GTA3 doesn't, I still prefer GTA3 for a number of reasons.

One reason is probably because it was such a huge leap from the original Grand Theft Auto to the 3D world of GTA3 which made it a more memorable experience.

The main reason though is because GTA3s version of Liberty City is still my favourite GTA city, partly because of the atmosphere, which everyone else seems to hate for some reason. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't really like Vice City's sunny cheerful atmosphere. It just didn't make being a mean, nasty criminal seem right, whereas Liberty City's gloomy 'Worst Place in America' atmosphere was perfect for a GTA game.

Also, the fact that you're playing as a low-level guy as opposed to a mob-boss/businessman like character like Tommy Vercetti was a more enjoyable experience for me, which is probably why 'Claude'/'Fido' is still my favourite playable character in some respects.

Long story short, I would definitely reccomend GTA3, even if you've already played Vice City or San Andreas.

People who've been in the gta scene for a long time always prefer gta 3, people who are fairly new prefer vice city. It's just a matter of which you played first generally, I play Vice City first however as I love the 80s I'd always go for Vice City

• 4 weeks later...
People who've been in the gta scene for a long time always prefer gta 3, people who are fairly new prefer vice city. It's just a matter of which you played first generally, I play Vice City first however as I love the 80s I'd always go for Vice City

I have played GTA since the beginning and played GTA 3 a little at my friends house and then bought the double pack and beat Vice City first. So I guess you're right because I like Vice City more but I still love GTA3. So both games are good you should definately buy it if you've never played it before.

thats a hard question. gta3 is origonal and classic. but vice city is awesome only cuz of the new features. but besides that, gta3 is better. but if u get gta3 and try to do something (example: jump out of a moving vehicle or something els that u really loved about vice city) u might get a little dissapointed that u cant do that in gta3.

yno, he started this topic in january. u think he made his dessision?

Get the Vice city: libery city total conversion mod and you can play both.

just make two folders with all vices files. Have one folder have the conversion and leave the other.

Thing thats cool about the vice city:liberty city mod is it turns vice into liberty city...but with vice's game engine.

SO you smash cars with baseball bats this time and shoot out windows.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=204010

Edited by Sabin

oh yeah i never thought about that. dont get gta3. u can hardly do anything. keep vice city and download the mod on this site:

http://www.gta-downloads.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=6

this will give u gta3 with all the hot features of vice city. u cant beat that!

but still u think this guy has made his dessision yet?

Edited by evabin2libertycity?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Stick to Vice city man, it has lots of extra features and it looks better too, the thing that makes GTA3 come close at VC, is the sick storyline, i'ts really one hell of a story... If your into the story thingy, then I suggest you go get GTA3... BUT....

In overall stick to vice city!! :)

You bumped a topic like 6 months old. Don't do that.Read me Instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is old, but anyway........

I've been in the GTA scene since 1998, and I always prefer VC to GTA III.

I played III when it first came out, and as soon as VC came out I was blown away. Ironically I never felt the same way about SA.

For their age though, III and VC are still kick ass games.

Edited by Johnny Fidalgo